Tyler Williams

This is a good start, but incomplete...

Never forget the great Kevin Williams played WR here. He was from Dallas and hasn't played football in two decades, so that's only good for a 5% bump (+15% for a former All-American and 2x superbowl champion with same last name at your position, but -10% because it's Dallas, TX compared to Lakeland via Winter Haven, FL and Kevin retired before this kid was born).

First name Tyler. That's our current QB's first name. And Tyler Williams played QB in Winter Haven before transferring to Lakeland. QBs and WRs connect, so that's good for +14% (7% for Tyler's jersey number, but doubled because of the former QB connection).

Unfortunately, former UM LB Tyler Johnson played defense and recently hit the portal (-3%), and we recently offered a very young Tyler Parker on defense (another -1%). So that leave us at a solid 20% chance. Not great, but not dead yet...

Hold on... A delivery driver rang my door bell as I was about to hit post. Hearing a doorbell is associated with someone coming to your home. Coming home to UM? +50% all day. But, a Roma prostitute in Spain once told me and @JeddTheFisch that a ringing doorbell was an omen of death. Is this recruitment dead? That's a clear -66.6%.

So that leaves us with a 3.4% chance. ******* delivery guy. My bad.
Ring ring smiley bill.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m tired of people saying Miami can’t get big time receivers when there’s 900 examples over the last 20 years of programs with either a run scheme or no QBs landing big time kids. LSU is one. Georgia? Alabama landed Julio Jones off 7-6. USC landed 5 star kids after losing 30 scholarships. Figure it out

I’m tired of people saying Miami can’t get big time receivers when there’s 900 examples over the last 20 years of programs with either a run scheme or no QBs landing big time kids. LSU is one. Georgia? Alabama landed Julio Jones off 7-6. USC landed 5 star kids after losing 30 scholarships. Figure it out
Lou got a strangle hold on LA kids (peep where Chase and Jefferson are from).

Bama is something this program will never be in recruiting.

Lane was the coach for that team and hes a guy that kids want to play for bc of his offenses. they were also just coming off their run.

but yea miami can't land the elite WRs. its Gotta change

Advertisement
This is a good start, but incomplete...

Never forget the great Kevin Williams played WR here. He was from Dallas and hasn't played football in two decades, so that's only good for a 5% bump (+15% for a former All-American and 2x superbowl champion with same last name at your position, but -10% because it's Dallas, TX compared to Lakeland via Winter Haven, FL and Kevin retired before this kid was born).

First name Tyler. That's our current QB's first name. And Tyler Williams played QB in Winter Haven before transferring to Lakeland. QBs and WRs connect, so that's good for +14% (7% for Tyler's jersey number, but doubled because of the former QB connection).

Unfortunately, former UM LB Tyler Johnson played defense and recently hit the portal (-3%), and we recently offered a very young Tyler Parker on defense (another -1%). So that leave us at a solid 20% chance. Not great, but not dead yet...

Hold on... A delivery driver rang my door bell as I was about to hit post. Hearing a doorbell is associated with someone coming to your home. Coming home to UM? +50% all day. But, a Roma prostitute in Spain once told me and @JeddTheFisch that a ringing doorbell was an omen of death. Is this recruitment dead? That's a clear -66.6%.

So that leaves us with a 3.4% chance. ******* delivery guy. My bad.
Very nice calculations....

If we could just change his last name to Smith...

Then there would be a 50% chance he could be a WR or a 50% chance of being a LB on the current roster. I'd take either.

Bingo. Great recruiters can get them in.

Advertisement
Coaches think they have a good shot. I just don’t trust Lakenland kids lol. I have a looooooong history to go off of. If Mario thinks we have a good shot we must.
Some things went sour between Lakeland and Napier/UiF recently. They pulled a scholly on one signed kid on the roster and then Bowman left.

Most are saying UGA is the favorite.

UGA is also really dominating on the field right now and is a likely natl title contender come January.

On the other hand, we just suffered an embarrassing loss where our WRs and our passing offense looked pathetic.

Williams is from Polk county. And his last name is Williams (which are apparently only allowed to play defense here).

Based on all of this, I'd say there's a 5% chance we land this kid.
At least we throw to our WRs. UGA is all Bowers and McIntosh.

Advertisement
Other schools don’t deal with the negative recruiting we deal with. It’s uphill battle for most. You’ve got the constant negative recruiting and handlers with their hands out. How many HS coaches in tri county actively help guide kids to UM? And then you’ve got all these fake insiders on twitter constantly spewing crap. For ***** sake they still yamming out the ATM game.

Every day there’s something about our attendance. Other schools are doing a phenomenal job holding us down.

I said it when Mario was hired. This will be the hardest he ever has to recruit when you factor In all the challenges.

We’ve finally made a commitment to the program✔️
We’ve hired a good coach and a great staff ✔️

The only thing left to do is WIN, but even then it won’t be significantly easier to recruit locally. We’ve got to branch out and really evaluate properly. If we do that correctly, everything else will fall in line.

Advertisement
Back