Tyler Horn says facing Florida State this weekend "This is the biggest game of year"

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Center Tyler Horn says of facing Florida State this weekend that "This is the biggest game of the year. We had (Art) Kehoe telling us earlier the legacy and history of this game, how he feels about it. It was a very passionate speech and dissertation about the Miami-Florida State rivalry. We're really pumped."

While coaches have stressed they want this to be like any other week of practice, Horn says that's hard to do on a week like this.

"It felt different - it's going to be a very difficult game," he said. "We're looking forward to it."

Horn adds that "they say prepare every game the same, but this one we'll get in film a couple of hours (extra) every day."

What would it mean to win this game?

"This is the big one, the one we circle every year and they circle every year," Horn said. "It's going to be fun."

* Of the game at FSU two years ago that the Canes won, Horn said, "That was huge. They had the ball at the three with two seconds left - he dropped that pass, Colin McCarthy deflected it. That was as big a game as I've ever been part of. Hopefully we can bring that magic back to Tallahassee."

Horn says he doesn't think there's really a home field advantage in a game like this.

"Both teams love playing in hostile environments," he said. "I know we do. It's fun to go in other people's stadium and having other people yelling at you, old ladies. It's a lot of fun. When you go in that stadium there's nothing better than being on the plane ride home and knowing you went into their house, kicked over the trash can and walked out the front door."

Advertisement
don't know if i like my football players using words like "dissertation"...gimme some dumb athletic freaks out there

Treat every game the same but they're watching more film this week than in the past? SMMFH. They should watch as much film on the opposition as possible every dam week.

don't know if i like my football players using words like "dissertation"...gimme some dumb athletic freaks out there

The best football players have both the mental and physical attributes. Imagine how insane Devin Hester would be if he could figure out how to play a position. Instead he is basically a permanent return man who catches a few balls. Look at every top player in the NFL, I'd say most are fairly articulate.

Now if you have an either/or situation, I'd take physical attributes over brains every day of the week. But they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back