Tyreic Martin?

Canes91

Freshman
Anybody have any insight on how this kid is progressing? I know he was a bit of a project and go banged up last camp. Will he been in the DT rotation at all this year?

Advertisement
I have the same question about RS Freshman Trey Johnson at OT. Never hear one word about him.

Are both of these guys JAGs landed at the tail end of CMR's first recruiting class?

I have the same question about RS Freshman Trey Johnson at OT. Never hear one word about him.

Are both of these guys JAGs landed at the tail end of CMR's first recruiting class?

250.gif

JAG insinuates that they can't be coached up and contribute eventually. Both were taken out of necessity, Martin will probably get a good amount of snaps next year because of depth concerns at DT but i don't think anyone reasonable expects anything significant out of these guys in the first 2-3 years. There are plenty of kids in college who develop late in their careers.

To classify Martin as a Jag is purely insane...

Why don't we wait until he actually plays a game before he's cast off into the JAG junkyard.

Advertisement
To classify Martin as a Jag is purely insane...

Why don't we wait until he plays a game before he cast off into the JAG junkyard.

Because Rok likes to write off players that aren't Joe Jacksons their first years
Rok's a good dude, I'm a fan of his work...

I'm not talking about him, I mean people in general who might be thinking that this early on.

There's a pretty distinct difference between Martin, Johnson, James, Dykstra and the caliber of kids we've been pulling over the last month. I'll leave it at that.

HOWEVA, If there's anyone who can squeeze some juice out of a guy like Martin, it's Kul.

Advertisement
For a bunch of middle aged dudes, people on here sure lack attention spans. Too much internet has lead to people writing off players who don't produce the second they hit campus. Due to talent in front of them, or just needing time to develop, some kids don't produce right away and that's ok. Turns out that everybody can't be a starter at the same time.

For a bunch of middle aged dudes, people on here sure lack attention spans. Too much internet has lead to people writing off players who don't produce the second they hit campus. Due to talent in front of them, or just needing time to develop, some kids don't produce right away and that's ok. Turns out that everybody can't be a starter at the same time.

Let's also just ignore the guys in front of him are some of the best in the country.

Advertisement
Kuligowski was here when we took Martin. He doesn't have a history of too many fails. Most of the DL we get while he's here will be productive. I expect Martin to be as well....

Last edited:
We've heard quite a bit about Bethel this spring, nothing about Martin.

Is he even practicing? I know he was injured last year.

Advertisement
JAG gets thrown around here way too often. The moment a guy doesn't get snaps by the end of his redshirt freshman or sophomore year, he's a JAG. Years ago, some of the best Canes of all time had to wait their turn for 2+ years just to get snaps.

There will always be some JAGS....it's the nature of the evaluation process. Look no further than the draft. However, some guys take longer to develop physically or mentally, while others get stuck behind guys on the roster. If a guy is a senior and hasn't contributed, fine. If a guy is a junior and getting snaps but doesn't look like he belongs, fine. Otherwise, the word has no basis.

Technically, nobody can be "a" JAG (Just A Guy). You can only be JAG.

Advertisement
Back