UF Game 3

We will have to suffer through two years of sucking before we can fire Gino who has zero business running a top program.

Not even ten games in and people are losing their minds. I wasn't overly excited about this guy getting the job, but he sure as **** hasn't done enough to warrant this nonsense. Bats looked improved, team has played some good ball early in the season, and suffered two losses on the road to a top 5 team.

Advertisement
Here's my thoughts after this weekend:

Should have won the series last night, but it happens w freshman relievers and a first year head coach.
Love the energy from the guys - they want to win badly.
Our talent is comparable to UF's.
Zamora and Jenkins need to start producing vs quality opponents.
Our starting pitching should keep us in 80 - 90% of our games.
Del Castillo has only struck out once in 32 Abs through 7 games as a true freshman - that's impressive.
Amditis' defense and management of the pitchers has really improved.
The bullpen is a big question mark.

This team has a lot of potential, but it comes down to execution, putting teams away when the opportunity presents and finishing.

Here's my thoughts after this weekend:

Should have won the series last night, but it happens w freshman relievers and a first year head coach.
Love the energy from the guys - they want to win badly.
Our talent is comparable to UF's.
Zamora and Jenkins need to start producing vs quality opponents.
Our starting pitching should keep us in 80 - 90% of our games.
Del Castillo has only struck out once in 32 Abs through 7 games as a true freshman - that's impressive.
Amditis' defense and management of the pitchers has really improved.
The bullpen is a big question mark.

This team has a lot of potential, but it comes down to execution, putting teams away when the opportunity presents and finishing.

This. I don't think Jenkins and Zamora should be 1 and 3 in the batting order. Let's get Toral some more at bats by moving him up.

Advertisement
Can They Move Lala To CF And Put Cloonan In LF ? Can Quinones Play LF ? I Don't Get The Jenkins Thing Since Last Year. The Ratio Of Jenkin's Playing Time And Production Is Whack
Not only that but Jenkins seems suspect in the field as well. Lord knows last night that reliever killed us but that triple that cleared the bases and sealed the game seemed like it could've been caught with a decent jump and angle on the ball. Let alone some effort.

This. I don't think Jenkins and Zamora should be 1 and 3 in the batting order. Let's get Toral some more at bats by moving him up.

Agree; even though it's early, I'd flip Jenkins and Lala in the order right now. You'd have your lead off hitter set for the next three to four years, most likely, and Jenkins just isn't getting it done w the OBP that you have to have as a lead off hitter.

This team is good. They went toe-to-toe with a desperate Florida squad who got nearly every break. I feel better about this season after seeing how they played this weekend, rather than worse.

If you're calling for DiMare to be gone after the way this team has improved then there is nothing he can do to win you over.
That was only 1 pathetic poster who said that. I'm shocked it wasnt Jagr.

Advertisement
That was only 1 pathetic poster who said that. I'm shocked it wasnt Jagr.

Jagr did like the post, so make it 2 pathetic ones. Frustrating not to win the series after winning game 1 but the team looks much improved. The big question is the bullpen.

This team is good. They went toe-to-toe with a desperate Florida squad who got nearly every break. I feel better about this season after seeing how they played this weekend, rather than worse.

If you're calling for DiMare to be gone after the way this team has improved then there is nothing he can do to win you over.

Last year's woeful Miami team lost to the CWS semi-finalist by scores of 7-3 and 8-2, and won one game 2-0.
This year's "new and improved" Miami team lost to a young, struggling UF team by scores of 9-3 and 4-1, and won one game 5-2.

Only the eternal optimists like Roffers and CTCANE saw a bunch of improvement from last year to this year. In reality, there is probably a marginal change in attitude and excitement, but the quality of play wasn't all that different.

Jagr did like the post, so make it 2 pathetic ones. Frustrating not to win the series after winning game 1 but the team looks much improved. The big question is the bullpen.

Why don't you drop the tired personal attacks and tell me specifically what you saw that looks much improved. Thanks in advance.

Florida's loaded 2018 team outscored us 15-7. Florida's young 2019 team outscored us 15-9.

Build the statue for DiMare now?

Advertisement
Think this team has the chance to be a good one.series was a good one kids made some mistakes .before the season if you said we'd win the fist against ufag but lose the series and did have a chance to win the last two.I'd take that as a win compared to the last couple years.we finally have a team that can every series at least be competitive.we'd should be happy and shouldn't expect dimare to coach like a seasoned get his first year in sure make some mistakes just Manny will do next football season.

Florida's loaded 2018 team outscored us 15-7. Florida's young 2019 team outscored us 15-9.

Build the statue for DiMare now?
give it a break stats don't tell everything.I bet you this cane team will have you eating crow by the end of the season.

Advertisement
Correct, stats don't tell everything. So tell me what you saw that looks much improved.
Starting pitching,batting avg is up,home runs are up.team might of lost vs Florida but if they had gotten hits with runners in scoring position and hadn't committed the errors we could have won.last year there was no chance that we'd won any.

Starting pitching,batting avg is up,home runs are up.

So we were better against a woeful northern team.

team might of lost vs Florida but if they had gotten hits with runners in scoring position and hadn't committed the errors we could have won.

LOL......did you really just say that if we scored more runs and made fewer errors then we would have won.....and that is evidence that we are BETTER this year? Good grief.

last year there was no chance that we'd won any.

We beat them once last year, just like we did this year.

So we were better against a woeful northern team.

LOL......did you really just say that if we scored more runs and made fewer errors then we would have won.....and that is evidence that we are BETTER this year? Good grief.

what I was saying like last night we left too many runners in scoring position.made too many errors cut those errors down and get clutch hits could've been a different story.

We beat them once last year, just like we did this year.
Last year we won the third game and those games weren't as close going into the 7-8 innings as these were.

Last year we won the third game and those games weren't as close going into the 7-8 innings as these were.

Just stop if you're only going to make stuff up. Last year we were down 5-3 going into the 8th in one loss and down 4-2 going into the 8th in the other loss. Then we won game three. All three games were close going into the 8th inning. Just like this year.

Advertisement
Back