Two priorities this spring.

If Flake had any sense of authority he'd give Richrt an ultimatum - hire an OC or you're fired.

But lol at Flake and authority.

Advertisement
He needs to hire Texas' OC after Charlie strong gets fired. That dude made Texas offense high powered.

Richt ain't getting rid of brown. He'll keep him like folden kept dono

But Brown is really not an OC - I'm sure he could keep him in another capacity.

The only reason Brown followed Richt here is because he was named OC,georgia wanted Brown to stay as RBs coach.If Richt demotes him here then he likely leaves as most SEC teams would love to have him on their staff as RBs coach/recruiter.

Have an OC hired and in place.
Wide open competition for starting QB, no matter who is there.

The first sentence is the more important of the two. In all honesty it's the best thing for everyone. Getting a competent, dedicated OC will make Richt a better coach and allow him to focus on high level decision making. The minutia of play calling is hurting this team in every facet...especially since he's not very good at play calling.
Problem is, he took the job so he can play call. Richt is a strange case at UGA, if dude wanted to call plays why didn't he just do it. But he's not gonna give up play calling duties and even worse he's grooming his son for the job.

Hate that ****.

The first sentence is the more important of the two. In all honesty it's the best thing for everyone. Getting a competent, dedicated OC will make Richt a better coach and allow him to focus on high level decision making. The minutia of play calling is hurting this team in every facet...especially since he's not very good at play calling.
Problem is, he took the job so he can play call. Richt is a strange case at UGA, if dude wanted to call plays why didn't he just do it. But he's not gonna give up play calling duties and even worse he's grooming his son for the job.

Hate that ****.

I hear you...and it's the reason I have major concerns right now. Forget this season, if Richt doesn't swallow his pride and hire an OC we may never come back to prominence since our inept incompetent administration will never force him to do a **** thing. He's unfireable, ever, to them....he represents the clean cut no nonsense guy that they'll tolerate.

Advertisement
What do you guys think about TJ Weist?

Smaller program guy who won't cost as much as some of the higher profile names at OC.

Hate that ****.

I hear you...and it's the reason I have major concerns right now. Forget this season, if Richt doesn't swallow his pride and hire an OC we may never come back to prominence since our inept incompetent administration will never force him to do a **** thing. He's unfireable, ever, to them....he represents the clean cut no nonsense guy that they'll tolerate.

After this year I think he realizes that the play calling was a lot harder to do along with being the CEO and ends of bringing in a big gun for a few years and at the same time mentors junior.

Hate that ****.

After this year I think he realizes that the play calling was a lot harder to do along with being the CEO and ends of bringing in a big gun for a few years and at the same time mentors junior.

I pray you're right

Hate that ****.

Yep. We are in a bad situation. Very bad if Richt doesn't get his head out his ***

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back