Miami Heat Tyler Herro

Advertisement
I wasn’t high on him when we picked him in the draft. I know this is summer league but I’m impressed with how smooth his game is. What are you guys thoughts on him and his potential?

Think they should have went with Sekou. More upside. They need to hit on a potential star not role players. Herro is going to be a good shooter though.

Advertisement
I think he's a better shooter than his 35% at Kentucky would suggest. Like I said in another thread he shot 42% from 3 in conference play so he got better as the season went on and he got more comfortable. He likely won't be a star but he can definitely be a similar player to JJ Redick. With a little more added strength he has more upside than Redick because he's a better ball handler.

Advertisement
He has a great release, he reminds me of a young Klay Thompson. As he grows he's going to be better than a role player, as of now he has role player talent as a rookie.

I wasn’t high on him when we picked him in the draft. I know this is summer league but I’m impressed with how smooth his game is. What are you guys thoughts on him and his potential?
His has this youtube highlight from a few years ago.. He went off for like 46... His handles will help him become a better version of JJ Reddick. He's going to have a good 10-12 year run in the pros. 6.4 ish with a wet jumper!

Advertisement

Im glad you brought this up, first things first, pat riley drafted em because tyler has that real competitive mentality, i dont want to get carried away, but he has a larry bird type mental game where he's going to go at any and everybody. Now skill set wise, he'll be giing up against more athletic guys consistently because of the position he plays but make no mistake about em, his mental game is strong. Defensively, let's not worry about that, no need, he's not going to be a kirk hinrich on defense, offensively is where he'll help out, plus him paired with jimmy butler, and he's a decent passer, he's a solid building block pick. Me personally i would've went with somebody else, but i understand why pat picked em he not backing down, you got enuff heart to go to kentucky and ball, he's already showing his value in this practice league!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back