Tyler Wiegers

Advertisement
Take the chance on Rosier. Odds are if you bring in 5 QBs, maybe 2 end up working out. So might as well bring I'm the toolsy one with the big arm and wheels, especially if you already have Kaaya and Olsen.

Strange recruit. He's a top 250 kid on rivals from that link but no offers from the instate schools or any other Big Ten teams. His WR is even committed to Michigan so you know they looked at him.

kaaya just got his offers from big schools in state........ just saying

Kid stays in the pocket too long, to replace snickers we need a guy to cut and run... backwards and to the sidelines.

[bitterness directed at coaches]

Advertisement
Kiid seems like a good plan B if someone decommits, possibly Rosier. No way do I take him over Kaaya.

If Miami offers this kid, he will blow up. Staff can't coach D but spots talent just fine. Couple things I like about him, he takes snaps under center and the Pennsylvania offer implies he has some smarts. We have a lot of NC from big brain not so big arm QBs. And kid looks like he has good enough wheels to get out of trouble, but not so good as to make him think he is a RB. We so need to hit on a QB that I don't care if the staff takes 5 this cycle--as long as they get as many DTs as possible. Those are the two positions we have just been miserable at for over 10 years. They are the must haves.

Advertisement
I dont know. Ill admit Im not expert on what kind of competition this kid plays, but he seems to have a pretty decent arm. I also like how he stays in the pocket, looks like a tough kid who has some poise back there. I agree he's not much for mobility, but its not that common you find a HS QB who doesnt have happy feet and is looking to run when the heat is on. This kid steps into the pressure and unloads. Those nice on the run too. Looks like he has a strong arm, just needs to work some on mechanics. Definitely a Redshirt kid, but by year 3 could be competing.

Ill be honest, Ive never been particularly impressed with Rosier. I know Coley likes him because the kid is a dual threat, but am really not that impressed with is arm. Certainly have no problem taking him as long as we have Kaaya coming in, and seeing what happens after a year or two, but I also wouldnt be devastated if Rosier bailed and we ended up replacing him with this kid. I feel they are both redshirt guys that will need a few years to develop.

Is it me, or is that "Highlight" video of Rosier one of the worst highlight videos ever? Why would you show the kid fumbling snaps, getting sacked, missing receivers, etc on a highlight video?

Some people do this. A lot of coaches don't want to just see what U do well, they want to see everything U do. IIRC, the QB coach Kaaya worked with made his tape of his dropbacks, etc and included his over/under throws as well as his good ones.

Is it me, or is that "Highlight" video of Rosier one of the worst highlight videos ever? Why would you show the kid fumbling snaps, getting sacked, missing receivers, etc on a highlight video?

Some people do this. A lot of coaches don't want to just see what U do well, they want to see everything U do. IIRC, the QB coach Kaaya worked with made his tape of his dropbacks, etc and included his over/under throws as well as his good ones.

I can see some of that. And it makes sense that a coach would want to see how a kid handles adversity, a play breaking down, etc. But it seemed the first 2 minutes of that Rosier video were mostly missed passes, him scrambling, him getting sacked, him fumbling the snap, and a few passes that werent very impressive. He did throw some deep balls later in the video, but there again I wasnt blown away by arm strength. At best they looked like Wiegers.

I dont know. Just wasnt very impressed with that video. Honestly I havent seen a Rosier video yet that I have said "wow, this kid is good".

Kaaya is on another level compared to Wieger!

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;AwraoBJTczY]http://youtu.be/AwraoBJTczY[/video]

Advertisement
Agree on QBs and DTs, but throw in safeties.

Agree. And MLBs too. Strong up the middle. Just that right DTs make everyone else much better including safeties. Lot of balls up for grabs when QB has his center and guards dupmed on his feet by a pair of grizzly bears drooling for his blood. Oh, lot easier for DEs to remind us of Stubbs then too--ok that might be a reach, but you get what I mean. We have had some 1st round safeties the last 10 years without a NC. For THE U, it has always all started at DT. We will only go as far as our DTs take us. We destroyed the NE option and the OK whishbone by collapsing the center of line and feeding ball out to our speed with nowhere to go back inside. Dual threats and read options are very little different for those. Bears at DT, bulls at DE, wolves at lb and mountain lions at safety, with with cheetahs at the corners. Ah the good old days. Guess now we are a little more Dancing with the Stars than Nightmare on 3rd Street.

I can see some of that. And it makes sense that a coach would want to see how a kid handles adversity, a play breaking down, etc. But it seemed the first 2 minutes of that Rosier video were mostly missed passes, him scrambling, him getting sacked, him fumbling the snap, and a few passes that werent very impressive. He did throw some deep balls later in the video, but there again I wasnt blown away by arm strength. At best they looked like Wiegers.

I dont know. Just wasnt very impressed with that video. Honestly I havent seen a Rosier video yet that I have said "wow, this kid is good".

That was a video 247sports filmed when they went to his last game. They basically just put a lot of random plays from that game. Definitely not a video Rosier or his coaches put out. A link to his film was posted a few weeks back.

Advertisement
Back