Chigozie Nnoruka
Nesta Silvera
Jon Ford
Jordan Miller
Tyreic Martin
Jared Harrison-Hunte
Jalar Holley
Jason Blissett

One out of those 3 Frosh DT's will not be redshirted & will get situational rotation snaps guaranteed.

We have more than enough depth at DT, anybody panicking over DT is just looking for a reason to be trippin lol.

He’s gonna have to play and be in rotation. We have Martin, nesta, Miller (probably a year away) the grad transfer, Ford and bethel.

Last year we had a 3 man rotation. Ideally you want a 4 man rotation at tackle

I think there are bigger things to worry about such as, I don't know, next rollout of new unis, any future plastic surgery done
by the Khardasian sisters,etc.....that sort of stuff.

Pat Bethel
Chigozie Nnoruka
Nesta Silvera
Jon Ford
Jordan Miller
Tyreic Martin
Jared Harrison-Hunte
Jalar Holley
Jason Blissett

One out of those 3 Frosh DT's will not be redshirted & will get situational rotation snaps guaranteed.

We have more than enough depth at DT, anybody panicking over DT is just looking for a reason to be trippin lol.

Depth not my issue. My question is can we find 4 that can play top tier ACC level. What is your thoughts on OL and CB depth?

Depth not my issue. My question is can we find 4 that can play top tier ACC level. What is your thoughts on OL and CB depth?
What’s exactly top tier acc level? We have definied that level not in just in the ACC but in the country the last 3years. Clemson dline gone and have new starters, so do we. Both teams style of play however isn’t changing which means guys still are going to be very productive

Advertisement
I feel like the 3 incoming freshmen are going to show us something. One of them guys will give us more than what Nesta gave us as a freshman, could bet my left nut on it.

We don’t go out of state to pick up some flukes. One of those guys will be special the first year.

Edit: I am not nutless! [DBC voice]

What does top tier ACC level mean? All-ACC performers. Ford has taken a step, Nesta has taken a step, Bethel is reliable and Nnoruka they're expecting big things out of. Throw in some rotational reps from Miller and maybe Blissett spot duty. More than enough talent to get through this season.

Advertisement
I like the idea of looking at Martin on the offensive line if he's not panning out defensively. He gives you depth and a body for scout team.

Yes we can & will, we'll have a 5 to possible 6 man rotation at DT this season which is more than we've had in the last 4 years. Bethel, Silvera, Ford, Nnoruka, Miller & one of the Frosh will be more than serviceable to have a stout Defensive front in the acc.

OL is big question mark & will remain as such until they get on field come 8/24, I think we'll have a solid starting 5 but the 2 deep is very concerning. When Gaynor is healthy that will stabilize the line much more. I got it as this come Fall:

LT - DJ Scaife/ Zion Nelson
LG - Zalon'tae Hillery/ Cleveland Reed
C - Corey Gaynor/ Tommy Kennedy
RG - Navaughn Donaldson/
RT - John Campbell/ Kai-Leon Herbert

Plus, we could still add another Grad transfer OL after Spring.

At Corner I'm not as shook as everyone else is, I think we got a good 3 in Bandy, Blades & Ivey, then with Bethel further developing & Christian Williams coming in Fall I think we'll have a good enough group for the long run of the season. They'll definitely be young, but at the same time they're an upgrade in terms of talent from what we've had the last 2 years with Dean & Delaney.

And with the incorporation of the Striker in the 4-2-5 Defense we'll be relying mostly on the Nickel Safety against 3/4 wide sets against Offenses, we rarely use Dime packages anyway. We have 2 hybrid Safeties in Rome Finley & Frierson for Zone coverages.

He’s gonna have to play and be in rotation. We have Martin, nesta, Miller (probably a year away) the grad transfer, Ford and bethel.

OK but you named 6?

And yeah it would be nice if he took a step forward for some depth, but you are saying you want 4 man rotation and named him as the 6th man.

Advertisement

We use a 3-4 man rotation and you just named 4 guys who will play in front of Martin, but he has to play? Am I retarded or is this that dumb.

u forgot nnoruka will be here for fall to go with miller/nesta/ford/bethel and then throw in the 3 kids coming in fall and frankly i doubt martin ever plays at miami he has been passed by everyone

Advertisement
Remember when we had Vegas Franklin at DT?
Remember when we had denny fortney at dt during the 97 and 98 probation years. He was getting pushed back 5 yards against east carolina and he was a starter at 255 pounds. This is when you know you have no chance of winning anything. Our defense has some depth issues, but tyrique Martin is not the reason we are losing games. Our offensive play calling and lack of overall football IQ killed us last year., along with **** poor qb play. We may not be playoff team, but we at least have a chance to win a lot of games, if we improve in those areas.

Remember when we had denny fortney at dt during the 97 and 98 probation years. He was getting pushed back 5 yards against east carolina and he was a starter at 255 pounds. This is when you know you have no chance of winning anything. Our defense has some depth issues, but tyrique Martin is not the reason we are losing games. Our offensive play calling and lack of overall football IQ killed us last year., along with **** poor qb play. We may not be playoff team, but we at least have a chance to win a lot of games, if we improve in those areas.

Remember Michael Boireau?

Advertisement
Back