Two sport 2018 athlete

Advertisement
If you have the choice between football and baseball, choose baseball.

Agreed. Football is more fun but if u can play baseball it is way better for your health and u can still make millions.

Eh yes and no. Choosing baseball is the bigger risk but also the bigger reward. You'll probably make less money playing football, but there is a better chance that you ever will. Conversely, you can make a lot more money (and guaranteed money at that) playing baseball but the odds are lot longer that you ever will.

It's kind of like a raffle. Would you rather have 10% of all the tickets sold for a $30M pot or 3% of all the tickets sold for a $90M pot?

Football is my first love and if someone offered me an up sized combo, I would put that helmet on again. But having said that, baseball is the sport that gets it right, even though the current commissioner is killing the game. All the money being equal, quality of life is a big factor. Everybody retires eventually.

Advertisement

Agreed. Football is more fun but if u can play baseball it is way better for your health and u can still make millions.

Eh yes and no. Choosing baseball is the bigger risk but also the bigger reward. You'll probably make less money playing football, but there is a better chance that you ever will. Conversely, you can make a lot more money (and guaranteed money at that) playing baseball but the odds are lot longer that you ever will.

It's kind of like a raffle. Would you rather have 10% of all the tickets sold for a $30M pot or 3% of all the tickets sold for a $90M pot?

If you can be a top 5-10 player at any sport throughout your career, baseball and football would be pretty far down the list on sports I'd play.

1. Golf
2. Soccer
3. Basketball
4. Nascar/F1
5. Baseball
6. Football - Really, only would be ranked higher if you're a QB.
7. Tennis
8. Hockey

If you can be a top 5-10 player at any sport throughout your career, baseball and football would be pretty far down the list on sports I'd play.

1. Golf
2. Soccer
3. Basketball
4. Nascar/F1
5. Baseball
7. Tennis
8. Hockey

If you're just going by which sports you'd like to play the most that's whatever, but if you're going strictly by the financial aspect, you're crazy to put baseball behind any salary capped league.

Baseball players get paid guaranteed money. You can't beat that. That's another thing the NBA guys get too.

For me though it would be golf or tennis. Those dudes travel the world and get paid based on their performance. They are never underpaid or obligated to fulfill a shifty contract. No need to hold out. Roger Federer has more dough than any player in the NBA minus LeBron. I'll take that life. Imagine if he was American too. He would probably be worth the same as Lebron or close. Yes, I know Lebron has a billion dollar contract with Nike.

1. Golf
2. Soccer
3. Basketball
4. Nascar/F1
5. Baseball
7. Tennis
8. Hockey

If you're just going by which sports you'd like to play the most that's whatever, but if you're going strictly by the financial aspect, you're crazy to put baseball behind any salary capped league.

You think I'd rather ******* play golf over any other sport? naw bruh.

Just a fact that you can play golf for ******* ever. And theres no serious injury risk like in football or nascar. Phil Mickelson is one of the most profitable athletes there is.
And Messi and Ronaldo make more money than any other athlete. Plus the entire world cares about soccer more than any other sport, and if there was one sport competition i'd want to be a top player in, its the world cup and/or olympics.
I really wouldn't do Nascar, but F1 would be ******* awesome. Obviously you risk dying if you lose control of your vehicle, but that would be ******* awesome to make millions doing.

Anyways, Baseball just isn't as cool as it used to be. its too boring for me. and once you hit $20M/yr playing a sport (not including endorsements), it becomes about what you can play the longest and has the strongest following.

Thinking about it F1 should be lower, but I think it'd just be cool to make a living driving ferarris around the world.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Baseball players get paid guaranteed money. You can't beat that. That's another thing the NBA guys get too.

For me though it would be golf or tennis. Those dudes travel the world and get paid based on their performance. They are never underpaid or obligated to fulfill a shifty contract. No need to hold out. Roger Federer has more dough than any player in the NBA minus LeBron. I'll take that life. Imagine if he was American too. He would probably be worth the same as Lebron or close. Yes, I know Lebron has a billion dollar contract with Nike.

If we're talking top caliber, its basketball. The endorsement money is far greater in basketball than any other sport. MJ didn't get his first big NBA contract til he was at the tail end of his career. He didn't need that loot b/c of all that endorsement money. Now he's a $1b athlete.

Advertisement
Back