Turning Back The Clock (Long, Honest Vent)

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
You all know I don’t start many threads, but I had to this time.

Shout out to my boy @Redstate12 for adding a little more context with this post.

Of course many have seen my disenchantments regarding Manny being hired here. For one, we’ve criticized Manny’s defense when pitted against good offenses. Two, he was apart of a failed regime. Three, we questioned his recruiting acumen.

But here’s another reason y I wasn’t a fan of the hire......b/c this program was on life support. Richt being hired gave us slight mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but clearly our culture was still damaged and it finally manifested itself in Richt’s last yr. We didn’t just go 7-6 in 2018; no, we were sloppy, undisciplined, selfish, with an anarchy attitude behind closed doors. Trust was broken & relationships were fragmented. During all of this, Diaz was there. Now he may not have been “directly” apart of the mess, but chit was still at the bottom of his shoe.

I don’t blame Diaz for this; naw.....see Diaz should’ve never been put in this position in the first place. When a team is this broken, you don’t throw a new coach, w/ zero pedigree in to this fire. We needed a successful coach, whether an up & comer from the G5 level or a guy having success at a smaller school at the P5 level, IF we were going the cheap route. You see gents, Manny was already apart of the broken culture, so y hire him when he’s tracking chit across the white carpet?

This is on Blake and every single **** at The Hecht. So now we’re stuck w a coach that’s taking us back to a time where we weren’t known as The U, but simply “The University of Miami in Coral Gables, Fl.”

I know there’s old heads on here, and I can’t imagine they would ever think we would turn back the clocks. Manny going 0-2, first time in 40 yrs. Manny losing to 3 separate teams when favored as 14+ point favorites; first time in 40 yrs. Manny not covering 4 separate 14+ point favorite lines in a single season; first time in 40 yrs. ****, I thought I would never see this, couple that with we are now 0-3 after bye weeks, and I don’t have proven data, but I’m going to assume no Miami coach have performed such a feat.

The slurps & derps thumped their chest too hard, too fast. Manny justified our 3-4 start rationalizing we were a play or two away from being 6-1 or even 7-0. Well, any OBJECTOVE fan will tell you that is a warning sign. I’ve heard it all my life being a Chicagoan. I’ve heard this from Jim Boylan from The Bulls. John Fox w the Bears. Rick Renteria with the White Sox. The problem w coaches that suck, is they always have a reason y they suck. Players, time of the game, bye weeks, injuries, not on same page, etc. etc. We were not close to being a 6-1/7-0 team....we were close to being a 1-6. ****, outside of FSU, we were close to being a 2-8 coming in to today’s game.

Even with ALL that being said, coming in today, it’s unforgivable to lose to a team that’s never, EVER beat a P5 team at any moment. It’s unforgivable to lose to a team that’s been smacked around by the likes of two-lane, Kentucky of the West, The Technical School of Louisiana, Tennessee in the Middle of Nowhere, and a Florida School Off The Atlantic. Naw, fellas...not the school that’s had a proud tradition like ours, unforgivable.

Slurps can say, but, but Butch lost to East Carolina in 96/99. Did u hear what I just said? We just lost to a FIU team that have NEVER beat a P5 school in history. Those ECU teams went 8-3 & 9-3 respectively, knocking off several P5 opponents along the way. Yes, bad losses, but being that we had sanctions and Conf USA wasn’t just some schmo conference in the early 90’s, context is everything. Today? There’s no justifiable explanation. FIU sucks ***$$$$$$$$$$, and we just tossed their salad.

I don’t know where we go from here. This is a low point ya’ll; and u know what....let me apologize. Let me not use the term slurpers; these are our brethren who are still holding out hope. I’m not mad at them; I’m mad at this admin though. However, whether u’ve been a fan for 50+, 40+, 30+, 20+, 10+ yrs or just new to the fam, u gotta want more. U cannot continue to accept this, put ur head in the sand, and pop it out every Saturday and say, everything is fine. U cannot think eeking by below avg teams for a W is “moving in the right direction.”

So if u’re like me, and u want more......do something about it. Stop supporting a broken product. No, u r not supporting these kids by continuing to line the pockets of this inept admin, u r hurting them. If u r still fully vested in this coach, this regime, this admin after this game, this season, ****, the last 15 yrs, then I’m w/ @Dan E. Dangerously: Fck u

Advertisement
Image result for law abiding citizen gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

Shout out to my boy @Redstate12 for adding a little more context with this post.

Of course many have seen my disenchantments regarding Manny being hired here. For one, we’ve criticized Manny’s defense when pitted against good offenses. Two, he was apart of a failed regime. Three, we questioned his recruiting acumen.

But here’s another reason y I wasn’t a fan of the hire......b/c this program was on life support. Richt being hired gave us slight mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but clearly our culture was still damaged and it finally manifested itself in Richt’s last yr. We didn’t just go 7-6 in 2018; no, we were sloppy, undisciplined, selfish, with an anarchy attitude behind closed doors. Trust was broken & relationships were fragmented. During all of this, Diaz was there. Now he may not have been “directly” apart of the mess, but chit was still at the bottom of his shoe.

I don’t blame Diaz for this; naw.....see Diaz should’ve never been put in this position in the first place. When a team is this broken, you don’t throw a new coach, w/ zero pedigree in to this fire. We needed a successful coach, whether an up & comer from the G5 level or a guy having success at a smaller school at the P5 level, IF we were going the cheap route. You see gents, Manny was already apart of the broken culture, so y hire him when he’s tracking chit across the white carpet?

This is on Blake and every single **** at The Hecht. So now we’re stuck w a coach that’s taking us back to a time where we weren’t known as The U, but simply “The University of Miami in Coral Gables, Fl.”

