UF Announces Fall Semester Opening Plans

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Similar to Miami, just opening later and continuing after Thanksgiving. Probably because majority of students are in state.

The university will have in-person classes begin on August 31 and will conclude the semester by December 18. Final exams must be completed by the mid-December date.

A caveat to the reopening plans is the addition of virtual learning. After Thanksgiving Break, instructors are encouraged to allow course or exam completion remotely.

“Some in-person classes will be smaller to allow for physical distancing. Some classes will be held outdoors. There will be more online classes, and some will be hybrids of both in-person and online. Students who prefer to stay online for the fall semester who can do so while staying on track to graduate on time, are encouraged to configure their schedules accordingly.”

“Campus residences will operate with a reduced capacity and will adjust occupancy within some rooms to promote the safety of the community,” “Triple rooms will no longer be available. Masks will not be required within a student’s own room as roommates in residence halls will be treated as a single household. However, face coverings are required in common areas, hallways and outside of rooms where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain.”

So Miami and UF are still planning on opening campus for fall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I could have sworn school used to start after Labor Day when I was a kid in the 70s. I also remember being in class in August in Miami and thinking after Labor Day would have been alright.

UM has no choice but to have real school because there would be a mass exodus if they had another semester of zoom school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back