UF Expects to (and Does) Hire Corey Raymond

Advertisement
Offer more and bring him to me

like i said earlier, I don't think this is a money issue because I'm sure we can match it. I think the issue is that it was late interest - Mario, perhaps, had already dialed into his guy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Raymond had no intentions on leaving LSU, he left because Brian Kelly really didn’t want him because Kelly is a control freak & didn’t like the perception of Corey Raymond being an untouchable on his staff. Brian Kelly wants autonomous control & he wasn’t gonna have any coach on his staff that seemingly had more respect & power than he did, so he basically made him a sh*t offer that he had no choice but to turn down.

So, in order to save face in the state of Louisiana on the recruiting grounds BK had to go bring Frank Wilson back & name him the AHC/RB’s coach just so he could have some local Louisiana recruiters on staff in order to keep from losing them all to Bama, TAMU & UGA.

Corey Raymond has been offered jobs by Bama, UGA & TAMU over the years & has turned them all down, he was even offered the CB’s coach job by Sark & turned him down so Sark went & got Terry Joseph from Notre Dame.

Brian Kelly will try to bring Terry Joseph back to replace Raymond but his first cousin WR’s coach Mickey Joseph just left for Nebraska because he didn’t wanna be on Kelly’s staff, so we’ll see if Terry feels the same.

If he can’t get Terry Joseph back his best bet would be to go get LaMar Morgan from Vanderbilt, he’s a former Safety at ULL, coached at ULM, Houston & was on Napier staff’s at ULL for 2 years before he got hired at Vandy.
Weird he ends up at Florida after all those opportunities. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Advertisement
Weird he ends up at Florida after all those opportunities. Let’s see how long it lasts.

One coach does nothing. How much did TRob change our vector? What direction was LSU headed with Raymond there?

Winning programs have the total package starting with the AD, the HC and the coordinators. The jury is still out if UF has a winning formula. Some G5 coaches have turned out to be home runs. But most flame out when they hit the top P5 and have to go head to head with the winning programs.

One coach does nothing. How much did TRob change our vector? What direction was LSU headed with Raymond there?

Winning programs have the total package starting with the AD, the HC and the coordinators. The jury is still out if UF has a winning formula. Some G5 coaches have turned out to be home runs. But most flame out when they hit the top P5 and have to go head to head with the winning programs.
Valid points. Not worried about Florida. I see us hiring a staff full of good to elite recruiters. We are going to eat in that department. I just hope we can develop and game plan with the Coordinators.

Advertisement
FSpoo watching things unfold in Miami and gaytown:
1639068827680.gif

I’d think TRob stays on field. Not sure about DVD.
DVD hasn't shown me anything that is deserving of an on-field role as a legit P5 assistant. Put him back on the recruiting game, nothing else. That way, he can be buddy buddy with recruits, without having them lose respect for him when the coaching has to come into play.

Advertisement
Back