I know there’s old heads on here, and I can’t imagine they would ever think we would turn back the clocks. Manny going 0-2, first time in 40 yrs. Manny losing to 3 separate teams when favored as 14+ point favorites; first time in 40 yrs. Manny not covering 4 separate 14+ point favorite lines in a single season; first time in 40 yrs. ****, I thought I would never see this, couple that with we are now 0-3 after bye weeks, and I don’t have proven data, but I’m going to assume no Miami coach have performed such a feat.

The slurps & derps thumped their chest too hard, too fast. Manny justified our 3-4 start rationalizing we were a play or two away from being 6-1 or even 7-0. Well, any OBJECTOVE fan will tell you that is a warning sign. I’ve heard it all my life being a Chicagoan. I’ve heard this from Jim Boylan from The Bulls. John Fox w the Bears. Rick Renteria with the White Sox. The problem w coaches that suck, is they always have a reason y they suck. Players, time of the game, bye weeks, injuries, not on same page, etc. etc. We were not close to being a 6-1/7-0 team....we were close to being a 1-6. ****, outside of FSU, we were close to being a 2-8 coming in to today’s game.

Even with ALL that being said, coming in today, it’s unforgivable to lose to a team that’s never, EVER beat a P5 team at any moment. It’s unforgivable to lose to a team that’s been smacked around by the likes of two-lane, Kentucky of the West, The Technical School of Louisiana, Tennessee in the Middle of Nowhere, and a Florida School Off The Atlantic. Naw, fellas...not the school that’s had a proud tradition like ours, unforgivable.

Slurps can say, but, but Butch lost to East Carolina in 96/99. Did u hear what I just said? We just lost to a FIU team that have NEVER beat a P5 school in history. Those ECU teams went 8-3 & 9-3 respectively, knocking off several P5 opponents along the way. Yes, bad losses, but being that we had sanctions and Conf USA wasn’t just some schmo conference in the early 90’s, context is everything. Today? There’s no justifiable explanation. FIU sucks ***$$$$$$$$$$, and we just tossed their salad.

I don’t know where we go from here. This is a low point ya’ll; and u know what....let me apologize. Let me not use the term slurpers; these are our brethren who are still holding out hope. I’m not mad at them; I’m mad at this admin though. However, whether u’ve been a fan for 50+, 40+, 30+, 20+, 10+ yrs or just new to the fam, u gotta want more. U cannot continue to accept this, put ur head in the sand, and pop it out every Saturday and say, everything is fine. U cannot think eeking by below avg teams for a W is “moving in the right direction.”

So if u’re like me, and u want more......do something about it. Stop supporting a broken product. No, u r not supporting these kids by continuing to line the pockets of this inept admin, u r hurting them. If u r still fully vested in this coach, this regime, this admin after this game, this season, ****, the last 15 yrs, then I’m w/ @Dan E. Dangerously: Fck u

I've cancelled my Hulu account; the only way I've watched the Canes on the road this year.

I've had enough. Uncle.

terrible hire. He is who we thought he was.

Richt gave us a golden parachute and we wasted it on Manny Diaz. No resume, no track record...Manny Diaz.

It’s not his fault for being ambitious. As
Everyone has caught on. Blake’s James must be held accountable.

I wish the ACC would pressure Miami to get a real staff in place and produce.

I’m indifferent now. Making Genesis jokes on another thread about how different Genesis songs relate to the program over the years. I never ever thought I could be indifferent about Miami. You lose to FIU, I become indifferent.

These people who run universities are the worst kind of slime. They preach from an ivory tower while they line their pockets with money they are grifting from others.

I enjoy this board, it is entertaining and I am confident I could break bread with many on here and have a good time. I am indifferent but I feel for everyone on here because it takes seeds to be a Canes fan. You have all been abandoned by Fredo and Fredo wears Orange and Green.

Rell, if I am ever back in NorCal, I will send up the smoke signal. I like your style kid. Stay Gold.

Advertisement
I’m indifferent now. Making Genesis jokes on another thread about how different Genesis songs relate to the program over the years. I never ever thought I could be indifferent about Miami. You lose to FIU, I become indifferent.

These people who run universities are the worst kind of slime. They preach from an ivory tower while they line their pockets with money they are grifting from others.

I enjoy this board, it is entertaining and I am confident I could break bread with many on here and have a good time. I am indifferent but I feel for everyone on here because it takes seeds to be a Canes fan. You have all been abandoned by Fredo and Fredo wears Orange and Green.

Rell, if I am ever back in NorCal, I will send up the smoke signal. I like your style kid. Stay Gold.

Fa sho my guy.

good **** man. And **** yeah we want more. Only ones who dont are the feminists that for whatever reason are allowed to make decisions.

spot in with manny too. Team needed a proven coach, not an easy lazy hire.

ill ride with my canes to the end, but it’s a hollow feeling now. Akin to if I drive down bath ave in Bensonhurst and realize my neighborhood is gone...

Advertisement
I don't care about details or results. I care about big picture logic. We're still an 8-4 level program. The recruiting will align with 8-4 and everything else will align with 8-4.

Naturally when you are 8-4 level then not every season will be exactly 8-4. There will be some meaningless blips upward like 2017 and meaningless blips downward like 2018 and 2019.

Let me know when I'm wrong. The beauty of a wide scope perspective is that you don't have to frantically overreact to every recruit or every coach or every upset victory or defeat.

This board annually overstates the current and logical level of the program throughout the offseason, and then engages in group shuddering as games are actually being played.

I don't expect deviance from that proven mold any time soon.

Advertisement
Back