Tyler Baron DE, J George WR, Xavier WR, and NIL walk into a bar…

Advertisement
I think George is hit or miss. I haven't seen much out of bond. sam brown is a great addition. X is fine, but I dont believe hes a high end talent.
X went over 1k yards last season and George was 3rd in the conference in receiving last year. Oh and they both played with TVD and a true freshman QB. You're way off here sorry.

X went over 1k yards last season and George was 3rd in the conference in receiving last year. Oh and they both played with TVD and a true freshman QB. You're way off here sorry.
George is a hot head who is just as much of a risk to cost us a game. X is fine, but he sees a ton of targets and isnt a YAC guy by any means

Advertisement
Love my Canes to death, UM Grad in 94 so should not even talk about loyalty and I am pro player but this is just a joke at this time. My issue is with CFB/NCAA and the no restriction portal is nothing good for the sport and I fully support and expect some order is place on it. The one-time free transfer was ok until the damm courts intervene and the NCAA become scared to death.
I respectfully disagree. If any student is allowed to transfer without consequence, then why are we punishing student athletes? Are the schools guaranteeing their pay and future NFL earnings? Can these players be “cut”? Should players be required to stay at a school when it is disadvantageous to them? When that restriction on their movement could legitimately cost them millions of dollars?

My largest gripe is that you want to restrict, take away, or limit the players rights. I’m strongly against that. I also believe the “college football has gone to ****” argument is not a valid one. Let’s do what is best, not what we are used to doing already.

Here is a perfect example of why I wouldn’t want to restrict movement. Your son is a great player at QB, but he plays in Maine. Despite having a cannon for an arm and being an excellent student, he only gets athletic scholarship offers to non FBS schools. After a very successful 2 years on the gridiron, he is offered a scholarship to the University of Miami. He decides to chase him dreams and transfer to the U. After arriving, it soon becomes clear that your son does not have the skills to be a starting QB at a top ten school like Miami. He does however have the talent to play at Stanford. They also are interested in your son because of his academic prowess.

Are you going to tell your son not to transfer to the Cardinal because he is ruining college athletics??? Let the players play without restrictions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hear you on Brown considering how valued WRs are right now and the fact that he runs a 4.4 as a 6'2 200lb WR.

But I disagree on Martinez. RB isn't a premier position and I feel like he's a Braelon Allen type of back (big bruising back that didn't run the 40 for obvious reasons) who went in the 4th round this year. Martinez will for sure get drafted just think greater chance he's a day 3 guy than day 1 or day 2.
I would never draft a rb before the 3rd round , theyre dime a dozen . Martinez imo is big and fast but still the nfl level you see that every year with free agents

George is a hot head who is just as much of a risk to cost us a game. X is fine, but he sees a ton of targets and isnt a YAC guy by any means
That’s the problem with George. He’s fine. But you don’t trust him to NOT lose us a game either. That ***** **** he pulled in the Rutgers game bothers me.

Love my Canes to death, UM Grad in 94 so should not even talk about loyalty and I am pro player but this is just a joke at this time. My issue is with CFB/NCAA and the no restriction portal is nothing good for the sport and I fully support and expect some order is place on it. The one-time free transfer was ok until the damm courts intervene and the NCAA become scared to death.
Well being a Miami guy you should hope the ncaa goes away. They single handly fcked Miami why allowing the Alabama and several others to do what they want . **** them I hope they get *** raped by a rhino

Advertisement
Maybe he sees a lot of targets because he's open and reliable?

You're way off on X. Think about this. He was 81 yards away from being Miami's all time single season leader in receiving yards. And he did this with . . . lol . . . a combination of TVD, Emory, and Jacurri. You're a great poster but this take, man. Oof.

Maybe he sees a lot of targets because he's open and reliable?

You're way off on X. Think about this. He was 81 yards away from being Miami's all time single season leader in receiving yards. And he did this with . . . lol . . . a combination of TVD, Emory, and Jacurri. You're a great poster but this take, man. Oof.
Imagine knowing this and still not thinking he moves the needle.

Advertisement
I think George is hit or miss. I haven't seen much out of bond. sam brown is a great addition. X is fine, but I dont believe hes a high end talent.
I don't mean this disrespectfully, but I didn't ask for your personal scouting report on each WR.

I was honing in on the fact you called them "unproven".

We literally have the only WR core in the country that has THREE WRs that have proven to be able to catch 800 yards.

I respectfully disagree. If any student is allowed to transfer without consequence, then why are we punishing student athletes? Are the schools guaranteeing their pay and future NFL earnings? Can these players be “cut”? Should players be required to stay at a school when it is disadvantageous to them? When that restriction on their movement could legitimately cost them millions of dollars?

My largest gripe is that you want to restrict, take away, or limit the players rights. I’m strongly against that. I also believe the “college football has gone to ****” argument is not a valid one. Let’s do what is best, not what we are used to doing already.
First of all, Academia and Sports are different.

I'm willing to bet you, nobody has an issue with a kid transferring and being able to immediately resume classes at the new school. Back in the day when players had to sit out a year to transfer, that didn't mean they couldn't take classes for a year. Of course not. So to compare them to regular students in this regard is manipulative.

Second of all, when millions of dollars are being thrown around, absolutely restrictions should be involved. Can NFL players just up and walk out of a team at any time and go play for another one because the other situation is more advantageous for them? Absolutely not. They do that when their contract (restriction) is up.

The problem is the NCAA used manipulative tactics of the opposite nature that you just tried to use. The NCAA told everyone for decades that because they are students they can't make money. And noe you're saying that because they are students they should have thr rights of regular students.

You're both wrong. They should be able to make money, and they shouldnt be viewed as normal students when what we are talking about it football (for normal rights please see paragraph 1 above). Eventually logic and law will catch up and there will be restrictions on how they can move, whether that be considering them employees, contractual buyouts, or another method...something will stop them from being able to move whenever they can. It'll take a few years to get there though, so for the time being...I'm glad UM is taking advantage of the situation as opposed to not.

Advertisement
Back