UConn vs USF cancelled

Advertisement

I think his beef was how quickly the game was cancelled. At least UF and USF waited to see where the hurricane was actually going before they cancelled the game. We cancelled the game on Tuesday when the Cat 5 could have still gone it a ton of different directions.

UM has one of the best marine and atmospheric schools in the country. Miami is significantly further south than Tampa and Gainesville.

UM made the right call at the right time, allowing players and staff to prepare/evacuate yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

I think his beef was how quickly the game was cancelled. At least UF and USF waited to see where the hurricane was actually going before they cancelled the game. We cancelled the game on Tuesday when the Cat 5 could have still gone it a ton of different directions.

UM has one of the best marine and atmospheric schools in the country. Miami is significantly further south than Tampa and Gainesville.

UM made the right call at the right time, allowing players and staff to prepare/evacuate yesterday

thank you for being here. I couldn't have said it better any better. It's absolutely baffling how clueless some people are about seriousness of this situation.

This.

Advertisement
The Gov of Florida on Monday, Labor Day, already made the call. Entire state emergency. Planning ahead. UM followed the next day. Sure, we can all critique the quickness in the decision but what if UM makes the trip? The team, school personnel, parents making the trip is stuck in R-Can-Saw for days. No flights, communication would be limited, perhaps catastrophic damage, possible life loss and all for playing a **** game...

OKAY, let's go!!

FACT.

UM

The hurricane was hitting SFL regardless and we obviously have less time to react than schools 4 hrs north. All the hotels in orlando are already booked and I95 and the turnpike are already at a crawl. Franchise is an idiot.

Advertisement

yes, but hello, Miami is also an effective day ahead on getting hit, more people to evacuate, etc. so more time better. Look what's going on, gas issues, hotels booked, flights going crazy.

People are ******* stupid.

If you read the Herald article on the campus evacuation, you will see that there are less than 200 students left on campus. They took the warning and got out of town.

it has always bee forecasted to hit miami

the whole time everyone knew miami was going to get hit

the only changes recently are the slight shift west, so now us in orlando will be hit directly, which is shocking to me that UCF still playing a football game, even friday night seems crazy to have so many people in town

Advertisement

it has always bee forecasted to hit miami

the whole time everyone knew miami was going to get hit

the only changes recently are the slight shift west, so now us in orlando will be hit directly, which is shocking to me that UCF still playing a football game, even friday night seems crazy to have so many people in town

Pretty sure i just read that Gov Scott just closed all state facilities including universities. Doubt this game is still happening.

USF scared of uconn
FIU scared of alcorn
UF scared of N CO
FSU scared of LAM
Miami scared of Ark State
That everyone?

USF scared of uconn
FIU scared of alcorn
UF scared of N CO
FSU scared of LAM
Miami scared of Ark State
That everyone?

Only the mighty FAU Owls and FIU Panthers remain fearless. They are the true warriors of Florida and will rep us all on Saturday..... Go team?

Advertisement
Back