Two Miami players arrested last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
I just got pulled over by the nicest cops I've ever encountered, and they were still ********.

And I'm a white guy in my late twenties with a law degree.

Lots of mouth breathers with GEDs and badges running around with their palms itching at their hips. Not all, certainly you're right about that. But lots.

Only thing lower is a pompous lawyer
...I've never met a police officer with a GED....

the plural of anecdote is not data.
I went to medic school at palm beach state and did my ride alongs there, was a firefighter explorer in Coral Springs, Florida, and work for AMR in the palm beach/Martin county area. I know or had conversations with probably 90% of the cops in Martin county, PBSO, and Coral Springs( I went to high school with some of them ) and I've never met one with a GED. Maybe your "anecdote is not data"

The first sign of BS is when people start off trying to qualify what they are about to say by name dropping and organizations that they are associated with. It seems that the 90% of cops you are referring to in Martin County may actually be less because they don't list education as a requirement, just saying... ADMIN SERVICES--Employment | Martin County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only thing lower is a pompous lawyer

I went to medic school at palm beach state and did my ride alongs there, was a firefighter explorer in Coral Springs, Florida, and work for AMR in the palm beach/Martin county area. I know or had conversations with probably 90% of the cops in Martin county, PBSO, and Coral Springs( I went to high school with some of them ) and I've never met one with a GED. Maybe your "anecdote is not data"

The first sign of BS is when people start off trying to qualify what they are about to say. It seems that the 90% of cops you are referring to in Martin County may actually be less because they don't list education as a requirement, just saying... ADMIN SERVICES--Employment | Martin County Sheriff's Office
Read my next quote cubana

I went to medic school at palm beach state and did my ride alongs there, was a firefighter explorer in Coral Springs, Florida, and work for AMR in the palm beach/Martin county area?? I know probably 90% of the cops in Martin county, PBSO, and Coral Springs( I went to high school with some of them ) and I've never met one with a GED. Maybe your "anecdote is not data"

You're just giving me more anecdotes. I have no dog in this fight, you might be right for all I know. I'm not the one trying to prove something. The evidence you're supplying is just not enough, even if all the cops were telling you the truth about their educational backgrounds (I also have a hard time believing that you decided to ask a bunch of cops, one after another, if they had a GED or a regular high school diploma).

In college I used to work at a hotel where every ****tail waitress had a bachelor's degree. I'm going to use your logic and declare that every ****tail waitress everywhere is a college graduate. No need to fact check because I've personally never met a ****tail waitress without a degree.
because if you don't have a a diploma and a college degree it's literally impossible to become a police officer or a firefighter in the state of Florida...ask anyone how's ever applied...just having a GED and your certificates puts you at the bottom of the hiring totem poll. I don't need to ask them, I already know

So you are just assuming, you don't actually know if any of the cops you met had GEDs because you never asked any of them. lol.

Also this report from Michigan indicates that only around 19% percent of officers have more than a high school diploma. So either the standards in florida are way higher, or you're just pulling random thoughts out of your *** and calling them facts. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mcoles/Detroit_Police_Department_185900_7.pdf

I went to medic school at palm beach state and did my ride alongs there, was a firefighter explorer in Coral Springs, Florida, and work for AMR in the palm beach/Martin county area?? I know probably 90% of the cops in Martin county, PBSO, and Coral Springs( I went to high school with some of them ) and I've never met one with a GED. Maybe your "anecdote is not data"

You're just giving me more anecdotes. I have no dog in this fight, you might be right for all I know. I'm not the one trying to prove something. The evidence you're supplying is just not enough, even if all the cops were telling you the truth about their educational backgrounds (I also have a hard time believing that you decided to ask a bunch of cops, one after another, if they had a GED or a regular high school diploma).

In college I used to work at a hotel where every ****tail waitress had a bachelor's degree. I'm going to use your logic and declare that every ****tail waitress everywhere is a college graduate. No need to fact check because I've personally never met a ****tail waitress without a degree.
because if you don't have a a diploma and a college degree it's literally impossible to become a police officer or a firefighter in the state of Florida...ask anyone how's ever applied...just having a GED and your certificates puts you at the bottom of the hiring totem poll. I don't need to ask them, I already know

So you are just assuming, you don't actually know if any of the cops you met had GEDs because you never asked any of them. lol.

Also this report from Michigan indicates that only around 19% percent of officers have more than a high school diploma. So either the standards in florida are way higher, or you're just pulling random thoughts out of your *** and calling them facts. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mcoles/Detroit_Police_Department_185900_7.pdf
Lol I'm starting to think you have a comprehension problem so I'm done with you after this. Since you've never applied to become a Emergency responder in your life( you probably would quit in the academy for fire or police when they insult you because you have sensitive feelings anyways or because they make you do too many push ups ) jobs are so competitive down here in Florida that it'll be almost impossible to get hired if you don't have a diploma and a degree. I know that for a fact because I have a diploma and finished my degree in September and found out the average waiting list to even qualify for a interview is a year because they average 1,000 to 1,400 applicants for about 15-25 jobs and because I have a diploma and a degree I'm already higher on the list than other people that don't but lower than other people just like me because of when I applied and that's just for a county job imagine trying to apply for a small department like Margate or Coral Springs. Michigan is not Florida

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's so easy NOT to get arrested. SMH at today's youth.

The US having more of its citizens in jails proportionally than any other country on the planet would seem to contradict that assertion.

It does not contradict anything. People breaking various laws get arrested. People who choose to disobey and not comply with law enforcement get arrested.

It's easy NOT to get arrested, but most lack that common sense that isn't so common.

If an officer tells you to get on the sidewalk so you don't get hit by car, you should probably get on the sidewalk.

In the grand scheme, is this a petty arrest? Absolutely!

Could it have been avoided if our players listened to the officer?

Absolutely!

It is my understanding that the officers asked them 5 times!!!. Chances are they were either drunk or high. I hate to think they are just profoundly stupid. Regardless, they and they alone brought embarrassment upon themselves and the University of Miami

Oh for ***** sake. "Drunk or high." "Profoundly stupid." "Brought embarrassment upon the University of Miami." Pure, 100%, hand wringing hyperbolic bull****. Let me guess, not getting out of the street fast enough is a gateway crime. It starts there but then they are doing more brazen stuff, like littering. Then the thrill of that wears off and they start to chase another criminal high. Next thing you know they're skipping practice so they can go jaywalk. From there it's a dissent into a terrifying **** of not having your dog on a leash and illegal parking.

Had they just got a DUI and/or done a little coke, smoked some weed maybe they could have been president. But instead these two future Charles Mansons threw it all away to loiter on the street a little too long.

You people really cannot be serious.

I see you think the entire thing is miniscule and of no consequence insofar as crime rating is concerned. Well. I completely agree with you but I still think they were either drunk, high or profoundly stupid and they are poor representatives of the Univ. of Miami. It is not the degree of what they did, it is the complete stupidity of it all. I would llike to hear why they chose not to follow simple directions that were made for not only their safety but for the safety of others. I can only hope that stupidity does not carry over into their performance in football.

It's your typical (and encouraged) behavior in black youth not to listen to authority of any kind. They think its a sign of weakness and it doesn't jive with their victim dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back