Tweet about Jarren and Trevor Lawrence

Advertisement
Reading through the comments is terrible. How do people actually go on Twitter and have those conversations daily?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He will win the Heisman twice and will be the number one pick in the draft after his junior season.
Maybe. In the last generation or so, we had brady, manning, Elway, Marino, Young, Montana, Rodgers, Favre, Kelly, Aikman, prolly Warner, supposedly Luck, Palmer, Testaverde, Newton, Vick. There are lots of guys who are the new new thing. I think Lawrence is a terrific prospect, but no need to nut over him in advance.

Jarren is our QB and he may have performed better as some camps but TLaw is a once in a generation player.

Yeah..I'm not so sure about that. Trevor definitely does not have elite arm talent like say a Rodgers or Mahomes. After this yr the gap between Trevor & Jarren will become a lot less wide. This is a player that wants you to think he's chopped liver, because he plays with a monster size chip on his shoulder. He has the intangibles that you need in order to be great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah..I'm not so sure about that. Trevor definitely does not have elite arm talent like say a Rodgers or Mahomes. After this yr the gap between Trevor & Jarren will become a lot less wide. This is a player that wants you to think he's chopped liver, because he plays with a monster size chip on his shoulder. He has the intangibles that you need in order to be great.

Mahomes threw 60MPH at the combine. Trevor already throws 62.

You don't have to degrade Trevor to say Jarren is good but he isn't on the same level as Trevor as never was. Sure Jarren could end up leading Miami to a national championship but so could any other first-year QB.

I know it was a joke to say he’s gonna win the 2 heisman’s but I don’t think anybody will ever win 2 again. After you win one everybody expects huge numbers and when you do it it’s not big deal. Wasn’t it Manziel who had better numbers the year after he won his? I can’t remember for sure but I don’t think he even went to NY that next year did he?

To win a Heisman you generally need a few things:
1) Hype, you need to be on the radar
2) You need to be a QB (8 of last Heisman winners are QB and the game has changed since Archie Griffin won 2)
3) You need to win
4) You need to get to elite status early in your career

Trevor has all of those things.

Advertisement
Back