U vs FAU @630pm EST- Baseball Gameday Thread

Advertisement
That pinch runner swap was genius. We were commenting on it.
Take out Thompson Machine Gun on a 3-2 count for a quicker runner and may have been a hit n run to the right side by Carey. Elminated the double play ball and lead to the Victory.
This is the only option to take out Thompson's Bat out of the lineup because in the 11th he probably wouldn't get up to bat again.

Advertisement
270.jpg

Advertisement
talk about a spark of energy that probably won us that game. LOVE Thompson, possibly homo if we get to Omaha.

talk about a spark of energy that probably won us that game. LOVE Thompson, possibly homo if we get to Omaha.

I have already "no homo'ed" declared my love for David Thompson.

only thing I am worried about is once opposing pitchers see he isn't just a true freshman you can blow away with heat they will start to get him guessing..... and I saw last year DT would almost swing out of his shoes to often and either wiff or pop out on many off speed pitches.

but like I said if he gets any sort of fastball or can wait on the off speed those pitchers are gonna have some sore necks

Advertisement
How about david "it must be a Homer, Simpson cuz the pitcher just went doh" Thompson

Advertisement
only thing I am worried about is once opposing pitchers see he isn't just a true freshman you can blow away with heat they will start to get him guessing..... and I saw last year DT would almost swing out of his shoes to often and either wiff or pop out on many off speed pitches.

but like I said if he gets any sort of fastball or can wait on the off speed those pitchers are gonna have some sore necks

Already happening. UF has had advanced scouts at our games already.

Interdasting

Interdasting

I spoke with one of them at the UF-UCF game this week. He coached my nephew for a little while at Spruce Creek, so I felt comfortable going up and chatting with him. He said they are pretty much expecting a 2-1 split with us, with the winner of the series going either way. Also said that with Whitson out, Sundays now terrify them, especially when they play us and their SEC opponents. I'm not going to name names on this forum, but he said there are two guys in our lineup that shouldn't be starting for Stetson, much less Miami. He said their lineup could put up 15 or get shutout, and he puts that on inexperience. They feel like they need another two months to get ready for SEC play but that they don't have that luxury. They think the series at Vanderbilt early on could be a bloodbath. He likes our pitching, top to bottom.

Good analysis Washer.
I'm not expecting much at all this year. Just make the tourney and keep the streak alive. What is it now? Like 40 years I think?

Advertisement
Back