TVD getting some press up here in NY

Advertisement
"Six months before Dorsey and the Hurricanes took the field with arguably the greatest college football team of all time and embarked on what remains their last national championship season in 2001, Amy Van Dyke’s water broke halfway through the Connecticut bar exam. She called her doctor, her husband, Bill, and her mother, Cathie. Then she sat back down to finish the exam before making it to the hospital in time to give birth to her first child, a baby boy. Tyler Van Dyke is 21 years old now, Miami’s 6-foot-4, 225-pound redshirt sophomore quarterback and a projected first-round NFL draft pick, whenever he turns pro."

“I just try to block it out, because good or bad [the praise or criticism] can get in your head,” the Glastonbury, Conn., native told The Post. “Every school has fans, but I don’t think they are like they are down here. It’s not a college town. There are a lot more grown-up fans than there are college students. They grew up watching those teams from the ’80s, ’90s and early 2000s that were the best in the country, so I understand the frustration [of not winning].

“That’s why I’m here to try to help bring that back for the city.”

“He has always taken on a challenge,” Amy Van Dyke said. “Everything is a game to him. He’ll make anything into a game. He doesn’t want anybody looking at him as a slacker. He has a need to get better at things.”

There were forays into other sports. He played basketball and baseball at Suffield, where he was named the Western New England Prep Baseball League Pitcher of the Year as a junior after going 6-0 with a 1.08 ERA for the league champions. He’s also a terrific golfer, with a 2.5-handicap index. But football captivated him – after sixth grade he told his father he didn’t want to play AAU baseball anymore and instead wanted to focus on training for football in the summer.

Van Dyke grew up an Eagles fan, particularly of Donovan McNabb, and he had a Fathead of running back LeSean McCoy on his bedroom wall. He also had a copy of Tom Brady’s TB12 book. As a quarterback growing up in New England, he couldn’t help but be influenced by the longtime Patriots superstar. He took what he learned about his NFL heroes and applied some of their tactics. In high school, he routinely put in extra time throwing routes with his receivers after practice and in the offseason.

“I just want a chance to compete for an ACC championship and possibly a spot in the college football playoff,” he said. “Many people might not think it’s a possibility for us, but I think it is. For us, it’s all about understanding the small details. Once you understand those, that’s when Miami should be hard to beat.”

km_20211127-3_720p(1)_1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
My comp for him is Joe Burrow. We’ll see.
Well, it will be hard to compare. Burrow was throwing to Jefferson and Chase in his record breaking year. I think TVD will have a very good year and be a very good pro, though. I think he's more of a better Mac Jones than a Joe Burrow. Mac had some "better than average" receivers too.

Advertisement
"Six months before Dorsey and the Hurricanes took the field with arguably the greatest college football team of all time and embarked on what remains their last national championship season in 2001, Amy Van Dyke’s water broke halfway through the Connecticut bar exam. She called her doctor, her husband, Bill, and her mother, Cathie. Then she sat back down to finish the exam before making it to the hospital in time to give birth to her first child, a baby boy. Tyler Van Dyke is 21 years old now, Miami’s 6-foot-4, 225-pound redshirt sophomore quarterback and a projected first-round NFL draft pick, whenever he turns pro."

“I just try to block it out, because good or bad [the praise or criticism] can get in your head,” the Glastonbury, Conn., native told The Post. “Every school has fans, but I don’t think they are like they are down here. It’s not a college town. There are a lot more grown-up fans than there are college students. They grew up watching those teams from the ’80s, ’90s and early 2000s that were the best in the country, so I understand the frustration [of not winning].

“That’s why I’m here to try to help bring that back for the city.”

“He has always taken on a challenge,” Amy Van Dyke said. “Everything is a game to him. He’ll make anything into a game. He doesn’t want anybody looking at him as a slacker. He has a need to get better at things.”

There were forays into other sports. He played basketball and baseball at Suffield, where he was named the Western New England Prep Baseball League Pitcher of the Year as a junior after going 6-0 with a 1.08 ERA for the league champions. He’s also a terrific golfer, with a 2.5-handicap index. But football captivated him – after sixth grade he told his father he didn’t want to play AAU baseball anymore and instead wanted to focus on training for football in the summer.

Van Dyke grew up an Eagles fan, particularly of Donovan McNabb, and he had a Fathead of running back LeSean McCoy on his bedroom wall. He also had a copy of Tom Brady’s TB12 book. As a quarterback growing up in New England, he couldn’t help but be influenced by the longtime Patriots superstar. He took what he learned about his NFL heroes and applied some of their tactics. In high school, he routinely put in extra time throwing routes with his receivers after practice and in the offseason.

“I just want a chance to compete for an ACC championship and possibly a spot in the college football playoff,” he said. “Many people might not think it’s a possibility for us, but I think it is. For us, it’s all about understanding the small details. Once you understand those, that’s when Miami should be hard to beat.”
Ah snap.... TVD an Eagles fan....
Please, stars.... ALIGN!!!!

Advertisement
Just imagine this though.

He still has two years of eligibility left after this season. Can you imagine TVD helming the Hurricanes in 2024 with all of the pieces Mario will be adding?

Even Ruiz doesn't have enough money to keep him... Lawrence and Luck stayed another year though, so there is that.

Advertisement
Back