Tyler Bird

Advertisement
Once recruits start to see us WINNING again we'll hold onto more of our targets. We'll never hold onto all of them, though. Here's hoping for a Bowden like ending where we pull some kids no one saw coming.
Would be inexcusable and unacceptable to lose him. But would be par for the course. This is the kind of thing that was supposed to stop when we hired "a top coach from the SEC".

yes bc tennessee and ole miss were doing a lot of winning before getting a lot of big time recruits. same could be said for alabama. the elite recruiting classes came before the success. why do you think that is?

Are you talking about the same Ole miss that just got in trouble for recruiting violations?

Once recruits start to see us WINNING again we'll hold onto more of our targets. We'll never hold onto all of them, though. Here's hoping for a Bowden like ending where we pull some kids no one saw coming.
Would be inexcusable and unacceptable to lose him. But would be par for the course. This is the kind of thing that was supposed to stop when we hired "a top coach from the SEC".

yes bc tennessee and ole miss were doing a lot of winning before getting a lot of big time recruits. same could be said for alabama. the elite recruiting classes came before the success. why do you think that is?

yes that one. which i don't expect anything to happen with that. especially with the football team.

Irregardless of whether they get in trouble or not. Your argument was that teams that don't win have had great recruiting classes. It's been proven and even made official that ole miss was cheating in order to get good recruiting classes.

You need to win in order to have consistently good classes

He must have snagged a gum job from one of those toothless chicks up there. Nothing like it. Zero tooth drag.

In all seriousness, this was the play from the moment he dropped the 8 out of 10 comment on the UM visit. Left himself room to create drama with a 10 out of 10 Tennessee visit.

Well played, Tyler! You've got Team Chihuahua shivering.

Advertisement
If he loved his visit so much why has he not de-committed? He has left their campus without committing to them and if he had those hicks would be all over this board.

He must have snagged a gum job from one of those toothless chicks up there. Nothing like it. Zero tooth drag.

In all seriousness, this was the play from the moment he dropped the 8 out of 10 comment on the UM visit. Left himself room to create drama with a 10 out of 10 Tennessee visit.

Well played, Tyler! You've got Team Chihuahua shivering.

Could've been done better in my opinion...Could have rated UM a 10/10 and rated Tennessee a 11/10 and pulled the "need to rethink my decision card"

Advertisement

Who is this mythical "top coach from the SEC" that doesn't have kids flip on them?... I'll wait..

Last edited:
This is from SECcountry.com

Tyler Byrd’s official visit to Tennessee didn’t provide many answers to his recruitment, at least publicly.

“You will have an answer soon about everything,” the 6-foot, 194-pound receiver from Naples (Fla.) High School told SEC Country on Sunday after his official visit to Tennessee.

Byrd said he enjoyed the visited but when asked if anything specifically stood out, said “Nope.”

That must leave the Vols and Miami wondering. Byrd committed to the Hurricanes in February but has since explored other options, which is understandable considering Miami underwent a coaching change. Byrd said he’ll have a final decision on his college choice in a “day or so”. Byrd is close friends with Tennessee running back commitment Carlin Fils-Aime. If the Vols have a chance to land Byrd, Fils-Aime will be key.

When asked last week by SEC Country about his relationship with Fils-Aime, Byrd said, “It will affect it, but at the end of the day I have to go where it’s best for me.”

Fils-Aime has been committed to Tennessee since July. Byrd is the No. 10 cornerback in the country and the No. 15 prospect in Florida.

Tyler Byrd’s official visit to Tennessee didn’t provide many answers to his recruitment, at least publicly.

“You will have an answer soon about everything,” the 6-foot, 194-pound receiver from Naples (Fla.) High School told SEC Country on Sunday after his official visit to Tennessee.

Byrd said he enjoyed the visited but when asked if anything specifically stood out, said “Nope.”

That must leave the Vols and Miami wondering. Byrd committed to the Hurricanes in February but has since explored other options, which is understandable considering Miami underwent a coaching change. Byrd said he’ll have a final decision on his college choice in a “day or so”. Byrd is close friends with Tennessee running back commitment Carlin Fils-Aime. If the Vols have a chance to land Byrd, Fils-Aime will be key.

When asked last week by SEC Country about his relationship with Fils-Aime, Byrd said, “It will affect it, but at the end of the day I have to go where it’s best for me.”

Fils-Aime has been committed to Tennessee since July. Byrd is the No. 10 cornerback in the country and the No. 15 prospect in Florida.

That doesn't sound like a kid flipping.

Advertisement

Kid isn't going anywhere. Tighten up your training bras, ladies.

If his girlfriend suddenly gets a scholarship to Tennessee for a sport she doesn't even play, then Team Chihuahua is justified in their tremors.

Advertisement

My ninja

Advertisement
Back