Tyrone Wheatley Jr.

Advertisement
****, I am old. I was just a middle/high schooler! lol. I used to just watch whatever game was on TV and being in the Northeast I got a lot of PSU and Big Ten in general. Though I really got lucky that BC was in also in the B.E. So even way back in the day I got quite a few UM games up here...

You know you're old when you remember watching a recruits dad play college ball. Lol!

Real good RB for michigan tho. Good genes for the young man

Advertisement
Ditto what others said about being old.

LOL @ the poster that said Wheatley was a solid back at Michigan.

You disagree?

As of the end of the 2007 season, he ranks third in Michigan football history in career points and second in career touchdowns (behind Anthony Thomas) with forty-seven rushing touchdowns, six receiving touchdowns and one kickoff return for a touchdown.[19][20] His 47 rushing touchdowns, which ranked third in Big Ten history at the end of his career, ranked fifth behind Ron Dayne (71), Anthony Thompson (68), Pete Johnson (56) and Thomas through the 2006 season.[21] His 17 touchdowns in 1992 ranks as the fifth most productive offensive season in Michigan history.[19] In 1992, he was the Big Ten rushing and scoring champion in an offense where Michigan quarterback Elvis Grbac was also a statistical Big Ten champion.[22] He earned Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year honors that season and capped the season off by earning the MVP of the 1993 Rose Bowl on a 235-yard, 15-carry performance against Washington Huskies,[23][24] which included touchdown runs of 88, 56 and 24 yards.[25]

Through the 2012 season, he ranks fifth on the Michigan career rushing yards list (behind Mike Hart, Denard Robinson, Anthony Thomas, and Jamie Morris) with 4,178 yards.[20] His 1992 sophomore season 7.3 yards per carry is a Michigan single-season record (minimum 75 attempts),[26] and his freshman yards per carry average ranks fourth at Michigan since 1949 (and it is a Michigan Freshman record).[20] He has both the best and second-best single-game (minimum 15 carries) yards per carry performances in Michigan history.[26] He was a three-time All Big Ten selection.

Advertisement

You disagree?

As of the end of the 2007 season, he ranks third in Michigan football history in career points and second in career touchdowns (behind Anthony Thomas) with forty-seven rushing touchdowns, six receiving touchdowns and one kickoff return for a touchdown.[19][20] His 47 rushing touchdowns, which ranked third in Big Ten history at the end of his career, ranked fifth behind Ron Dayne (71), Anthony Thompson (68), Pete Johnson (56) and Thomas through the 2006 season.[21] His 17 touchdowns in 1992 ranks as the fifth most productive offensive season in Michigan history.[19] In 1992, he was the Big Ten rushing and scoring champion in an offense where Michigan quarterback Elvis Grbac was also a statistical Big Ten champion.[22] He earned Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year honors that season and capped the season off by earning the MVP of the 1993 Rose Bowl on a 235-yard, 15-carry performance against Washington Huskies,[23][24] which included touchdown runs of 88, 56 and 24 yards.[25]

Through the 2012 season, he ranks fifth on the Michigan career rushing yards list (behind Mike Hart, Denard Robinson, Anthony Thomas, and Jamie Morris) with 4,178 yards.[20] His 1992 sophomore season 7.3 yards per carry is a Michigan single-season record (minimum 75 attempts),[26] and his freshman yards per carry average ranks fourth at Michigan since 1949 (and it is a Michigan Freshman record).[20] He has both the best and second-best single-game (minimum 15 carries) yards per carry performances in Michigan history.[26] He was a three-time All Big Ten selection.

Yes. From reading that bio, solid would be an understatement wouldn't you think?

He's originally from the Syracuse area, covered him for football and basketball. Michigan lock IMO but Tyrone wants to enjoy the process! Great kid

He is coming to see local talent that you **** sure can't get in up state NY. I am sure his daddy shared some stories from his trips to MIA.

You can't get this in the rust belt!
[video=youtube_share;st4Iu4maqJA]http://youtu.be/st4Iu4maqJA[/video]

Advertisement
Then after the campus tour Pops will spring for a little hotel room service!

[video=youtube_share;2up_Eq6r6Ko]http://youtu.be/2up_Eq6r6Ko[/video]

Advertisement

You disagree?

Yes. From reading that bio, solid would be an understatement wouldn't you think?

My bad, I thought you were disagreeing that he was good.

Sam Webb @SamWebb77
Follow
2015 Buffalo (N.Y.) TE/DE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. has narrowed his list (In no order) to Alabama, USC, UCLA, Michigan, and Miami.

Advertisement
Back