TX & LA offers, visits and commits tracker [2024 edition]

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
It seems like @Memnon has been whistling into the wind for years that we need to be offering a ton more kids from TX and LA. The state schools can't take everyone and some of these kids (especially TX) are looking to bounce. Can't win if you don't offer. In my ideal world, you'd have at least 4-6 kids in each cycle from these two states.

I've noticed a dramatic uptick in TX and LA offers since we've brought in two coordinators with LA backgrounds. I know we've got threads on the impact that individual coordinators have on recruiting, but this appears to be a combined impact. Sure seems like there's a greater emphasis in both of these states since they've come on board.

Going to use this thread to track offers, visits and commits from these states and see if my impressions are accurate and more importantly, to see if the theory that if you offer, they will come is correct. List is a WIP, if you can think of recent offers I missed, let me know.

2025 Offers (TX)

RecruitStarsPositionStateVisitsHSCollege
Dakorien Moore4*WRTXDuncanville, TXL$U
Kiotti Armstrong4*TETXJasper, TX

2025 Offers (LA)

2024 Offers (LA)

Kolaj "Tut" Cobbins4*LBLADestrehan , LAL$U
Jowhar Franklin3*DTLA1New Orleans
Corey AmosLBLAOpelousas, LA
Xavier “DEEBO” AtkinsLBTXHumble, TXL$U
D'Shaun FordLA
Trey’Dez Green4*TELAJackson, LAL$U
Michael Turner Jr4*WRLAJohn Curtis New Orleans, LA
Anthony Robinson IIIATHLA
Joel RogersATHLA
Wardell MackCBLA
Dylan Day3*SLASouthern Lab, LAMiami
Kavion Broussard3*OLLAZachary, LAMiami

2024 Offers (TX)

Drelon Miller4*WRTXSilsbee, TX
Parker LivingstoneWRTX
Micah Hudson5*WRTXLake Belton TX
Daniel Cruz3*OLTXNorth Richland Hills, TX
Ory WilliamsOLTXSan Marcos TX
Weston DavisOLTXBeaumont, TXA&M
Derek "DJ" Lagway4*QBTXWillis, TX
Mabrey Mettauer3*QBTXThe Woodlands, TX
Marcos Davila4*QBTXMidland, TXPurdue
Kelden RyanQBTXKeller TX
Taylor TatumRBTX
Kewan LacyRBTXLancaster, TX
Kedren YoungRBTXLufkin, TX
Alex January3*DTTXDuncanville, TX
Colin Simmons5*DETXDuncanville TX
Nigel Smith Jr4*DETXMelissa, TX
Dakyus BrinkleyDETXKaty TX
Parker MeeseLBTXFrisco, TX
Xavier “DEEBO” AtkinsLBTXHumble, TXL$U
Joshua LairSTXMissouri City, Tx
Damani MaxsonSTX
Jaydan Hardy4*STXLewisville, TX
Corian Gipson4*CBTXLancaster, TX
Xavier Filsaime4*CBTXMcKinney, TXUF
Kobe Black5*CBTXWaco, TX
Ka’Davion Dotson4*CBTXDuncanville, TX
Mario BufordCBTXDeSoto TX
Leonard MooreCBTXRound Rock TX

2025 Offers (LA)

RecruitStarsPositionVisitsHSCollege
John David "JD" LaFleurTESulphur, LA
Phillip Wright III3*WRDestrehan, LA

2025 Offers (TX)

Kelden Ryan3*QBFort Worth, TX
Taz Williams3*WR1Red Oak
Tanook "Nu Nu" HinesWRHouston TX
Deondrae Riden4*RB1DeSoto, TX
Michael Fasusi4*OLLewisville, TX
Dakorien Moore5*ATHDuncanville, TX
Parker Meese
Tory Blaylock4*RBHumble, TX
Kiotti Armstrong4*TEJasper, TX
Jack VanDorselaer3*TESouthlake Carroll

2026 Offers (TX)

John Turntine IIIOLFort Worth, TX
Quinn MurphyQBAustin, TX

Last edited:
Advertisement
It seems like @Memnon has been whistling into the wind for years that we need to be offering a ton more kids from TX and LA. The state schools can't take everyone and some of these kids (especially TX) are looking to bounce. Can't win if you don't offer. In my ideal world, you'd have at least 4-6 kids in each cycle from these two states.

