Official TVD comments on Hard Rock

Advertisement
TVD simply told the truth. This fan base just run their mouths on message boards and Twitter but don't actually go support the team and then have the nerve to get offended by facts.

I would bet that 90% of the people on boards and social media that claim to be fans aren't students or alumni, so why point that out when it comes to filling the seats.

We know it's a small school but there's over 6 million people in the metro area so there's no excuse.

And please stop with the if we win they will come. 2001 team was winning and still didn't sell out.

I'm sick of hearing about how electric the Notre Dame game was, that **** was 5 years ago.
Do you go to the games?

My guy its seems that you misunderstood me, so let me be clear.

I was pointing out the fact that people use the small student body as an excuse. You are actually proving my point that it’s NOT about the students and alumni but rather it’s the community that need to show more support for the team bc they are the ones online. Wtf man
The community, many aren’t even from here.

Transplant city, immigrant city full of people that to them, futbol is known here as soccer.

A lot of people support the university down here but it’s never as simple as what many people believe. It translates to all sports team except maybe the Dolphins.

alumni seating in the heat. Season tickets as I said before. Like I mentioned before regarding TVD is for his comments and his poor play. I still support him as he is a Cane. Just bonehead comment. This is our qb and face of the franchise?
This is actually a good crowd for a Bethune game. Will probably be the highest attended game until UNC.

This is actually a good crowd for a Bethune game. Will probably be the highest attended game until UNC.
the Bethune good was pretty well attended for Bethune esp. the southern miss game was putrid. the UNC game should be better esp if its at night. miami can't show up on time or during the day. night game and you'll get a good crowd.

Advertisement
**** no. hes a business man. his job is to make money. hs gonna make money off this stadium as the owner. its a development RE play.
I’ll believe when I see it. And if it does happen I’ll drive from broward to go to games the same way I drive to HRS. I just don’t see it happening

Let's all agree on theses two things, TVD was stupid to say what he said and the program deserves better attandance

What do you want to bet he has the phone number to the guy that gave him the car?
Definitely agree.

I like the kid, but that isn't something you would hear a whole lot of IT SEEMS before these kids had more reason to believe their own offseason hype.

He was treated like potential Heisman royalty long before he had truly accomplished a ton. Great back end of the season for sure, but he should be taking it to a different level, and I'm not seeing it yet. We can blame a young inexperienced receiving core, Gattis, the OL occasionally, but he looks slower (hard to believe) and his balls sure are Dorseying around a little more than I saw last year.....

Advertisement
Definitely agree.

I like the kid, but that isn't something you would hear a whole lot of IT SEEMS before these kids had more reason to believe their own offseason hype.

He was treated like potential Heisman royalty long before he had truly accomplished a ton. Great back end of the season for sure, but he should be taking it to different level, and I'm not seeing it yet.
JD4 went through the numbers he had and compared it. his numbers for a freshman were up there w the elites to very good QBs in recent time. A. its not all on him in terms of the next level. if he came back w the same oC and QB coach nd he struggled like this you have a point. hes not in the same offense and w different coaches forcing stuff that he doesn't excel in right now along w issues at WR.

JD4 went through the numbers he had and compared it. his numbers for a freshman were up there w the elites to very good QBs in recent time. A. its not all on him in terms of the next level. if he came back w the same oC and QB coach nd he struggled like this you have a point. hes not in the same offense and w different coaches forcing stuff that he doesn't excel in right now along w issues at WR.
Different offense or not he’s need to play better. What’s he’s done so far first 3 games is not nearly enough. Missing throws routinely and throwing to the wrong receivers is just exactly that no matter if you have a new offensive scheme or not. Call it what it is

Different offense or not he’s need to play better. What’s he’s done so far first 3 games is not nearly enough. Missing throws routinely and throwing to the wrong receivers is just exactly that no matter if you have a new offensive scheme or not. Call it what it is
I mean sure but those factors do impact the guy.

its more than just missing throws or wrong receivers. its been said the true issues ad nauseam now

Advertisement
bc you were the last relevant response "bro". de pinga. if you all wanna prove tvd wrong, get the city to show up. we know that wont happen so TVD is correct and will be proven so

Look, man, 80% of the time, you are a good poster, but the other 20% of the time, your anti-Miami commentary is just intolerable.

