Trying to prove a new concept

caneaddict

Senior
winning at Miami with low tier FCS coaches and high school coaches, good luck, last time I checked Miami won with staffs loaded to the gils with future NFL coaches and head coaches all over the place...Miamis coaching network right now rivals American Heritage maybe, I can argue that Ron Turner has a better network than Miami right now

Advertisement
It's not going to matter, the Admin/BOT/AD dropped the ball by not firing AG after PITT,
It's all going to fall into place over the 2015 season, we are just going to have to ride this season out.
Hiring big time coaches (like they would come work under Al) would just build false hope and lead to another disappointment of a season. Just except what is going to be and let it happen!

Just don't do anything crazy like purchase anything that would show support of this clown show

I think it would work if the HC makes some philosophical changes. Everything evolves around the approach of the HC.

First, scrap the read and react system on defense. Golden can keep the 3-4 as base, just play more aggressive out of it.

Secondly, if Coley is going to run pro-style, keep the TE as a focal-point and feature the backs more in the passing game.

I think it would work if the HC makes some philosophical changes. Everything evolves around the approach of the HC.

First, scrap the read and react system on defense. Golden can keep the 3-4 as base, just play more aggressive out of it.

Secondly, if Coley is going to run pro-style, keep the TE as a focal-point and feature the backs more in the passing game.

But he's not. Golden is stubborn like that. Golden think his way is the best way and when it fails, it's everyone else's fault. Sorry, but narcism runs deep in his blood and there's nothing that's going to change. As long as the head of the snake is attached, everything will stay status quo. Look forward to 2015 starting off strong, and ending very sour....just like every other year.

Advertisement

But he's not. Golden is stubborn like that. Golden think his way is the best way and when it fails, it's everyone else's fault. Sorry, but narcism runs deep in his blood and there's nothing that's going to change. As long as the head of the snake is attached, everything will stay status quo. Look forward to 2015 starting off strong, and ending very sour....just like every other year.

I agree. Just saying I think it would work if he was willing to evolve as a coach.

Oh shut the fvck up.

You act like you all of a sudden are just meeting Gorlden for the first time. You can't name a single scheme change he has made in almost a DECADE of HC experience.

You are either dumb as fvck or intentionally trying to troll.

Last edited:

Oh shut the fvck up.

You act like you all of a sudden are just meeting Gorlden for the first time. You can't name a single scheme change he has made in almost a DECADE of HC experience.

You are either dumb as fvck or intentionally trying to troll.

Dude, please. I don't give a flying fvck about you nor Golden. And for the record I'm one of the few who has been opposed to Golden's coaching philosophy since the beginning, especially as it pertains to defense.

As I stated before last season started, "Good recruiter + bad coaching = Al Golden." Nothing has changed, and that's the problem. Sorry to disappoint ya.

I agree. Just saying I think it would work if he was willing to evolve as a coach.
You say this as if there's a chance.

Golden wrote a 13 volume magnum opus detailing his football philosophies, pillars, foundations, footers and what not. And you think he's gonna scrap that because a bunch of football imbeciles are calling for change? Pfft. Al Gorlden laughs in your general direction. Ask him and I'm sure he'll tell you that a 6-7 record in year 4 is covered in volume 5, chapter 32, paragraph 2.

Advertisement

So things would work out for Folden if he became a completely different guy with completely different methods?

So things would work out for Folden if he became a completely different guy with completely different methods?

Obviously, nothing is guaranteed. That said, Golden's methods have produced a sub-500 record as a head coach. That won't cut it at mid-tier programs, let along at a program like Miami. Yet, he's still employed at Miami. The fact is that he will be the coach for another year. Like it or hate it. It is what it is.

I want Miami to be relevant again on the national stage, not scrub material teams schedule for homecoming. In order for that to happen there needs to be some changes philosophically. Al's way isn't working. Top 15 defense be damned.

Golden is the kind of coach who sends his buddies (not coaches most likely to get a recruit to sign) into the elite recruits home so if that recruit signs, his friend receives credit. Does that sound like a coach competent enough to make necessary changes?

Golden wrote a 13 volume magnum opus detailing his football philosophies, pillars, foundations, footers and what not. And you think he's gonna scrap that because a bunch of football imbeciles are calling for change? Pfft. Al Gorlden laughs in your general direction. Ask him and I'm sure he'll tell you that a 6-7 record in year 4 is covered in volume 5, chapter 32, paragraph 2.

IMO, if Golden is going to turn this **** around it is his only chance. Either change or kick ******* rocks. His choice. I'm a Cane regardless.

