Tyrique Stevenson Clips

Advertisement
The guy spurned us and now we're riding his d. I'm sure he has talent but how much are we going to keep slurping kids who choose us as there second option.
i tend to agree, but the only pass i give any db in regards to not coming to UM was rumph, he had no resume of producing nfl cbs ... i wouldn't have sent my son to the U either if rumph was the cb coach ... that being said, this is no longer an excuse/reason

When you have confidence in your ability it becomes more natural. But when you run a 4.6-4.7 and have gave up a few catches it becomes more difficult to do
This. CB Rule 1. if you get beat, catch up. Seems we were always running out asses off trying to catch up and not able to stay with receivers and allow the guys to turn their head.

The guy spurned us and now we're riding his d. I'm sure he has talent but how much are we going to keep slurping kids who choose us as there second option.
Word was manny taken the temple job had a lot to do with him picking UGA. It all good. UGA put some good weight on him, we benefit from all their hard work, time and effort

Advertisement
This. CB Rule 1. if you get beat, catch up. Seems we were always running out asses off trying to catch up and not able to stay with receivers and allow the guys to turn their head.
They boy acceleration has always been different

If a hot chick turned you down on your initial pass and then came back around to ride your d you would say nah I'm aight?

For me personally, all this is on a case by case basis. If you handle your recruitment like a pro and have some respect, I have no issue with a 17-18 year old kid saying I made a mistake and coming home. Others I agree tell to kick rocks

He was coached to do that, it's amazing isn't it?

Every single CB from day one in peewee football is coached to do that.

I'll tell you what, go outside and run as fast as you can while trying to run even harder and then try and crank your neck around as if a football is coming over your shoulder. Let me know how that goes.

There's a reason corners are taught to face guard as well. When you're playing catchup, you're not going to be able to get your head around easily. When you are stride for stride, you can get turned around, but trailing, good luck.

Advertisement
He being too fancy running stride for stride with receivers. Looking back for the ball. No, no no that must be coached out of him before he makes a play on the ball, I tell you😂😂.

If a hot chick turned you down on your initial pass and then came back around to ride your d you would say nah I'm aight?

For me personally, all this is on a case by case basis. If you handle your recruitment like a pro and have some respect, I have no issue with a 17-18 year old kid saying I made a mistake and coming home. Others I agree tell to kick rocks
just wear a rubber

Yep. This is what I don't understand...CIS herd think that our DBs are taught to never turn their heads around which is complete bull****. If you are in position when the ball is in the air you absolutely get your head around, and our guys did just that. The issue was that our guys were rarely in position because they were beaten and trying to play catch up. You can't turn your head around when you are running for your life to try and make up ground...which is why their heads weren't turned around the majority of the time.

Every single CB from day one in peewee football is coached to do that.

I'll tell you what, go outside and run as fast as you can while trying to run even harder and then try and crank your neck around as if a football is coming over your shoulder. Let me know how that goes.

There's a reason corners are taught to face guard as well. When you're playing catchup, you're not going to be able to get your head around easily. When you are stride for stride, you can get turned around, but trailing, good luck.

I just read this after I wrote my post above. Perfect description.

Advertisement
So don't take a big time player because he originally decided to go elsewhere? Isn't that like cutting off our noses to spite our faces?
As examples of players who choose UM after wanting to, or going to another school;
Brock Berlin
Kellen Winslow
Clinton Portis
Jaelen Phillips
Quincy Roche

so what is your better option than taking Stevenson in terms of putting talent on the field next season? You can't argue "recruit better" because that doesn't help us for next year. So what?

Advertisement
It's these new and desparate old UM fans that keep doing that bullshat, they hop on everything new, even if they haven't done **** yet, apparently rique's 4stsr rating was better than the other 4stsr recruits brought in under coach rumph. Did you see the headlines and comments the other day all of a sudden now "we finally got depth at db" or "this is the best secondary that coach diaz has had" all this now because 1 guy transferred in. Until t-rob ablnd DVD coach the#1 pass defense in the nation, whoever is suggesting that is a clown. They already got em at cb1 never mind he got targeted something like 47 times, 36 passes completed for close to 370yrds, which basically means he was giving up a 1st down on every completion against em.

On top of that, he quit because not because they were not playing em, but because he was playing into to many different spots, lol, what type of **** is that, he already knew UGA had solid db's going in, he didn't best none of them out, they find places, I repeat places for you on the field and he complaining, than redshirt do it can clear out.

Than they hype cause t-rob taking over, and in the words of joaquin gonzalez:

"So we hire a fired DB coach from the 101st ranked defense last year? I’m pumped! We should just hire AJ Machado the jeweler to be our new DC"!

— Joaquin Gonzalez (@Joaquin_UMOL73)

The one thing we know, t-rob and rique are from here, and just the mere fact that t-rob is coaching players that got the same mindset, and rique playing with guys with similar mindsets both of them should look better than where they came from, but got damyum, let them prove they belong here first

You know you got people in here still holding out hope for transfer tate!

Advertisement
Back