Tyler Williams

Advertisement
Richardson was basically a one man show. If he is Vince Young from 2005 or Cam Newton from 2010, than the Gators are absolutely going to have a really good season. 10-11 wins type year. But that is the type of Superman effort he will have to produce every week for the Gators to win. They literally have no one else on that offense that puts fear into anyone.

So any recruit with "visit high" needs to keep that in mind. Because at any rate, AR is gone after this year so if im a recruit, you need to find out who is next in line that Napier has recruited to keep this going. Which was ultimately Mullen's downfall. Once he ran out of QBs and was stuck with Emory Jones, the jig was up.

Some of y’all are overthinking this. Napier just got there. Sure he wants to win the nc and have 10+ 1st round picks but he knows that isn’t going to happen. UF wants to show improvement. If they reach 8 wins plus a bowl victory that’s a successful season. Richardson is talented but he isn’t ready to leave this year. He had a really good game but that wasn’t a “oh he’s gone after the season” performance. It was a bright future performance. I’m sure recruits want to see a competitive season and potential for the future if they were to commit. Miami is in the same predicament. It’s going to come down to if the recruit likes the offense. Especially WRs. Also UF’s running game was strong. Johnson and Etienne were good. That running game is going to be tough. Saying all that, I wonder do recruits want to see a more elaborate passing game from UF too?

Some of y’all are overthinking this. Napier just got there. Sure he wants to win the nc and have 10+ 1st round picks but he knows that isn’t going to happen. UF wants to show improvement. If they reach 8 wins plus a bowl victory that’s a successful season. Richardson is talented but he isn’t ready to leave this year. He had a really good game but that wasn’t a “oh he’s gone after the season” performance. It was a bright future performance. I’m sure recruits want to see a competitive season and potential for the future if they were to commit. Miami is in the same predicament. It’s going to come down to if the recruit likes the offense. Especially WRs. Also UF’s running game was strong. Johnson and Etienne were good. That running game is going to be tough. Saying all that, I wonder do recruits want to see a more elaborate passing game from UF too?
Im just going off what every NFL draft analyst has said about him. Even during the broadcast. Every analyst has him going in the first round and that was prior to that performance. At least from ESPN. Now they are in bed with the SEC so maybe thats just bias analyst talk.

Richardson was pretty close to a consensus Top 5 NFL QB prospect BEFORE that game. Yes, I'm sure you can find some lists where he wasn't, but he was firmly on the Day 1 radar. And then he went out and did that. Unless something crazy happens, he is WAYYYY gone after this year.

Richardson was pretty close to a consensus Top 5 NFL QB prospect BEFORE that game. Yes, I'm sure you can find some lists where he wasn't, but he was firmly on the Day 1 radar. And then he went out and did that. Unless something crazy happens, he is WAYYYY gone after this year.

I guess we’ll see. Imo he’ll need to continue to improve as a passer. He doesn’t have that many games under his belt. Last year they said the same about Malik Willis. Last year they were hyping Malik Willis up the same way and he was further along as a passer than Richardson. Some argued he was the best qb prospect then he went 3rd round

Advertisement
I guess we’ll see. Imo he’ll need to continue to improve as a passer. He doesn’t have that many games under his belt. Last year they said the same about Malik Willis. Last year they were hyping Malik Willis up the same way and he was further along as a passer than Richardson. Some argued he was the best qb prospect then he went 3rd round

He still went. That's my point. I didn't offer any eval at all, just the point that he's leaving after this season, imo.

DAY 1 RADAR?!? lol. I mean come the **** on. hes not going day 1 (FIRST ROUND?!?). hes nowhere near close to that esp as a passer. hes not even Lamar Jackson good in terms of college. NFL teams wont scheme around their QBs weaknesses as much as they do in college. they played to Richardsons strengths (running) not his weakness (passing)

DAY 1 RADAR?!? lol. I mean come the **** on. hes not going day 1 (FIRST ROUND?!?). hes nowhere near close to that esp as a passer. hes not even Lamar Jackson good in terms of college. NFL teams wont scheme around their QBs weaknesses as much as they do in college. they played to Richardsons strengths (running) not his weakness (passing)
I dont know if you watched the game or not but the analysts were saying the entire time how ESPN had him as a first round lock before that game. So that mock ranking will only go up from there. Just sayin' what the pundits are saying. This isnt my opinion at all.

