Tyler Baron - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Jesus I almost forgot about Alston…I’m excited about the pass rush, especially if we can grab Baron too
For sure but I don't think Baron is as much of a must-get as Barrow was. Bain/Mesidor/Alston is really strong and I'd expect Lightfoot and McConathy to factor in as well. Baron is really a luxury at this point.

Advertisement
dudeeeee... what's the hold up guy?????? I'm all for having a fresh relentless 4 man DE rotation..

If we learned anything last season..it was that you can never have too many DEs who give you quality depth. (not just someone to throw a body out there but is useless i.e. Chantz Williams..). We almost killed Bain last season toward the end of the year. Shocked he held up all season.

And I am 100% sure the staff told Messidor that he will definitely be playing DT at least some of the time so its not like he is not going to be moved around alot. ****..I wouldnt be shocked if we had Baron-Bain-Messidor-Alston as the starting front 4 in some packages. The staff has definitely shown Baron exactly where and how they will be using him so that he is satisfied with the amount of PT he will be getting. Or else we wouldnt even be in the running at all.

Advertisement
If we learned anything last season..it was that you can never have too many DEs who give you quality depth. (not just someone to throw a body out there but is useless i.e. Chantz Williams..). We almost killed Bain last season toward the end of the year. Shocked he held up all season.

And I am 100% sure the staff told Messidor that he will definitely be playing DT at least some of the time so its not like he is not going to be moved around alot. ****..I wouldnt be shocked if we had Baron-Bain-Messidor-Alston as the starting front 4 in some packages. The staff has definitely shown Baron exactly where and how they will be using him so that he is satisfied with the amount of PT he will be getting. Or else we wouldnt even be in the running at all.
I dont understand how we can call it a luxury after seeing how our dline was decimated just last year, unless they gonna let Mesidor rock nike kicks I wouldnt count on him every game.. We got short memories on this board..

And I am 100% sure the staff told Messidor that he will definitely be playing DT at least some of the time so it’s not like he is not going to be moved around alot. ****..I wouldnt be shocked if we had Baron-Bain-Messidor-Alston as the starting front 4 in some packages. The staff has definitely shown Baron exactly where and how they will be using him so that he is satisfied with the amount of PT he will be getting. Or else we wouldnt even be in the running at all.
Yup

I find it strange people take Mesidor (who I like) over Baron. NFL scouts go nuts over Barons frame I would draft that over Mesidor alone, if it was for DE only. Great thing about Mesidor is u can move him anywhere and he’s going to win those reps a lot of the times in college. Agree with you everyone has been told what they have been told. Anyway this ain’t about who’s better we need Baron and you take them all.

Advertisement
Well he's not starting over Bain or Mesidor so yeah he's a backup here.
He will play just as much if not more than Mesidor. Either way a top 4 of Bain, Mesidor, Baron, and Alston has a very high ceiling and allows the young pups more time to develop. Cole M, Lightfoot, Blount can get mostly situational reps + gives Booker & Rudolph the time to gain the 20-25 pounds each they need to hold up in the trenches.

He will play just as much if not more than Mesidor. Either way a top 4 of Bain, Mesidor, Baron, and Alston has a very high ceiling and allows the young pups more time to develop. Cole M, Lightfoot, Blount can get mostly situational reps + gives Booker & Rudolph the time to gain the 20-25 pounds each they need to hold up in the trenches.
you need four guys, it’s better for them to, they can go on hundred percent every play with a strong rotation

Advertisement
*If* we land Baron and he's healthy and ready to go from day 1.. I think you start him. Bain and Mesidor play the same position ideally and you can have one of them on the field at all times and one of Baron/Alston at all times on the other side. Sometimes all 4 of them at the same time.

We rotate enough that it won't matter. Snaps will balance out.

*If* we land Baron and he's healthy and ready to go from day 1.. I think you start him. Bain and Mesidor play the same position ideally and you can have one of them on the field at all times and one of Baron/Alston at all times on the other side. Sometimes all 4 of them at the same time.

We rotate enough that it won't matter. Snaps will balance out.
I'm ready for our 5-2 / 5-1 package.

DL: Alston - Bain - Barrow - Mesidor - Baron

Future: Lightfoot - Bloun/Mcconathyt - Jones - Justin Scott - Pickett/Bryant

Id honestly have that as our base defense lol. Would put a lot of pressure on our LBs and Safeties to hold up in coverage, but on the bright side they may not need to cover very long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back