Uceda Suspended

CaneStuck@USF

Junior
Big man suspended for half the season! Man this is not our year. We could have used him big time on the glass.

Advertisement
I don't know enough about the school system in Spain, or Ivan's particular history, to know what the real story here is. The NCAA ruling is that he did not enroll in college within a year of graduating high school - not sure why that is a rule (maybe he loses a year of eligibility, but why should he have to sit out). What is ridiculous to me is that Ivan came to junior college (at some point) and did not only meet the NCAA transfer requirements, but was apparently an honor student! If a student's achievements are that strong, it's really dumb to penalize him for an issue of timing (not amateurism) that happened when he was a kid overseas.

I'm utterly confused as to why this is happening how, and not when he played JUCO ball. **** me. So he's suspended the fall semester I take it? At least he'll be back for ACC play.

I'm utterly confused as to why this is happening how, and not when he played JUCO ball. **** me. So he's suspended the fall semester I take it? At least he'll be back for ACC play.

NCAA and NJCAA are different entities, and NJCAA apparently does not have or enforce this rule. He'll miss half the season, 16 games, back for Notre Dame (misses three ACC games including Duke).

Advertisement
Is it just me or is this season slowly unraveling even before the first exhibition game? Is Canes sports going to catch a break this year. Good grief.

Here is how our schedule begins - actually not too difficult.

Thur, Nov 6
Eckerd College (exhibition)* Coral Gables, FL
Fri, Nov 14 Howard* Coral Gables, FL
Mon, Nov 17
@ Florida* Gainesville, FL
Mon, Nov 20 Drexel** Charleston, SC
Tue, Nov 21 Akron** Charleston, SC
Thur, Nov 23 TBD** Charleston, SC
Sat, Nov 25 @ Charlotte* Charlotte, NC
Fri, Nov 28 South Alabama* Coral Gables, FL
Tue, Dec 2 Illinois (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)* Coral Gables, FL
Sat, Dec 6 UW-Green Bay*