Tyler Boyd charged with DUI

Advertisement
Why don't college's have lawyers to counsel these guys on what to do if they are pulled over?

Why the **** would top college football player take a breathalyzer? Just refuse it and lose your license for a while. BFD.

That DUI stays with you for life.

Advertisement
Why don't college's have lawyers to counsel these guys on what to do if they are pulled over?

Why the **** would top college football player take a breathalyzer? Just refuse it and lose your license for a while. BFD.

Paying for these kids' lawyer sounds like an impermissible benefit to me..

Why can't it be free from the law school or something? A required class for all athletes. There is always a way.

One reason is already listed by others above.

Reason number two is like most people who've drank to whatever degree, tend to think they're just fine to drive. So he took it, thought he'd pass, and the rest is history.

Reason number three, if they suspect you're under the influence of something, refusing to take the test doesn't matter. They'll just slap your butt in the back of a police car, take you to the station, and draw blood. If you're just over at that point, you could make a case that you weren't at the time you were pulled over, but refusal isn't some get out of trouble magic word.

Last edited:

Reason number two is like most people who've drank to whatever degree, tend to think they're just fine to drive. So he took it, thought he'd pass, and the rest is history.

I'm not a lawyiar but mine told me to never blow or give urine/blood unless faced with a judges signature.

Advertisement
I added point number three after you posted I guess.

Bottom line, if you're drunk and pulled over, most states have closed any loopholes that previously existed.

I added point number three after you posted I guess.

Bottom line, if you're drunk and pulled over, most states have closed any loopholes that previously existed.

In my state it takes a judge's signature to take blood or urine.

That might be the problem.

Last edited:

I'm not a lawyiar but mine told me to never blow or give urine/blood unless faced with a judges signature.

Mine too lol

Advertisement
In Florida you do NOT have to blow but you will lose your license. My friend did it and no DUI. However, if you are in an accident and there is a death, you can be forced to give blood.

Reason number three, if they suspect you're under the influence of something, refusing to take the test doesn't matter. They'll just slap your butt in the back of a police car, take you to the station, and draw blood. If you're just over at that point, you could make a case that you weren't at the time you were pulled over, but refusal isn't some get out of trouble magic word.

I don't keep up with this sort of stuff any longer, but wasn't there a case out of Missouri that clamped down on blood test without a warrant? It is scary that they can do that even with a warrant. A destruction of yet another personal right once viewed as untouchable. We are so far down the road to a fascist/communist state that virtually nothing of what was or form of government is recognizable today. Before all the Democrats and Republicans get up in arms, this is something is a product of both parties for many years. Every bad problem has been an excuse to make the central government more powerful since the beginning.

I don't keep up with this sort of stuff any longer, but wasn't there a case out of Missouri that clamped down on blood test without a warrant? It is scary that they can do that even with a warrant. A destruction of yet another personal right once viewed as untouchable. We are so far down the road to a fascist/communist state that virtually nothing of what was or form of government is recognizable today. Before all the Democrats and Republicans get up in arms, this is something is a product of both parties for many years. Every bad problem has been an excuse to make the central government more powerful since the beginning.

They have to get electronic warrants for non consent tests.

Last edited:
Advertisement

That still requires consent from a judge right?

That still requires consent from a judge right?

Yes. The Supreme Court made alcohol testing without consent or a warrant illegal about 2 years ago.

I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting what I thought they could do. It sounds like I need to ask my lawyer friend what to do although I hope at 40 I'm past being in that position.

Why can't it be free from the law school or something? A required class for all athletes. There is always a way.

The majority of colleges and Universities in the US do not have law schools, and MAYBE half of D1 schools do. So maybe the answer is to just tell your kids not to drink and drive... crazy I know.

Advertisement
Back