Advertisement
I dont know if you watched the game or not but the analysts were saying the entire time how ESPN had him as a first round lock before that game. So that mock ranking will only go up from there. Just sayin' what the pundits are saying. This isnt my opinion at all.
hes gonna be real sad when hes a day 2-3 pick at best right now. idc what ESPN mocks him at. Kaaya was a first round mock leading into the year. his weaknesses played out and destroyed his stock.

Not trying to argue with you, because, yes, most pre-season draft lists do have him firmly in the top 10. But, by "that" - you are referring to 7 yards/attempt, no touchdowns, maybe (not entirely sure because I was driving home from our game during the first half) 3 completions +10 yards downfield. 1/4 on 3rd and 8+.

Gata hate aside, how is that an NFL quarterback - let alone the 2d or 3d qb taken in the draft?

If I'm betting on it - I say he ends up closer to Taysom Hill than Cam Newton.

Not trying to argue with you, because, yes, most pre-season draft lists do have him firmly in the top 10. But, by "that" - you are referring to 7 yards/attempt, no touchdowns, maybe (not entirely sure because I was driving home from our game during the first half) 3 completions +10 yards downfield. 1/4 on 3rd and 8+.

Gata hate aside, how is that an NFL quarterback - let alone the 2d or 3d qb taken in the draft?

If I'm betting on it - I say he ends up closer to Taysom Hill than Cam Newton.

You very well may be right. Again, I haven't said a syllable about how good the kid is or isn't, how high he will or won't go. All I'm saying is that, right now, he's being projected by many, many Draftnik's as a first-round prospect. If that holds true through this season, he's turning pro. That's all I'm trying to say. This was a discussion mainly because a poster said he's not ready to leave this year. And he might not be, but if everyone tells him he's going in the first round, he's leaving anyway.

Advertisement
After what, 17/24 for 168 yards, 0 passing TDs, 0 INTs, 11 rushes for 106 yards, 3 rushing TDs?
I think Jake had similar stats (exaggeration) minus the rushing yardage and played a couple of series.
Stat source @TheOriginalCane

As the SEC homer announcers kept saying Mel "Best to Ever Do It" Kiper has him 10th on his big board. My guess is if he does go he will end up not going in the 1st round when actual NFL teams evaluate him.

That telecast reminded me of why I tend to watch SEC Network games on mute. I thought the one guy was going to have a coronary when UF took the lead in the 4th on what I believe he termed one of the best drives of all time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How could a WR not want to play with a QB that threw the ball 32 times for 200 yards?
It is a run heavy offense and I believe Napier is on record as saying they will run it like 65% of the time. Not sure how you sell that to WR or QB (which may be why Rashada took less money and choose UM along with getting to live in Miami instead of Gainesville) short of just dropping a large bag of money.

After what, 17/24 for 168 yards, 0 passing TDs, 0 INTs, 11 rushes for 106 yards, 3 rushing TDs?
I think Jake had similar stats (exaggeration) minus the rushing yardage and played a couple of series.
Stat source @TheOriginalCane

Aside from being the best player on the field, yes he sucked.

And for the 17,000th time, I didn't say I thought he was a first-round pick. But the people who know who the picks usually are better than you and I do, he's on the radar to be one. I think they'll let him play the next 11 games though. And maybe we should too.

Aside from being the best player on the field, yes he sucked.

And for the 17,000th time, I didn't say I thought he was a first-round pick. But the people who know who the picks usually are better than you and I do, he's on the radar to be one. I think they'll let him play the next 11 games though. And maybe we should too.
I know

Advertisement
Back