Tyrique told us…

frostycane

Junior
He was interviewed. His response to the difference between UM and UGA. They recruit bigger. Not slower, weaker etc etc bigger.

We saw bigger last night and couldn’t hang. We got bullied at the skill positions and the lines.

So it brings me to this….

Who are the dynamic players on this team, we have some with size, but they aren’t dynamic athletes, think Ivey, Hall, Mallory, Carter. We have some athletes, but they lack size think Rambo, Harley.

Who is both? Tyrique, James Williams, Key Smiff?

We have a chunk of borderline guys, Couch, Bolden, Kinchens…

I’m ignoring the lines on purpose.

Who else am I missing and just how far away are we? Is it just a S&C issue at the end of the day? Because we got man handled and out skilled yesterday…

Advertisement
He was interviewed. His response to the difference between UM and UGA. They recruit bigger. Not slower, weaker etc etc bigger.

We saw bigger last night and couldn’t hang. We got bullied at the skill positions and the lines.

Who are the dynamic players on this team, we have some with size, but they aren’t dynamic athletes, think Ivey, Hall, Mallory, Carter. We have some athletes, but they lack size think Rambo, Harley.

Who else am I missing and just how far away are we? Is it just a S&C issue at the end of the day? Because we got man handled and out skilled yesterday…
Mallory is dynamic. We just don’t involve him enough.

Zion is dynamic too. IIRC we had no sacks from left side of OL yesterday. Those two held up vs Bama DL. That’s pretty dynamic IMHO.

time will tell, but I was impressed by our young LBs once they began tackling with their arms.Jennings should be behind ragone on depth chart

Where was Jarrid Williams yesterday?
EDIT: why is Williams backing up Zion at LT while our right side gets their **** pushed in?

Last edited:

On offense, Chaney, K. Smith, and Mallory (not good at blocking tho)

On defense, Harrison-Hunte, Taylor, Roberts, Gil, and JW

Advertisement
Tyrique needs to do fewer interviews and try to cover someone. At this rate he will be our leading tackler this season

There is no S&C program on earth that makes a man grow 3 inches or increase the fast twitch muscle fibers needed to run a 4.4 or better.

I follow you, but Couch is not borderline. Dude is tiny. I’d also be hesitant to say that Mallory isn’t a dynamic athlete. We just don’t ever utilize him.

I understand the criticism of Mallory, but on the one play to him, he looked pretty slow. I think he’s gotten too big. I think he should be 240. But just my opinion on him.

Advertisement
He was whiffing on tackles the entire first half and getting burned the 2nd half.

I don’t really need his opinion until he becomes part of the solution.

Last edited:
After watching week 1 games bama front seven and O Line just look bigger than everyone else's. They seem to consistently find outside LBs with length 6'4 and up with athleticism when one leaves for the NFL another steps in with the same body type it's like he has a ***ing lab somewhere producing these guys. Georgia look fast and strong as **** defensively as well there not many players out there like that and they're all going to the same handful of schools

Listen...I like Tyrique.

He is likely our best defensive back and maybe our best defensive player right now.

But he was a jabrone for Georgia. A nickel, guy they would move to their version of the striker spot and was a rotation guy.

That is the difference.

Did you watch Georgia last night? Is Tyrique making that play Chris Smith made to ultimately win the game? Is he beating out Derion Kendrick for that starting spot? Yall should have paid attention in history class in HS because yall missed the teachers lesson on contextualization.

Advertisement
I tried to be clear. I didn’t try to get too much into the lines.
Our OL was not great as a unit. Maybe some guys ended up grading well, but as a unit it wasn’t great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back