TVD's last 6 games

This is why I said we need to be patient with him if he struggled early on and not bench him for Garcia at the first sign of adversity. Granted, I never expected anything like the run he's been on, which has been absolutely incredible. Kudos to Lashlee for having that discussion with him and tailoring the offense to suit TVD.

Blueprint is there for the next guy.
We lucked out Garcia got hurt so the staff couldn't flip flop these 2 guys. No way TVD would have stayed in either the Virginia or NC game with those first halves.

Advertisement
Some of his struggles early on were on the coaching staff trying to baby step him into ACC play. Once the training wheels came off, he's been lights out. And yes, I believe 100% that Manny wanted vanilla when he started ACC play. He was scared, as always. Maybe not as scared as he was with 12:30 left against mighty CMU, but pretty **** scared.

Some of his struggles early on were on the coaching staff trying to baby step him into ACC play. Once the training wheels came off, he's been lights out. And yes, I believe 100% that Manny wanted vanilla when he started ACC play. He was scared, as always. Maybe not as scared as he was with 12:30 left against mighty CMU, but pretty **** scared.

Firing the ball at 600mph to a receiver 4 yards away is not being babied by the coaching staff. Y'all are so quick to blame every single thing on coaching. Players have to play at some point, too. He was nervous early on, period. It happens. He was very robotic, which was leading to inaccuracies, and he was playing too fast. The same thing happened at FSU. There was a play early on where he had Rooster in the flat and he threw him a Randy Johnson fastball over his head from 10 yards away. Once he settles in, he's very, very good. But FFS, not every single negative play is the coaches' fault.

The coaching sucks, we know that. But giving the player all the praise for positivity and the coaches all the ire for anything negative is flatly insane.

Advertisement
Back