Tyler Van Dyke - great article from local paper

Advertisement
Nice throws. His motion is typical of kids who also pitch. It’s a little lower release point.

He looks like Drew Henson. Former Michigan qb and third baseman for the Yankees.

Great looking QB.

Was thIs game in a HS stadium? I didn’t even see bleachers. Looked like fans just standing around a practice field.

That’s the difference between football in the north and football in the south. Lol bleached on one side is all there usually is.

Great looking QB.

Was thIs game in a HS stadium? I didn’t even see bleachers. Looked like fans just standing around a practice field.

It's New England prep school football. Local public schools may have bleachers around here, but prep schools may not. Small student bodies in small towns (that aren't necessarily connected to the schools themselves). No one goes to games. Those are the two best teams in New England though. A bunch of D1 players.

Advertisement
It's New England prep school football. Local public schools may have bleachers around here, but prep schools may not. Small student bodies in small towns (that aren't necessarily connected to the schools themselves). No one goes to games. Those are the two best teams in New England though. A bunch of D1 players.
Explains it. Thanks.

Quick release, but I saw no real pressure. Had alot of time and was relaxed. Hopefully, he is that calm under pressure

Advertisement
Folks, let me educate you a bit. The league Van Dyke plays in is made up of Preps schools, not public. This is NOT CT local high school public football. The league allows up to 8 post graduate players and numerous other players who repeated a grade at some point. Kids from around the country are on these rosters. This league is legit and is generally a year older than normal high schools. These schools help kids/players reach their highest college level regardless of reason, including better grades, and a second change due to injuries and need for better competition. The coaches and schools do not promote themselves and the local media pays no attention until the championship, which is why you never hear of them... Regardless, the colleges know of them and college rosters are loaded with kids from the NEPSAC.... Fun Fact.....The Dolphins first round pick this year, Wilkins, played at Van Dyke's high school, Suffield Academy...and Clemson's 2019 QB played at Avon Old Farms whom they beat today to win the title....

Folks, let me educate you a bit. The league Van Dyke plays in is made up of Preps schools, not public. This is NOT CT local high school public football. The league allows up to 8 post graduate players and numerous other players who repeated a grade at some point. Kids from around the country are on these rosters. This league is legit and is generally a year older than normal high schools. These schools help kids/players reach their highest college level regardless of reason, including better grades, and a second change due to injuries and need for better competition. The coaches and schools do not promote themselves and the local media pays no attention until the championship, which is why you never hear of them... Regardless, the colleges know of them and college rosters are loaded with kids from the NEPSAC.... Fun Fact.....The Dolphins first round pick this year, Wilkins, played at Van Dyke's high school, Suffield Academy...and Clemson's 2019 QB played at Avon Old Farms whom they beat today to win the title....
Yep, Is that the same league as Cheshire bridge academy or is that different? Miami has a db commit that went and played there a couple of years ago

I was on the Van Dyke train very early - loved his arm talent and ball placement in the tape i watched. Guys weren't running wide open, so even if the competition isn't great, the windows weren't there that many HS kids have to throw into.

I can't wait to see him at UM. Jarren is the now and the offense should be tailored to him. TVD is the future and the same needs to happen. Enos can't be so **** stubborn and make it happen his way. Good coaches adapt to the talent and skills of their players.

Yep, Is that the same league as Cheshire bridge academy or is that different? Miami has a db commit that went and played there a couple of years ago

Cheshire Academy is a prep school in CT, yeah. These aren't necessarily teams with a lot of depth, but there's a decent number of D1-level players and then a decent number of guys who are going to play at small, D3 colleges in New England. The NEPSAC schools always have more D1 basketball talent than football.

Advertisement
Quick cause for concern: Given the mention of...

.....The league allows up to 8 post graduate players and numerous other players who repeated a grade at some point....

I'd like to know if Van Dyke was 1 of those 8 post graduate players?

If so,...that'd make him eligible for next year's draft.

Edit: NVM,...I see the 2020 graduation is official

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back