Advertisement

Obviously, nothing is guaranteed. That said, Golden's methods have produced a sub-500 record as a head coach. That won't cut it at mid-tier programs, let along at a program like Miami. Yet, he's still employed at Miami. The fact is that he will be the coach for another year. Like it or hate it. It is what it is.

I want Miami to be relevant again on the national stage, not scrub material teams schedule for homecoming. In order for that to happen there needs to be some changes philosophically. Al's way isn't working. Top 15 defense be damned.

And if Oprah was broke Steadman wouldn't be fcking her.

Folden is Folden. He's a failure for a million reasons. You act like he can just transform himself into a winner by deploying a different defensive scheme. He's a fcking loser. He's going to lose no matter what.

And if Oprah was broke Steadman wouldn't be fcking her.

Folden is Folden. He's a failure for a million reasons. You act like he can just transform himself into a winner by deploying a different defensive scheme. He's a fcking loser. He's going to lose no matter what.

I don't care about who's ******* who. Get outta here with that ****. Listen, you know **** well I think Golden is an abject failure. We've discussed this **** so many times it ain't even funny anymore.

He is what he is. But, at the end of the day I want Miami to win even if you were coaching. All I'm saying is change some ****, and there might be a chance of winning big again. Perhaps he could finally live up to your "Don" status.

IMO, if Golden is going to turn this **** around it is his only chance. Either change or kick ******* rocks. His choice. I'm a Cane regardless.

My point is he's too invested, in too deep in what he believes that he is not going to change. He just isn't. He really believes his way works and we're all gonna be standing around after *next* season holding our ****s wondering how the **** did he just win the Coastal/ACC/playoff game/NatChamp. Understand that it's always *next* season with his plan, it's always SWAG16,17,18,19...that's gonna be THE class. It's all he knows so he will push on, regardless of what anyone else on this ******* planet thinks.

If I were to guess, and this is only a guess, he's given up on local coaches/high schools because they've made it clear that they don't "buy into" his program any more. So, he's gotta go find talent elsewhere. I don't think he ****ed people off I just think he made it clear he wasn't changing and they responded in kind. Sure he pulls a few here and there but even that's not gonna keep happening (if he's still here after this year)

Advertisement
winning at Miami with low tier FCS coaches and high school coaches, good luck, last time I checked Miami won with staffs loaded to the gils with future NFL coaches and head coaches all over the place...Miamis coaching network right now rivals American Heritage maybe, I can argue that Ron Turner has a better network than Miami right now

You could really say that about any school. Most progrums that had some sustained success over the last 15 years had their coach leave for the NFL or had staffs full of guys that would go on to become head coaches elsewhere.

Pete Carroll at USC
Urban Meyer at UF
Nick Saban at LSU
Butch Davis at Miami
Chip Kelly at Oregon
Jim Tressel at OSU*
Les Miles at LSU

My point is he's too invested, in too deep in what he believes that he is not going to change. He just isn't. He really believes his way works and we're all gonna be standing around after *next* season holding our ****s wondering how the **** did he just win the Coastal/ACC/playoff game/NatChamp. Understand that it's always *next* season with his plan, it's always SWAG16,17,18,19...that's gonna be THE class. It's all he knows so he will push on, regardless of what anyone else on this ****ing planet thinks.

If I were to guess, and this is only a guess, he's given up on local coaches/high schools because they've made it clear that they don't "buy into" his program any more. So, he's gotta go find talent elsewhere. I don't think he ****ed people off I just think he made it clear he wasn't changing and they responded in kind. Sure he pulls a few here and there but even that's not gonna keep happening (if he's still here after this year)

I don't disagree with the premise of your post. As a matter of fact, I agree with most of it. It's true Golden is all in on his defensive system, and that is one reason he will ultimately fail this season.

Here's the thing, though. Sure, he is deeply invested in his system. However, when you know you're about to lose it all you do what you have to do to save your ***. Something needs to change or this is his last season at ANY major university, not just UM. He knew that no matter what happened this last season he was safe for another year, so he stuck to his schemes. Now, he's faced with being fired if he has another failure of a season. That could prompt him to make some changes.

Now, I'm not saying it WILL, but it darn sure should. Knowing Golden, he will go down with his misguided ship.

My point is he's too invested, in too deep in what he believes that he is not going to change. He just isn't. He really believes his way works and we're all gonna be standing around after *next* season holding our ****s wondering how the **** did he just win the Coastal/ACC/playoff game/NatChamp. Understand that it's always *next* season with his plan, it's always SWAG16,17,18,19...that's gonna be THE class. It's all he knows so he will push on, regardless of what anyone else on this ****ing planet thinks.

Advertisement
Back