Twitter talk

Menu
ESPN
SCORES

Warren Sapp, other ex-Miami stars rip Al Golden during game vs. Clemson
13m - COLLEGE FOOTBALL MIAMI (FL) HURRICANES
Emailcomment
Mark Schlabach, ESPN Senior Writer
Miami hadn't even reached halftime of Saturday's 58-0 shellacking by No. 6 Clemson before a couple of former Hurricanes All-Americans were calling for embattled coach Al Golden to be fired on Twitter.

After the Hurricanes fell behind 21-0 in the first quarter, Warren Sapp, an All-American defensive tackle at Miami in 1994, criticized Golden in a couple of tweets.

Sapp also questioned Golden's sideline attire, which generally consists of a shirt and tie.

Two-time All-American offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie chimed in that he had seen enough.

Former Miami offensive lineman Leon Searcy, who was part of three national championship teams in 1987, '89 and '91, also criticized the Hurricanes' poor play against Clemson.

Advertisement
Joaquin Gonzalez @Joaquin_UMOL73
I'm so embarrassed! [MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]AllAccess I would take his headset at halftime!! Do not wait until end of season, make a statement dammit!!!!!
1:37 PM - 24 Oct 2015
249 249 Retweets 205 205 favorites

Bryant Mckinnie ✔ @BryantMckinnie
Time to head in a new direction as a program, enough is enough & I sat back & have been patient & quite long enough.
2:41 PM - 24 Oct 2015

PAT SURTAIN ‏@psurtain23 3h3 hours ago

I'm at the UM game & this dude playing 2 high safties down 21-0. SMH. Defense is all about competition..make them compete!!! Blitz somebody

Advertisement
PiP514a.jpg

Clinton Portis ‏@TheRealC_Portis
Hopefully I can make it down in time to shake [MENTION=6532]golden[/MENTION]Al hand and tell him good luck [MENTION=7050]Univmiami[/MENTION] @ABCNetwork . .. Enjoy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
### Former UM great Joaquin Gonzalez ranted on Twitter all day, imploring James to fire Golden: "I'm so embarrassed! @CanesAllAccess (James). I would take his headset at halftime!! Do not wait until end of season, make a statement dammit!!!!!... I'm done holding my tongue! This guy needs to leave South Florida....I will buy his plane ticket!!! Economy!!!"

### Warren Sapp: “Thank you ABC. #Fire Him.”

### Bryant McKinnie: “Time to head in a new direction as a program, enough is enough & I sat back & have been patient & quiet long enough. Bunch of former players feel the same, so I’m not speaking just for myself… School needs to start with lifting that stupid ban, of not allowing former players on the sideline.”

### Denzel Perryman: “Embarrassing. This is the emptiest I’ve ever seen that parking lot.”

### Leon Searcy: “Al Golden can’t go on [the] bus. Tell that MF to get a Uber.”

### Seantrel Henderson: “Make football fun again for these kids. Smh. We went to Death Valley and dominated Clemson. Now this...come on man.”

### Bennie Blades: "WORST LOSS IN SCHOOL HISTORY" = #UNACCEPTABLE!!! I'm very disappointed for #TheU, our @CanesFootball program and the long suffering fans!"

### Allen Bailey tweeted a picture of Golden in a dumpster.

### Former Dolphins star: Patrick Surtain: ”I’m at the UM game & this dude playing 2 high safeties down 21-0. SMH. Defense is all about competition..make them compete!!! Blitz somebody.”

### ABC's Kirk Herbstreit, a big Golden advocate, acknowledged that Golden is “in trouble.”

### Carlos Curbelo, who represents District 26 in the U.S. House: “A new low for Canes football --- an absolute embarrassment for what was once a great program. Anybody at the University of Miami care to try to save it?”

Heat makes contract adjustment; Postscripts, internal and external reaction after UM's humiliating drubbing; Golden's explanation | Sports Buzz

How, in this day and age, are some of you NOT on Twitter?

I'm not on anything . Facebook, twitter etc

Adults, go figure.
my 89 yr old mother is on twitter. Has followers too! Anybody not on twitter during a game like this is missing almost ALL of the action. Sitting here refreshing your **** page like its 1999. Pft....

I don't sit on this site during the game either.

Lebron James chimes in
@KingJames: Someone please check on my brother @fwalker03! Seriously people. He's a Canes football fan. Ouch!

Advertisement
Back