Ty Thompson former 5* - Oregon ‘21 class portal

Advertisement
Two years to play so likely isn’t happy with the new QB in town. Not sure I would take him. Give me a known QB with experience and a 2nd with 3 years to play.

Advertisement
That's because he's not good.
Allblk GIF by WE tv

Advertisement
Dude’s had two head coaches bring in a total of 3 portal QBs to play over him. Brown, Nix, and now Gabriel.

Maybe that says something.
I think its says more about coaches. They don’t want to develop anybody any more. You gotta take off right away or you’re on the bench until someone gets hurt and you prove them wrong.

In the same time he played this year he completed 77% of his passes. I think he deserves a shot. Maybe it’s here after Cam.

I think its says more about coaches. They don’t want to develop anybody any more. You gotta take off right away or you’re on the bench until someone gets hurt and you prove them wrong.

In the same time he played this year he completed 77% of his passes. I think he deserves a shot. Maybe it’s here after Cam.
Oregon brought in Bo nix..who played at a heisman level 2 straight years..then Gabriel who played at a Heisman level this season …they brought in better players..if Caleb Williams wanted in MC first year TVD not playing over him because “we want to develop our own”

Both could be true. He could be a great QB just not elite like Nix and Gabriel. But we’re not the program to take that risk. We need someone proven at the college level.

Advertisement
He has all of the physical tools required. The question for me, as with any QB we show interest in is, "is he ready to lead this team?" We need to add leaders to this program. If our coaches judge that he is mentally ready to be the man, then the stats really don't mean much to me because I know he has the tools. I do think it's interesting he has 2 years remaining. That seems to be the sweet spot for TP QB success.

Secure Howard/Ward and if we can’t also snag Moore, bring in this kid to develop one more year and set him loose vs Emory and Judd in 2025.

He has all of the physical tools required. The question for me, as with any QB we show interest in is, "is he ready to lead this team?" We need to add leaders to this program. If our coaches judge that he is mentally ready to be the man, then the stats really don't mean much to me because I know he has the tools. I do think it's interesting he has 2 years remaining. That seems to be the sweet spot for TP QB success.
I don't know... I have a feeling this kid pops. He's been a program that has been developing players. He's got 2 years left. He does really well in the class room. Seems very mature.

Advertisement
Both could be true. He could be a great QB just not elite like Nix and Gabriel. But we’re not the program to take that risk. We need someone proven at the college level.
Idk. He's got all the tools. All of them. From my perspective he seems like a mature kid. Takes it seriously. He's been pretty good in a back up role. Hess got 2 years of eligibility, good grades. I say talk to him. Find out if he's laser focused on proving something to the world, if he's ready to lead. If so, I am good with it.

In every sport, the rule should always be to get better when you can. Good recruiters are gonna try to get better at QB when they have that opportunity. He's gotten the wrong end of that deal. Oh well.

Advertisement
Back