Tyler Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Coming here to play WR in this scheme will end your career. It’s absolute ****.

This is the sort of hyperbolic mopery that I wish people had the sense to review with a clear head (and heart) before they hit post.

Three games... which Miami WR's career has been ended by this offensive scheme? ****, which Miami WR were you confident before game 1 was a surefire draftable NFL WR?

I was also told earlier this season that none of our current WRs are draftable. If that's right (and it may well be... holding out hope for X and George), then we really can't say this offensive scheme will end any talented WR's career.

Are there elements of the offense that do not seem to fit what we have in our WR (and QB) room? I'd have to agree, that seems to be the case. Does that mean some stud 5-star WR would fair so poorly in the system that he'd go undrafted? Of course not. We don't know that... yet.

Advertisement
This is the sort of hyperbolic mopery that I wish people had the sense to review with a clear head (and heart) before they hit post.

Three games... which Miami WR's career has been ended by this offensive scheme? ****, which Miami WR were you confident before game 1 was a surefire draftable NFL WR?

I was also told earlier this season that none of our current WRs are draftable. If that's right (and it may well be... holding out hope for X and George), then we really can't say this offensive scheme will end any talented WR's career.

Are there elements of the offense that do not seem to fit what we have in our WR (and QB) room? I'd have to agree, that seems to be the case. Does that mean some stud 5-star WR would fair so poorly in the system that he'd go undrafted? Of course not. We don't know that... yet.
Whoever said that may have been slightly (6th rounder max) dramatic. However at this point I could see him being right.

Coming here to play WR in this scheme will end your career. It’s absolute ****.

Plenty of plays were open, but it was either dropped or the throw was off.

I really don’t understand where this line of thinking is coming from. Not even trying to be an ***, but do some of you guys even pay attention to what happens when a play isn’t successful? **** was open all night, watch the game again.

Advertisement
I've watched 2 of UGA's game now. While I wont sit here and say we are running the same offense I think the goal is the same. But its much easier with 4 star studded recruiting classes and 2 deep lines of grown men who you can just man handle the other team from the first whistle. Bowers is a star and while I wont say Arroyo and a Skinner who are just freshman are as good as him I feel they have the athleticism to def pose some issues.

Hence why Game 3...and really game 1 vs a competent opponent isnt going to send me into panic. Now if this keeps up for 4-5 more weeks with zero progress then Ill worry. But to much positive since January to not see where things head.
You are spot on. The core principle of the offense is the same. Lean on a solid line, don’t force the QB to do too much. Monken has been calling a great season so far though. He’s doing whatever possible to get his best players in space 1v1. Bowers isn’t running convoluted routes, it’s end arounds, passes in the flats, clearing one side of the field and sending him underneath. Then he starts utilizing the backs once the defense keys on him.

Obviously we don’t match UGA in terms of talent at TE or RB but it’s not ridiculous to think TVD couldn’t operate like Stetson Bennett has so far this season.

UGA, but not for stats. He’s going to Athens for a deal and jumping on the Bulldog Bandwagon.

Plenty of plays were open, but it was either dropped or the throw was off.

I really don’t understand where this line of thinking is coming from. Not even trying to be an ***, but do some of you guys even pay attention to what happens when a play isn’t successful? **** was open all night, watch the game again.
I can't. I tried watching it again on Sunday and got so ticked off that I deleted it and the first two games. I got nothing!

Advertisement
Back