TVD NIL Deal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1663030579210.gif

just got word that he signed a deal with lebatard/meadowlark media. thoughts?
This is what NIL deals should be about. Signing players who have proven themselves at this level and are getting rewarded for their accomplishments, not some highly rated high school kid who hasn't done jack!

Advertisement
This should be really good. And why is that?
I can see both sides of it. As far as why; realistically you'd want him laser focused on aTm, and not about whatever his agent is telling him about his NIL deals. But I'm also not a student athlete in the current NIL model for a p5 program, so idk how it all actually works day to day.

I can see both sides of it. As far as why; realistically you'd want him laser focused on aTm, and not about whatever his agent is telling him about his NIL deals. But I'm also not a student athlete in the current NIL model for a p5 program, so idk how it all actually works day to day.
Some of y’all are so out of touch with reality that it hurts. But you know what you’re right.

The reason TVD was so off last game was because he was on the sideline negotiating NIL deals and they were trying him with the prices. That’s why he was so stuck in his own head.

Advertisement
Some of y’all are so out of touch with reality that it hurts. But you know what you’re right.

The reason TVD was so off last game was because he was on the sideline negotiating NIL deals and they were trying him with the prices. That’s why he was so stuck in his own head.
NIL is just another distraction for them. No different than social media, cell phones, etc. That's why they have rules like no cell phones the night before a game, etc. I didn't say any of those things, I just said I can see both sides of it.
Think what you want, but I have a sneaky suspicion the real reason for the newfound parity in CFB has equal parts to do with NIL as it does the transfer portal. You joke about TVD being off, but then you have highly talented teams like aTm coming out flat at home vs App St. Oh, sorry but I forgot "That's just what they do to teams".
I was the same person who complained about Manny doing civics lessons with the team during bye weeks instead of using every minute of time to prepare for the rest of the season, and you all laughed then too. May as well give them their phones back before games, not track who is in their hotel room at night, etc. It is all part of the culture. I'm happy for TVD. I even laughed at the AR moving company commercial and thought he did great, thinking I would totally use them. It is what it is.

NIL is just another distraction for them. No different than social media, cell phones, etc. That's why they have rules like no cell phones the night before a game, etc. I didn't say any of those things, I just said I can see both sides of it.
Think what you want, but I have a sneaky suspicion the real reason for the newfound parity in CFB has equal parts to do with NIL as it does the transfer portal. You joke about TVD being off, but then you have highly talented teams like aTm coming out flat at home vs App St. Oh, sorry but I forgot "That's just what they do to teams".
I was the same person who complained about Manny doing civics lessons with the team during bye weeks instead of using every minute of time to prepare for the rest of the season, and you all laughed then too. May as well give them their phones back before games, not track who is in their hotel room at night, etc. It is all part of the culture. I'm happy for TVD. I even laughed at the AR moving company commercial and thought he did great, thinking I would totally use them. It is what it is.
Do you honestly believe a kid getting an NIL deal is a problem? The whole “they should eat, breath, sleep, and **** football. Anything less than that is failure.” I mean if these kids were robots sure maybe but that’s not how anything in the real world works and anybody that tries to tell you otherwise is full of it. The world is not black and white.

Listen I’m not trying to offend you or demean you or anything. I truly mean that.

I will reiterate though that you are woefully out of touch with reality if you think getting NIL is the problem.

This deal has most likely been in the works for awhile and was announced now on a S FL podcast prior to the biggest game of the season. Also these kids have people handling their deals, it is not like TVD is crunching the numbers to make sure he is getting enough money out of the deal

Do you honestly believe a kid getting an NIL deal is a problem? The whole “they should eat, breath, sleep, and **** football. Anything less than that is failure.” I mean if these kids were robots sure maybe but that’s not how anything in the real world works and anybody that tries to tell you otherwise is full of it. The world is not black and white.

Listen I’m not trying to offend you or demean you or anything. I truly mean that.

I will reiterate though that you are woefully out of touch with reality if you think getting NIL is the problem.
No. Again, that isn't what I said. In fact, it wasn't even my post. I just said I can see both sides of it. I'm not offended. Why would I be offended at the opinion of someone who posts on an online message board lol. That's what this site is for, people to express their thoughts in regards to the U.

Advertisement
Back