X's and O's TVD turnovers in context

Advertisement
Of course it is. Look at the first drive after halftime. 6 runs, 1 pass. We ran the ball on 3rd and 8 to set up a field goal, which we promptly missed, because #ofcourse.

They don't trust him to not give the ball to the other team. Nor should they. That's the reason you have to play Emory this weekend, and I can't believe I'm even saying that out loud. But TVD has given you no other choice. If he was balling out of control but being reckless and turning it over while being hyper effective, then maybe you live with it. But you're not beating FSU turning the ball over 3 times, period. And it's not like TVD is even doing anything well right now where you'll take the good with the bad. There is no good.

He was too hurt to play against Clemson, and then since he's come back, he's 41/68 for 336 yards with 0 TDs and 5 picks. He also lost a fumble. If you're scoring at home, that's a passer rating of 87.09. There are currently 100 qualified passers in the country....the guy in dead last, 100th out of 100, has a passer rating of 116.28. He's hurt physically, he's hurt mentally, and we have no chance to win with multiple turnovers on Saturday, no matter whether or not he suddenly starts making plays down the field or not. The only path to winning is to protect the ball, win the field position battle, try to hang onto the ball long enough to keep your defensive front fresh, and keep it close into the 4th quarter. Basically the Clemson gameplan, but hopefully more efficient running the ball, as Clemson is much more formidable up front than FSU is. That's the only way you can win this game. Turn it over 3 times, put your defense on the field in quick change situations while they're gassed on short fields, and FSU will score 40.
The 2 minute drill vs A&M was a thing of absolute beauty. NCst was reminiscent of the 4 inside zones Gattis ran during 2 minute drill.

He was healthy and confident against A&M and Dawson trusted him.

All of the literal exact opposite is the case now.
Idk about healthy. Rumors he wouldn't start were rampant. He definitely wasn't the shell that trotted out there the last 3 games. Maybe his gf dumped him.

Another thing that is killing us is we have turned the ball over a crazy percentage of the time either going in for a score or inside the 25 of the other team. Happened at least 3X last weekend.
Facts

Advertisement
Btw just so im clear. The coaches are not covering themselves in Glory. TVD is struggling and we hit a decent play, they dont even look to mix in tempo to give the defense something else to think about and less time to think. They are simply compounding his mistakes. Im not saying go Lashlee speed every drive but i heard all offseason we can go fast or slow. All i seen is slow. Lisa Turtle

Idk about healthy. Rumors he wouldn't start were rampant. He definitely wasn't the shell that trotted out there the last 3 games. Maybe his gf dumped him.

True...he has had the finger issue since camp, but I don't think that impacted much. He was healthier than he is now. Plus now his brain is broken.

@JamesQuall
Sony GIF by Bad Boys For Life
I don't want to police these jokes unless we prove we are worth policing.

Until we either complete our chrysalis into Iowa or rise like a phoenix from the ashes of our offense, may chaos reign.

Fire This Is Fine GIF

Advertisement
What if Tyler Van Dimes shows up and rises from the ashes?
Considering how his last first half in Tallahassee went, ain’t no way. If NFL teams were to interview Tyler I feel as if he would answer like josh Rosen when asked how much he loves the game. Its like he just don’t love or even like the game.

All the signs have been there. Never been a film junkie, he cannot shake off bad throws. His build and arm are there, but nothing else, especially any important intangibles.

Advertisement
Considering how his last first half in Tallahassee went, ain’t no way. If NFL teams were to interview Tyler I feel as if he would answer like josh Rosen when asked how much he loves the game. Its like he just don’t love or even like the game.

All the signs have been there. Never been a film junkie, he cannot shake off bad throws. His build and arm are there, but nothing else, especially any important intangibles.
Yeah the inability to shake off a bad play or turnover is wild. It seems to just snowball like crazy. Has to be extremely weak mentally. All that said I'm still not thrilled at all with the idea of a freshman or a guy who isn't accurate and hasn't taken a snap all year starting this game on the road. But honestly all 3 options aren't ideal. Feels like a guaranteed L regardless, even if the defense shows up

Advertisement
he keeps having turnovers in the worst part of the field too, either when we are
Driving to score or when we are in the half of the field.

Advertisement
Back