Tyreke Johnson

Tyreke ain't coming. I think if we recruited him harder then we could get him, but seems like the coaches are content with Blades and Campbell. Also, Tyreke is 100% a CB at the next level. Likely UGA or OSU bound.

Advertisement
Very similar situation to Quincy W, minus the Miami stuff, where a guy is better at Safety but wants to play CB.

Me personally I would give him a shot at CB, what can it hurt???

Mac messing this recruitment up for UF is as much of a demonstration of his inept recruiting ability as any other, with Quincy successfully playing CB when everybody thought he was a safety should be a lay-up for UF.

Very similar situation to Quincy W, minus the Miami stuff, where a guy is better at Safety but wants to play CB.

Mac messing this recruitment up for UF is as much of a demonstration of his inept recruiting ability as any other, with Quincy successfully playing CB when everybody thought he was a safety should be a lay-up for UF.

quincy was better at cb though and it worked out for him

Advertisement

That's what I'm saying. If you're McTooth, how hard would it be to pitch him like this: "Well, Tyreke, we had a guy named Quincy Wilson-I think you're familiar with him-that we thought highly of as a Safety, but we liked him enough to give him the shot at CB that he wanted and obviously that worked out great for everyone. I see no reason why you can't follow the same path and one day become the next NFL CB from DBU."

Should be a slam dunk for them if that's who he favored early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Jr film does look weak. Mallory schooled him last year and made Johnson look like a scrub.

Let's see that senior film from everybody and go from there. I think we need some high profile OL. Who is the last one we got, Seantrel Henderson?

Advertisement

That's what I'm saying. If you're McTooth, how hard would it be to pitch him like this: "Well, Tyreke, we had a guy named Quincy Wilson-I think you're familiar with him-that we thought highly of as a Safety, but we liked him enough to give him the shot at CB that he wanted and obviously that worked out great for everyone. I see no reason why you can't follow the same path and one day become the next NFL CB from DBU."

Neg for calling UF DBU

Neg for calling UF DBU

Lol cool. That's not what I think, I was just putting that in for what Horseteeth would probably be saying

If you can't figure out how to use an athlete of his caliber then what the **** are you doing as a college coach?

Apparently his junior year was bad on film. This kid defintiely is talented though

Is UF the only program that watched the bad junior tape because all the marquee programs still want him?

Honestly, the explanation could be legit. McElwain is the same guy who thought a QB who couldn't start on his own HS team was worth a take, so would it really surprise anyone if he thinks a stud isn't up to par? Knowing him he's probably chasing some 2-star DB with a club foot. **** he signed a kid as a DB, Putu, who had ZERO D-1 offers in HS and originally went to JUCO to play WR. He's now competing for a starting job. I'd laugh if I wasn't crying.

The Golden in your voice is quite encouraging.

Thank U

Advertisement
abb51ebc6ad3aa268d2183f614e855d8.gif

Advertisement
Back