UF.ag going after Edgar Cerenord

-top defensive tackle target, Thomas Holley, committed to Penn State, leaving the Gators to reevaluate prospects on their defensive tackle board

-Says "I talked to Coach [Brad] Lawing a week or so ago," "He asked me if I was interested in Florida, and I told him 'yes'. He told me they want to try to take two inside defensive linemen and they would try to get back to me with Coach [Will] Muschamp about what they want to do with me and Florida."

-Says Gators currently have not offered and hadn't been in contact much with the three-star big man before his recent talk with the Gators' defensive line coach

-Says "I really haven't heard from them much before that time I talked with Coach Lawing. I went to one of their camps over the summer, but I haven't really haven't had a whole lot of contact with them until recently. I hope they offer me. I like Florida and would love to play football close to home and in state and all that."

-most recent offer is from UM

-Says "That was a nice offer to get and it kind of brought on other schools to re-watch my highlight tape and keep an eye on me. I hope that leads to some more offers definitely."

-Says he has no official visits planned and is hearing from Tulane, Purdue, Duke, Cincinnati, and Wake Forrest the most. With bigger fish possibly jumping in late he is taking things a slow as he can

-Says "My recruiting process has been a little tough with coaches changing around and things happening with the programs. I am just trying to make the best decision for me and kind of evaluating everything again and just seeing who wants to jump in late and if they are a school I need to look at."

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1590840

Advertisement
Admissions slow playing Hertelou might cause us to lose both...smh @ the "Harvard of the south."

Two things to love about this news. First, our staff does seem to have excellent evals (development is a separate issue), and second, Florida really seems to be in trouble recruiting wise.

Two things to love about this news. First, our staff does seem to have excellent evals (development is a separate issue), and second, Florida really seems to be in trouble recruiting wise.

you dont get orange juice from apples you still need horses with potential. players with a lot of potential have done well to this point

Advertisement
Admissions slow playing Hertelou might cause us to lose both...smh @ the "Harvard of the south."

Yup. Totally unacceptable that Miami wouldn't want to admit people who aren't capable of their academic standards.

Football is far more important than school anyways.

This is the end game. Plan B's are getting offers and Plan C's are being evaluated.

If nothing else, I feel like our staff is pretty organized in its recruiting. I definitely feel a lot more logic going on in our current recruiting than the previous regime. We seem to have a short and long term plan at every position.

Yup. Totally unacceptable that Miami wouldn't want to admit people who aren't capable of their academic standards.

One more reason to leave Miami. They can get in any other school but UM? Schools like LSU, west Virginia, Louisville and others have no problem letting kids get in that we do not. LSU started picking up kids that our administration would not let in. Some very good players. One kid who was upset he was not let in at UM went to become MVP in LSU's NC game. This is before LSU was worth a ****. Next thing they are grabbing some of our best players from south Florida.

Advertisement

Surprised you're spending your valuable time on a miami football message board,isn't there some academia related board you rather be at.

We will never be able to compete against SEC schools again if UM don't change the way they do business.

Advertisement
Pick you poison, player 1 a 2 or 3 star average player with a high IQ or player 2 a 4 or 5 star great football player that is of below average IQ. If they do not qualify here they end up going elsewhere and playing against us. Teams with a lot of player 1 type of guys go 7-5 at best on the season, player 2 guys may go 10-2 or better. Just how will a few below average IQ guys bring down the academic standards of a school like the (U). Do the math it won't.

Pick you poison, player 1 a 2 or 3 star average player with a high IQ or player 2 a 4 or 5 star great football player that is of below average IQ. If they do not qualify here they end up going elsewhere and playing against us. Teams with a lot of player 1 type of guys go 7-5 at best on the season, player 2 guys may go 10-2 or better. Just how will a few below average IQ guys bring down the academic standards of a school like the (U). Do the math it won't.

Thank u, some are just too moronic to understand

Advertisement

So there aren't any high quality players with brains? Is that what you're saying? And don't give me this **** that teams with academic standards can't win...look at Stanford. Pretty sure Stanford has done better than 7-5 the last couple years. Also, I realize that Stanford hasn't won an NC, but they still are a successful team.

Nice work on your math.

So there aren't any high quality players with brains? Is that what you're saying? And don't give me this **** that teams with academic standards can't win...look at Stanford. Pretty sure Stanford has done better than 7-5 the last couple years. Also, I realize that Stanford hasn't won an NC, but they still are a successful team.

Nice work on your math.

I didnt see any math involved in his comparison. ;)
I agree with you though.

Nice work on your math.

Where does Stanford pull their players from and where does Miami pull their players from? Has lot to do with it. The top talent in the USA comes from south Florida and guess what. South Florida is not known for their high school academics.

Not the kids fault when their high-schools suck and they come from a single parent home in some inner city. Put some of these kids in some rich upper middle class house hold growing up in California and guess what? They would do much better in school and maybe qualify at Stanford. These local south Florida kids have put UM on the map with five national football championships and it would not hurt to put them in at Coral Gables getting a new education and hopefully a new life. Kind of the point of college, right?

Stanford isn't hard to get into if you're an athlete. Trust me I live out here and got recruited by them. You make it past clearinghouse you can go anywhere..The JC guys are different tho. Especially out west. Those JCs are set up to help these kids move on to the next level as smoothly as possible. UM just will not accept these courses these guys take.. But Duke, Stanford, and ND will?? Okay!! That's why bonds and so many other guys ain't here. Basically anyone who didn't qualify out of hs will have a **** of a time getting into UM. That's an administration issue.

Advertisement
Back