UF baseball > UM baseball

Advertisement
Advertisement
Games like this depends who got the lucky bounce.they were both pitchers fuel and I hate to see us lose especially to them.this could be the matchup for the nc in june.

Advertisement
When you hire a coach without doing a search, and that coach was on the staff that missed the college World Series twice after we made it for forty or so consecutive years, and that coach is also a BoT member’s son, then yea, you are open to criticism.

The logic being used here is hilarious

The logic being used here is hilarious
Please elaborate. Did he do a search to see who else was out there? Did he possibly look to an assistant on Vanderbilt’s staff or another school with recent success to get some outside ideas and fresh perspectives on how they are successful as a private school with scholarship limitations? Did he interview someone with head coach experience with proven success? No. Instead, we gave a guy a coach in waiting position when our program was on a sharp downward trajectory and kept the status quo.

Absolutely nothing that I said is anything but fact. Same thing as football. Go and do some due diligence, see who is available, hear some outside ideas. If you interview a few people and arrive on Diaz, I mean DiMare, as your choice, then fine. Otherwise, people can rightfully and justifiably criticize your decision and process.

Advertisement
Please elaborate. Did he do a search to see who else was out there? Did he possibly look to an assistant on Vanderbilt’s staff or another school with recent success to get some outside ideas and fresh perspectives on how they are successful as a private school with scholarship limitations? Did he interview someone with head coach experience with proven success? No. Instead, we gave a guy a coach in waiting position when our program was on a sharp downward trajectory and kept the status quo.

Absolutely nothing that I said is anything but fact. Same thing as football. Go and do some due diligence, see who is available, hear some outside ideas. If you interview a few people and arrive on Diaz, I mean DiMare, as your choice, then fine. Otherwise, people can rightfully and justifiably criticize your decision and process.

Im sure you were silent prior to this weekend series.

Anyone saying this team isnt better under Dimare has an agenda and is more concerned about their opinion being correct as opposed to rooting for the team. Personally I find those types of people nauseating.

Why we lose to UF I have no idea.

Anyone saying this team isnt better under Dimare has an agenda and is more concerned about their opinion being correct as opposed to rooting for the team. Personally I find those types of people nauseating.

You must not come here often if you think people were silent before this weekend. Talk about being naive.

What, exactly, is "better" under DiMare? The fact that we now have a shot to actually make the tournament? We sunk to all-time lows when DiMare was the recruiting coordinator and hitting coach. You can't pat a guy on the back for improving on his own failures.

I think we are better under DiMare than we were under Morris at the end of his tenure. But that is not really the point or the question, to me. We should be better than missing the CWS outright in consecutive years. The question is whether we hired the best person available when Morris retired. I don’t know that, but the problem is neither does Blake James, because he didn’t do a search.

I am rooting for this team and have for a **** of a long time. I hope they win the World Series this year and justify the coach in waiting position. It is not an agenda or rooting against them or wanting to be proven right. It is a fair question and criticism to make.

Advertisement
I think in college more than any other level the HC makes all the difference...

At a level you don’t have any extra “paid” help the HC can seriously make or break it...

quite obvious who has the better coach currently

Advertisement
Back