Tyler Baron DE, J George WR, Xavier WR, and NIL walk into a bar…

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s the new game. You’ll need to basically re-recruit and fill in your roster every year. Which raises the point, can we sign Bain and stud recruits to multi-year NIL deals or are these all 1yr agreements?
In reality they are free agents every semester

What's the latest on this guy? Is he holding out hoping one of Ole Miss, USC, or Miami up their offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's the latest on this guy? Is he holding out hoping one of Ole Miss, USC, or Miami up their offer.
state tax in Cali is ridiculous. They would have to offer $$$$$ over any other bidders just to make up that difference. If it's just about highest NIL deal I doubt he ends up there

Advertisement
state tax in Cali is ridiculous. They would have to offer $$$$$ over any other bidders just to make up that difference. If it's just about highest NIL deal I doubt he ends up there

For certain. I believe it's Ole Miss and Us. Unfortunately for Baron neither Miami or Ole Miss seem to be giving him the number he's looking for which is the reason for the delay. Wondering if another team jumps into the mix. Were he has the advantage there's not much on the market at DE. Are we comfortable enough to go with McConathy, Lightfoot, or Bryant as the 4th DE? Not to mention Mesidor coming off an injury.

I feel like we need both but DE is a more pressing need.

We brought in 3 portal DTs already. We only have 3 DEs on the roster who have played a snap at the position in college.

Unfortunately there's not much on the market for DE's in the portal currently. Most likely why Baron is trying to hold out for more money. We have brought in 3 DT's, but I'm only confident in two of them with Clark and Barrow.

For certain. I believe it's Ole Miss and Us. Unfortunately for Baron neither Miami or Ole Miss seem to be giving him the number he's looking for which is the reason for the delay. Wondering if another team jumps into the mix. Were he has the advantage there's not much on the market at DE. Are we comfortable enough to go with McConathy, Lightfoot, or Bryant as the 4th DE? Not to mention Mesidor coming off an injury.

I would assume he can try to get a draft grade like Ward did. At least that will give bidders a market figure and he would have some leverage. If he is asking for top 5 money then he would need to show that league scouts concur with that assessment.

Unfortunately there's not much on the market for DE's in the portal currently. Most likely why Baron is trying to hold out for more money. We have brought in 3 DT's, but I'm only confident in two of them with Clark and Barrow.
Why aren’t you confident in Cook? This seems to be the consensus viewpoint on this board. I didn’t pay close attention to spring practice - did he not perform well?

Advertisement
Back