I get it, you're a more recent alum who knows more than all the rest of us older alums. But please cut the crap with hating on the Miami fanbase. ****, you've even had alums from your same time period tell you that you are mischaracterizing the fan support.

It's not up to US POSTERS to "prove TVD wrong". He's actually correct in the basic literal sense, he just got goaded into a bad no-win question/answer scenario and didn't think about how our rivals were going to exaggerate his comments.

Regardless of how the Broward/Palm Beach mafia is going to mischaracterize what I'm about to say, UM had a distinct break in its gameday culture when we lost the Orange Bowl. I realize that you don't have the perspective to know what an amazing environment it was in the 1980s and 1990s, and I definitely know that you are unaware of how Tad Foote and Dave Maggard and Paul Dee managed to destroy all of our momentum and goodwill from our championship years.

I'm not going to go into great depth and detail. I was DM'ing with another poster earlier today and we were trading our memories of what happened to our attendance and atmosphere. There is nothing that is so unique about UM students and the student experience and football. If UM was winning and the stadium was closer, a lot more students would attend games, just as they do at Alabama and Georgia and Florida and Ohio Taint and USC and Texas.

The non-alum fans are a different issue. For decades, UM had been building a relationship through ticket specials and family-friendly events that has now disappeared. Some of us are starting to work on the community aspect of this, we've had some prelim discussions on buying up unsold tix and distributing them to youth organizations. And while we can debate "Hard Rock vs. Tropical" for a million years, we should never forget that Dade County has been talking about extending MetroRail to the county line FOR DECADES. Imagine the possibilities of a Metro extension, coupled with "express trains" from UM to Hard Rock. We just need politicians to get off their lazy ****s and follow through on decades of vague and deceitful promises.

Yes, SoFla has issues, both geographic and demographic. It is always going to be a CHALLENGE to sell out six or seven UM home games, no matter the location, capacity, or amenities. But UM needs to make the effort. Sadly, we have about 20 years worth of recent alums who are lifeless and nearly worthless when it comes to alumni events and trying to build support for football and other sports, and yes a lot of that is due to our poor on-field performance.

But it has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?

(apologies, Zach)

ALL **** CAN'T STOP US NOW.

Look, man, 80% of the time, you are a good poster, but the other 20% of the time, your anti-Miami commentary is just intolerable.

I get it, you're a more recent alum who knows more than all the rest of us older alums. But please cut the crap with hating on the Miami fanbase. ****, you've even had alums from your same time period tell you that you are mischaracterizing the fan support.

It's not up to US POSTERS to "prove TVD wrong". He's actually correct in the basic literal sense, he just got goaded into a bad no-win question/answer scenario and didn't think about how our rivals were going to exaggerate his comments.

Regardless of how the Broward/Palm Beach mafia is going to mischaracterize what I'm about to say, UM had a distinct break in its gameday culture when we lost the Orange Bowl. I realize that you don't have the perspective to know what an amazing environment it was in the 1980s and 1990s, and I definitely know that you are unaware of how Tad Foote and Dave Maggard and Paul Dee managed to destroy all of our momentum and goodwill from our championship years.

I'm not going to go into great depth and detail. I was DM'ing with another poster earlier today and we were trading our memories of what happened to our attendance and atmosphere. There is nothing that is so unique about UM students and the student experience and football. If UM was winning and the stadium was closer, a lot more students would attend games, just as they do at Alabama and Georgia and Florida and Ohio Taint and USC and Texas.

