TVD Staying at UM Mega-Thread (F off Nick and the local Miami media dreck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaceable with who? How about some specific let’s hear some names. Who is likely available, would be interested in transferring here after spring, and is as good/better than TVD? I’ll wait…
Grayson McCall from Coastal Carolina entered the portal and took his name out in January. Michael Pratt was rumored to potentially be entering the transfer portal until his sister transferred there for basketball from Columbia...

Then I'm sure there will be a wave of guys that got beat out, some of whom may be talented. Like whoever loses the UGA job or Bama if TVD transfered...

Advertisement
I keep seeing people talk about the timing of it.

They'd catch him up to speed of he did go. It isn't like he has had a ton of time with Dawson either.

The key to me if I was TVD is the weapons you've got at your disposal. There's no comparison there.

Replaceable with who? How about some specific let’s hear some names. Who is likely available, would be interested in transferring here after spring, and is as good/better than TVD? I’ll wait…
You missed the part where I said "if" we find a good replacement and we don't have a full list of portal names right now. The Coastal QB would be an upgrade.

This should have never been put out, but anyway:

1) I think it will get worked out. Miami wants him back.
2) If it doesn’t, there is a plan in place that would ease everyone’s pain if completed.
#2 please

1681964767460.gif

Advertisement
Yea cause the money has worked lol
The money worked with TVD earlier this offseason and now he's asking for more. So throw his money at someone else if you need to or convince the kid to stay. Those are the options. Overpay to keep your guy or overpay to take their guy. Thats how FA works

I keep seeing people talk about the timing of it.

They'd catch him up to speed of he did go. It isn't like he has had a ton of time with Dawson either.

The key to me if I was TVD is the weapons you've got at your disposal. There's no comparison there.
This offense can be learned in a week. The more important aspect would be the transfer working with the WRs as much as possible on timing and all that...

Best comment I seen all day, how it's not good business decision to try to learn a new offense in your money year like that just arriving for fall semester if he were to transfer. He could have been left in December plus our biggest hope for recruiting 2024 & 2025 QBs & WRs were to have TVD and our receivers light it up this fall to give reason for future recruits to come.here so if he leaves we can't do that.
I agree it would be a big setback. Brown needs another year. I don't want Brown forced play this year.

After watching the Spring game, I was very impressed with Emory Williams. I think the kid has the goods. He was poised directing players where to line up. Looks more ready to play than Brown, but Brown has a high upside.

I hope Williams sticks for 5 years because I think he could absolutely kill it in his 4th and 5th years being the starter. Ironically, his favorite QB is Mac Jones who was a 3-star who sat for years waiting for his turn at Alabama. Now a young NFL star for the New England Patriots.

Advertisement
You missed the part where I said "if" we find a good replacement and we don't have a full list of portal names right now. The Coastal QB would be an upgrade.
McCall the Coastal Carolina qb is all Auburn apparently. The other thing you and others are ignoring is that we aren’t a desirable destination currently for qbs/skill position players. We’ve made no progress bringing in WRs in the portal, but a qb that’s as good/better than DVD is going to choose us over other programs to play with our skill position talent? Please.

lol I literally just commented saying them too. I think if we had the ability to get either of them, we should seriously consider taking it asap. **** around and find out.
McCall I can live with, even if he might be a system qb.

Pratt is mid. Threw for under 200/game. Game manager.

A few guys I like:

Kurtis Rourke (Ohio), if healthy

Austin Reed (WKU)

Kaidon Salter (Liberty)

Of course he isn’t elite but he is an all-conference caliber player. He put up numbers with a shîtty o-line and the receivers wasn’t great. He would probably do great at bama with all the talent they have
I think he would do well at bama when they put talent everyone. When the face UGA then that's different. That's why I'm saying if he truly doesn't believe in himself he will go to bama. It's the easier route to the league for him. If he stays her it's high risk that he can flame out. This probably won't be a good year the teams best players are just arriving and their pups.

All this basketball and football "speculation" or bewilderment makes me wonder if the RUIZ deals have become victims of the "asset-compensation" scheme he seems accused of:

It seems he falsely (or some claim fraudulently) gave stock or stock options as asset compensation, indicating it was valued or worth $30-40 a share (today it's under a dollar.) If Pack's $800,000 or monies promised to TVD or others were of similar ilk, well, even if there are other "booster-benefactors" to fall back on, this could be a real mess, and is generally recent news. (he missed another "extended-deadline" to restate his financials or such this weekend, I read somewhere, and also had some sort of debt-relief agreement drawn up with some bank or party)
I really hope these folks were being paid cash and not through stock options for a worthless company. Wonder when we’ll figure out the details

Advertisement
McCall I can live with, even if he might be a system qb.

Pratt is mid. Threw for under 200/game. Game manager.

A few guys I like:

Kurtis Rourke (Ohio), if healthy

Austin Reed (WKU)

Kaidon Salter (Liberty)
Who gives a **** about yards per game? Pratt threw for 9.8 Adjusted Yards/attempt and 27Tds (8% rate) to 5INTs (1.5% rate). Bryce Young threw 9.9 AY/A, 32 TDs (8.4%), and 5 INTs (1.3%). Those are great stats. TVD in 2021 had 9.8 AY/A, 25 TDs (7.7%), and 6 INT (1.9%).... So anyone who thinks TVD was good/great in 2021, Pratt was likely better last year.

Theres also just whoever loses the Texas job (murphy. By naming ewers starter they keep him, and manning is staying) , the Bama job (milroe/Simpson), the UGA job (beck/vandagriff), UTenn (Milton if Iamaleava wins starting job), etc, etc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really hope these folks were being paid cash and not through stock options for a worthless company. Wonder when we’ll figure out the details
It’s been implied by those in the know that Ruiz is more of the mouthpiece of the NIL program. I mean we had the CEO of MasTec personally fly to get Mario. I doubt, seriously doubt Miami was dumb enough to give deals like that.

Who gives a **** about yards per game? Pratt threw for 9.8 Adjusted Yards/attempt and 27Tds (8% rate) to 5INTs (1.5% rate). Bryce Young threw 9.9 AY/A, 32 TDs (8.4%), and 5 INTs (1.3%). Those are great stats. TVD in 2021 had 9.8 AY/A, 25 TDs (7.7%), and 6 INT (1.9%)....

Theres also just whoever loses the Texas job (murphy. By naming ewers starter they keep him, and manning is staying) , the Bama job (milroe/Simpson), the UGA job (beck/vandagriff), UTenn (Milton if Iamaleava wins starting job), etc, etc.
Murphy and Vandergriff are the most likely candidates IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back