Tupac Isme 5'11 190 - 2015 RB Lely High (Naples)

Advertisement
He lives! tupac_shakur.jpg

It's not about landing solid kids. It's about landing game changers. Too many game changers grow up in our back yard and go make game changing plays for other teams. Period. Jordan Scarlett is a game changer.

looking forward to this new generation of prospects with names of famous rappers. Raekwon McMillan last year, Tupac Isme this year....can't wait to see what's next.

looking forward to this new generation of prospects with names of famous rappers. Raekwon McMillan last year, Tupac Isme this year....can't wait to see what's next.

I'm crowning Raekwon until some kid named Ghostface comes up.

Advertisement
It's not about landing solid kids. It's about landing game changers. Too many game changers grow up in our back yard and go make game changing plays for other teams. Period. Jordan Scarlett is a game changer.

People just don't realize the difference between having elite prospects and just bodies it makes a difference even with the best coaching

It's easier to coach an ed reed or vilma vs trying to get juice out of a kid that belongs to a wake Forrest it's a different type of athlete that helps schemes function better and coaches become more successful

That's why people get paid to evaluate and recruit on both the college level and pros

I agree about Scarlett being a game changer and its tough losing great backs out of our back yard, but really how tough has it been? We've been losing studs left and right, but I don't think running back has ever been an issue during this drought. Maybe it's just my personal opinion but I've been more butthurt about losing the Matt Thomas, Patrick Johnson (Petersen), Travonte Valentine, Joey Bosa types (for the sake of just throwing some sfla names out there off the top of my head) other than running backs.

Again, the WHOLE point of the thread was to say elite backs grow on trees in south florida. We've missed tons of those over the years, still got the millers, johnsons, and yearbys (add walton)... It's the OTHER positions that truly hurt

Last edited:
I agree about Scarlett being a game changer and its tough losing great backs out of our back yard, but really how tough has it been? We've been losing studs left and right, but I don't think running back has ever been an issue during this drought. Maybe it's just my personal opinion but I've been more butthurt about losing the Matt Thomas, Patrick Johnson (Petersen), Travonte Valentine, Joey Bosa types (for the sake of just throwing some sfla names out there off the top of my head) other than running backs.

Again, the WHOLE point of the thread was to say elite backs grow on trees in south florida. We've missed tons of those over the years, still got the millers, johnsons, and yearbys (add walton)... It's the OTHER positions that truly hurt

I note your point, I just think we have differing opinions on what elite means. Don't want to say much more because I don't want to badmouth kids playing here who I love and fully support. I'll just say that the difference between real good and elite can show up in a big way late in games and be the difference in a few wins a year.

Advertisement
I understand your point. My question to u is are u saying that yearby chocoate and walton arent a top notch level backfield?

Thats my only point. Theres other positions that I feel we severely need elite prospects. Running back is not one of them.

I understand your point. My question to u is are u saying that yearby chocoate and walton arent a top notch level backfield?

Thats my only point. Theres other positions that I feel we severely need elite prospects. Running back is not one of them.

I would say that Michel, Cook, and Collins are what "elite" game changers look like to me. Day one impact guys that win/impact big ballgames for you as freshmen. Day 1 draft picks. I love Yearby, Gray, and Walton and I'm glad they're Hurricanes. I think all three have a chance to be very good All-ACC caliber players for us by the time they're juniors or so. It's certainly not our weakest position on the team, not even close. We can/should win the ACC with that group.

Ok so I see your point. You love the homerun hitter type of players. I definitely see where you're coming from. Well, even though we've missed on those guys in the last couple of cycles, we did have the Lamar Miller, Duke Johnson eras, and got little out of nothing to show for them. I feel like that's because we missed on those other key positions. So yeah I definitely understand your point, but my feeling is until we improve everything else around the running back position, I don't care if we pull in Herschel Walker.. 6-8 wins will be our average

Advertisement

I would say that Michel, Cook, and Collins are what "elite" game changers look like to me. Day one impact guys that win/impact big ballgames for you as freshmen. Day 1 draft picks. I love Yearby, Gray, and Walton and I'm glad they're Hurricanes. I think all three have a chance to be very good All-ACC caliber players for us by the time they're juniors or so. It's certainly not our weakest position on the team, not even close. We can/should win the ACC with that group.

Yeah, we're good, especially since Al will no doubt develop these guys to their full potential. Cough cough.

Advertisement
Back