The non-alum fans are a different issue. For decades, UM had been building a relationship through ticket specials and family-friendly events that has now disappeared. Some of us are starting to work on the community aspect of this, we've had some prelim discussions on buying up unsold tix and distributing them to youth organizations. And while we can debate "Hard Rock vs. Tropical" for a million years, we should never forget that Dade County has been talking about extending MetroRail to the county line FOR DECADES. Imagine the possibilities of a Metro extension, coupled with "express trains" from UM to Hard Rock. We just need politicians to get off their lazy ****s and follow through on decades of vague and deceitful promises.

Yes, SoFla has issues, both geographic and demographic. It is always going to be a CHALLENGE to sell out six or seven UM home games, no matter the location, capacity, or amenities. But UM needs to make the effort. Sadly, we have about 20 years worth of recent alums who are lifeless and nearly worthless when it comes to alumni events and trying to build support for football and other sports, and yes a lot of that is due to our poor on-field performance.

But it has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?

(apologies, Zach)

ALL **** CAN'T STOP US NOW.
I know what Paul dee. I was born and raised in miami and grew up going to the OB in the 90s. I graduated more recently than you but it was still over 10 years ago lol.

I agree on the point you made about the ticket specials. in 01, I remember they held a take your kid in for free day for the troy game. this weekend would be another good time to do it again.

lol the county will never extend the metro and its useless they dont either. it should also run east west along w north south. bright line solves some of the issues though in getting up and down the tri county area.

regarding students, winning helps but man nothing on earth will get them fully invested into a noon game lol esp against no one. a lot of times, the frats will force them to attend but they're not even awake by the time kickoff happens. obviously, again, this is not for every student but im speaking generally. were in a city where everything shuts down at whenever you want it to (literally, 11 doenst shut down). its a bit diff in a college town when the bars close up at 2 and even if you went to someones place to keep it going its still out of the bars or clubs by 2 and home by 4ish vs 7-8 am sometimes (personal exp for me that there were nights we got back to campus at sunrise).

demographically, the city changed too. its way more transplants than before who dont have allegiances to UM or even CFB now.

either way, look I accepted what my hometown is along time ago. anyways I love the city that I was born in and raised in but I also know what it is. I dont need to be blinded about what my city has always been for every sports team in this city. the heat dont draw unless they're good. the panthers couldn't draw a soul till they finally became good the last few years. the marlins only draw when they win world series. its a fairweather town and it always has been one. every local sports radio guy will tell you the same (**** we lost a lot of those too once they closed up the competing sports radio channel).

ok im over this whole ridiculous thing of lets defend our notoriously awful home crowd lol

regarding alumni, the more national our alumni are, the less likely they're gonna stay involved at least in the last 20 years like you said when we dont win. most of my friends aren't from the state (that I met at UM) so they come back once a year at most for home games and travel for an away (ATM was the most recent travel).

ill say this again, we will never be UF or FSU or Bama or w.e. in terms of a traditional college experience. the campus exp isnt that (I did my grad school at the school up north so Ive had the "traditional experience"), but I LOVE our campus exp and LOVE that we have way more to do than a ****** in a podunk ****** college town. we are who we are. embrace it. be different. I love that our tailgates aren't stupid RVs and ****** beer and cornhole. **** that redneck ****. I love that we can turn hard rocks parking lot in a day time LIV and make it what miami is known for - the party. I actually enjoy showing non canes fans who come w me for games that experience. Im embarrassed and frankly bored just sitting around in a beach chair drinking a beer watching the grill go. id rather be where the student frat tailgates turn the noise up and start spraying beer like we just popped bottles at liv. it takes me back to my younger days and its also actually fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man, I want to see Garcia get his shot. I'm not seeing it on the field with TVD. And now he's negative recruiting against us? Send his *** back to Glastonbury and pull his scholly

TVD was right on point. what recruit wants to play in that environment? The school and boosters did all they could in the off season but yall still won't go to the game but complain about everything.

Advertisement
Back