Tyrique Stevenson has entered the Portal 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm just waiting for the inevitable merger of threads and the un-thread-banning.

So with the Oklahoma transfer, do we have one IC left? Or none? I can’t remember. For now of course

Advertisement
I'm just waiting for the inevitable merger of threads and the un-thread-banning.
No one’s thread banned and the other thread wasn’t locked for secrecy just to get this back on topic and leave the other relevant posts available if anyone wants to search for anything.

Advertisement
Johnson is 22, Rambo is 23, Stevenson is 24. We have 24 IC's available. Hopefully they allow a few more soon. Need another CB, DE, LB.
Definitely need a LB and id like an OG as well. I think CB and DE are ok given the additions of Johnson and Stevenson.

IMG_20210112_154625.jpg

Advertisement
Just trying to start a discussion here - so put your knives away, gents

Guys like Tyrique are obviously supremely talented and at a position of need. How do you think we should handle guys like this when it comes to the transfer portal moving forward? Is it merely talent will win out no matter what? Is there any damage in being cucked on NSD only to pick them up later? Does it devalue our 4-year recruiting or does it even matter? With the way the portal has changed roster building, I can't decide. Our best players have been transfers, but we also have to be able to recruit in Miami. Does this diminish our scholarship offer in any way?

@RVACane why did you rescue the guy that said thousands of football players were going to die, from my inevitable beatdown, with the lockdown?

Also the clown mocking people with Asperger’s, that wasn’t a very nice thing to say. I was so hurt by it.

Definitely need a LB and id like an OG as well. I think CB and DE are ok given the additions of Johnson and Stevenson.
Yes, LB is a must, the reason I said CB is idk the status on Blades going forward and I do not want to see Ivey start next year. Our top 3 DE's next year will be Johnson, Harvey, and Cam Williams. Would love to see Chantz Williams be that 4th guy.

Advertisement
Just trying to start a discussion here - so put your knives away, gents

Guys like Tyrique are obviously supremely talented and at a position of need. How do you think we should handle guys like this when it comes to the transfer portal moving forward? Is it merely talent will win out no matter what? Is there any damage in being cucked on NSD only to pick them up later? Does it devalue our 4-year recruiting or does it even matter? With the way the portal has changed roster building, I can't decide. Our best players have been transfers, but we also have to be able to recruit in Miami. Does this diminish our scholarship offer in any way?
I mean it hurts the pride when they spurn us on NSD, but if they are supremely talented, I don’t turn them away. Kids make bad decisions all the time. If it takes them leaving to realize they actually wanted to come play at Miami then I can’t knock them for that

@RVACane why did you rescue the guy that said thousands of football players were going to die, from my inevitable beatdown, with the lockdown?

Also the clown mocking people with Asperger’s, that wasn’t a very nice thing to say. I was so hurt by it.
I’m sorry that you feel that way. It was understandable that you thought the original guy was being a jerk and that others realized the other guy meant it as sarcasm.

As for the guy you were going back and forth with, he’s done a great job in that stocks thread. Not a reflection on you. I don’t agree with mocking handicapped or infirm people.

I don’t follow his Covid posts. He could be awful at one thing and great at another. It doesn’t pertain to everything else for me. I was pretty scared about Covid too.

So that would lead me to believe that if we took Rambo and Stevenson wants in as well, that counters will be increased for certain, right?

It's not "causality", but I think many programs are counting on this.

There are over 250 high school kids rated 3-star and higher who have not yet signed, sorry, verbal'ed.

There are over 800 kids who have entered the portal, and that number may hit 1,000 soon. Obviously, some have made decisions, but most have not.

If you have (roughly) 120 Division I-A football programs, then (purely for conversational purposes) each team would need to have 10 more counters ready to be able to absorb the available players.

As of December Signing Day, almost no school (except for F$U) had 10 ICs left to give. Therefore, it just seems painfully obvious that the NCAA will need to address additional ICs, that is, if the NCAA is actually committed to all these kids getting college educations (as they claim to be interested).

I’m sorry that you feel that way. It was understandable that you thought the original guy was being a jerk and that others realized the other guy meant it as sarcasm.

As for the guy you were going back and forth with, he’s done a great job in that stocks thread. Not a reflection on you.

I don’t follow his Covid posts. He could be awful at one thing and great at another. It doesn’t pertain to everything else for me. I was pretty scared about Covid too.

I don’t know what kind of a job he’s done because I don’t listen to other people, especially on free message boards, about how to maximize my gains.

I’ve seen people lose their shirts listening to sector and other analysts that are paid hundreds of thousands, or millions of dollars, per year, and do this for a living.

I’ve had friends who turned over their investment portfolio the people that do this for a living, fiduciaries pretty much all of them, and that had their portfolios underperform, and many times even underperformed basic market indexes.

I’m certainly not going to put much stock in a message board dilettante.

Eventually, these people are wrong, and then all **** breaks loose. I take personal responsibility for my investments and no one else’s.

Following blindly what someone else says is a recipe for disaster. There is no substitute for doing your own homework.

But none of the above had anything to do with the post you are responding to. I just thought I should get another shot in to his numerous responses, but I had shlt to do like make money so I stepped away, but it’s not a big deal - who cares right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back