Tyrique Stevenson interview

Advertisement
Beat me to it lol Starts talking about Miami around the 15:00 mark. He pretty much said what we've all suspected for many years but still a gut punch to hear it from someone that played here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s too bad we stopped recruiting DBs at Miami, nobody on this roster comes anywhere close to TS talent wise. We recruit well elsewhere but elite DB and a few other positions dont come here anymore for now hope that changes

When u can’t trust others you’re not playing your best. U peak in the backfield cause the front keeps giving up plays etc.
I don’t think it’s trusting others man. It’s just discipline. You see a play you can make and go for it leaving your assignment. Happens to all the great playmakers. ALL OF THEM! Other teams see your tendencies and set you up. Cat and mouse game. You put the cheese in front of the mouse, he gonna go get 100 percent of the time lol.

Advertisement
It’s too bad we stopped recruiting DBs at Miami, nobody on this roster comes anywhere close to TS talent wise. We recruit well elsewhere but elite DB and a few other positions dont come here anymore for now hope that changes
We get a gem every now and then, just have to get a roster full of them at db. Even with what most would say “sub par” db recruiting we still get a bevy of 4 star recruits at the position more often than not and even put alot of dbs in the league when you look at the numbers. Actually if you break it down db is probably the position Miami has done the best at in the draft in the last 10 years in terms of draft position and actually being productive in the league too other than maybe dline or tight end.
2016 deon bush 4th round
2016 Artie burns 1st round
2017 rayshawn jenkins 4th round
2017 corn elder 5th round
2017 Adrian colbert
2019 sheldrick redwine 4th round
2019 Michael Jackson 5th round
2019 Jaquan Johnson 6th round
2023 tyrique stevenson 2nd round
2023 dj ivey 7th round
2024 kam kinchens 3rd round
2024 James Williams 7th round
2024 Jaden Davis 7th round

And even had some undrafted guys make some starts in the league during the time like Tracy Howard, Ladarius Gunter, dee Delaney

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s trusting others man. It’s just discipline. You see a play you can make and go for it leaving your assignment. Happens to all the great playmakers. ALL OF THEM! Other teams see your tendencies and set you up. Cat and mouse game. You put the cheese in front of the mouse, he gonna go get 100 percent of the time lol.
That too but the other side of it is trust as well at times

Advertisement
He’s a great player in the NFL and he was decent here but I’ll never forget the images of he and Ivey getting smoked for deep balls 🏈 over and over and over that season. It was atrocious. And then both of them make it to the NFL and are doing really good at that level but they underperformed here 🤷🏻‍♂️

The key is building up tolerance, and immunity, bit by bit. This is why all teams should have a cheese room.

I don’t think we ever stopped
We just didn’t land any

Advertisement
I am a Kam fan, but in his case, I think some poor instincts and weaknesses (GT, UNC, UL) showed, too. Tyrique is a different level of player, IMO.
Nah tyreke had his share of **** ups here. Every player has blunders. It’s part of the game. That’s why I don’t blame a player for one bad play, even if it looks like that one bad play cost us the game. Because you run 180 plays on offense, defense, and special teams a game and they all add up to the final score.

We get a gem every now and then, just have to get a roster full of them at db. Even with what most would say “sub par” db recruiting we still get a bevy of 4 star recruits at the position more often than not and even put alot of dbs in the league when you look at the numbers. Actually if you break it down db is probably the position Miami has done the best at in the draft in the last 10 years in terms of draft position and actually being productive in the league too.
2016 deon bush 4th round
2016 Artie burns 1st round
2017 rayshawn jenkins 4th round
2017 corn elder 5th round
2017 Adrian colbert
2019 sheldrick redwine 4th round
2019 Michael Jackson 5th round
2019 Jaquan Johnson 6th round
2023 tyrique stevenson 2nd round
2023 dj ivey 7th round
2024 kam kinchens 3rd round
2024 James Williams 7th round
2024 Jaden Davis 7th round

And even had some undrafted guys make some starts in the league during the time like Tracy Howard, Ladarius Gunter, dee Delaney
Add DP2 for 2025 as well

Can anyone tell me what he said about the team’s attitude going into the Middle Tennessee State game? I couldn’t understand what he said. Thanks.

Advertisement
Back