Tyler Gauthier

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
I read he was suspended from lastnight’s game due to grades, but he graduated two weeks ago. Can anyone confirm this? If true, this is the epitome of richt’s stupidity.

Advertisement
Yeah that's what they said during the pre-game. I would hope this was mandatory or it's bull**** to suspend the kid from his last game ever.

Lol. If this is true, then I’ve heard it all with Richt. A friend of mine who coach HS football in Tampa said he truly believes Richt is senile. And he’s not being funny.

Yesterday on Canes radio, they said that Gauthier was allowed to walk under the condition that he had one more class that he was currently taking in order to officially graduate.

Suspended for academic reasons yet you just graduated? That’s like getting fired on your day off.

Advertisement
In a season that many things make no sense, this has to top the charts. Let the kid play his final game for crying out loud.

BTW, we should have known game over when Mahoney rolled the snap on the first series.

Advertisement
I don’t even believe it’s uo to the coaches if a kids is academically ineligible..that’s more of the school

You can walk for graduation without officially having completed all final grades. Two different things

He had an incomplete course and was allowed to walk, but does not officially have his diploma. This is what they reported on the radio. I don't think they had a choice in this one. It doesn't matter anyway he's the worst center we've had in decades. And yes inclusive of Xavier Shannon and Jon Rochford.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Second thread on this. Who really cares about whether some JAG olineman missed the **** pinstripes bowl.

Advertisement
Back