I've noticed a dramatic uptick in TX and LA offers since we've brought in two coordinators with LA backgrounds. I know we've got threads on the impact that individual coordinators have on recruiting, but this appears to be a combined impact. Sure seems like there's a greater emphasis in both of these states since they've come on board.

Going to use this thread to track offers, visits and commits from these states and see if my impressions are accurate and more importantly, to see if the theory that if you offer, they will come is correct. List is a WIP, if you can think of recent offers I missed, let me know.

LA

TX

RBs Taylor Tatum & Kendren Young, WR Parker Livingstone have added offers since Dawson.
ATH Anthony Robinson, SAF Joel Rogers & CB Dylan Day outta LA have added offers since Guidry. SAF Damani Maxson from TX got one as well.

RBs Taylor Tatum & Kendren Young, WR Parker Livingstone have added offers since Dawson.
ATH Anthony Robinson, SAF Joel Rogers & CB Dylan Day outta LA have added offers since Guidry. SAF Damani Maxson from TX got one as well.
Thanks, OP updated.

Advertisement
Our coordinators were high school coaches for many years. They know all the high schools and coaches. More importantly, they have the respect of those high school coaches who know their kids will be in good hands.

I expect we'll get a number of kids from each state which will help push our recruiting rankings a few notches higher.

Weston Davis OL from Texas offered by Dawson today. Dawson previously offered him while at Houston (dould explain why he was tagged and not Mirabal). h/t to @One9 for reminding me on this one.

LA

TX

• Drelon Miller
  • Marcos Davila (committed to Purdue prior to visiting)
  • Alex January (DT)
  • Parker Livingstone (WR)
  • Taylor Tatum (RB)
  • Damani Maxson (S)
  • Weston Davis (OL)
Cobbins committed to LSU.

LA

TX

• Drelon Miller
  • Marcos Davila (committed to Purdue prior to visiting)
  • Alex January (DT)
  • Parker Livingstone (WR)
  • Taylor Tatum (RB)
  • Damani Maxson (S)
  • Weston Davis (OL)

Definitely more Texas kids that that...OL/DL/WR/RB especially

DB Dotson
CB Bridges
RB Young
S Gipson
OL Uini
RB Young
RB Lacey

Bunch more too

Advertisement
Definitely more Texas kids that that...OL/DL/WR/RB especially

DB Dotson
CB Bridges
RB Young
S Gipson
OL Uini
RB Young
RB Lacey

Bunch more too
We wanted to start tracking TX and LA after Dawson and Guidry came on board. As you point out, there were LA/TX offers prior to that.

Good stuff! Great idea! One thing tho. Yeen gotta put a line through their names, just because they committed elsewhere. You got which school they committed to, in parentheses. That's good enough. ****, Mario and Co. still recruiting them, mane. Our coaches ain't giving up that easy, neither should we, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
DMV getting a good amount of offers into the area as well which is refreshing
I'm wondering if I should create a DMV and Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach thread? @gogeta4 has been pounding the table about this area of the country for a while now (similar to @Memnon and LA/TX)

Thats the area i have been pining for us to recruit for maybe 10 years on here.

Advertisement
I'm wondering if I should create a DMV and Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach thread? @gogeta4 has been pounding the table about this area of the country for a while now (similar to @Memnon and LA/TX)

Thats the area i have been pining for us to recruit for maybe 10 years on here.

Off to a good start in the 2023-DMV with Tripp & Spencer

Advertisement
Back