Trying to get Chaney his 100 yards

Canenable

Recruit
After not thinking about this for a day I realized they were trying to get Chaney his 100 years, at least that is the only rationalization I could come up with. Oh he got it on that play and then disaster struck. Dawson is an idiot if that is the case, he is not ready for prime time but he is what we have and he is better than Gattis, but not on Saturday night he wasn't. The offensive performance on Saturday was just that, offensive, it looked as bad as every game Gattis called. I am sick to my stomach still and Mario is apparently worse than Butch was on gameday.

Final thought, wtf was Kam Kinchens doing letting a receiver get behind him on the final play, you are supposed to be an All-American Kam and that is the most basic fundamental rule to follow as a safety. Kam was not even close enough to get a pass interference call, it's Ga Tech, we just lost to them because of everyone that took that field that night, everyone should be embarrassed by that performance, most of all the coaches and supposed leaders of that team.

Time to go out and salvage a season that you yourselves lit on fire! Beat UNC and most of this will be forgotten, go on a 3 game slide and it will live with you forever.

Advertisement
I don’t blame anything on the defense on the last drive. They all knew, just like everyone else, they should not have been on the field. You really think they were completely focused? Of course not. They only gave up 175 yards of offense before that last drive. Don’t be blaming Kam or anyone else in the D for that mess.

He already had 100 yards before the last 2 runs. He finished with 106 yards, last 2 runs combined for 6.

This. Stop with the bull**** excuses. They weren't trying to get Chaney 100 yards. They weren't even thinking victory formation because they didn't do it in any of the 4 games prior.

All 4 games ended with Miami having the ball to run out the clock. All 4 times, they handed the ball to the backs, out of the gun, just like they did on Saturday.

The issue is, nobody cares if you fumble in any of those games, because none were one-score games. However, it's still incredibly moronic, because you don't need to get anybody hurt. But if that's your thing, fine. Dumb as ****, but fine. HOWEVER....in a one-score game, you don't do the same damned thing. You adjust and take a knee, because if the kid fumbles, you lose. So they weren't thinking about 100 yards, or anything else. They WEREN'T thinking, that's the problem. They just did the same exact thing they did in literally every single game to this point. And they got burned, rightfully so, for being ******* morons.

I don’t blame anything on the defense on the last drive. They all knew, just like everyone else, they should not have been on the field. You really think they were completely focused? Of course not. They only gave up 175 yards of offense before that last drive. Don’t be blaming Kam or anyone else in the D for that mess.
the game was over when that fumble happened.

Advertisement
This. Stop with the bull**** excuses. They weren't trying to get Chaney 100 yards. They weren't even thinking victory formation because they didn't do it in any of the 4 games prior.

All 4 games ended with Miami having the ball to run out the clock. All 4 times, they handed the ball to the backs, out of the gun, just like they did on Saturday.

The issue is, nobody cares if you fumble in any of those games, because none were one-score games. However, it's still incredibly moronic, because you don't need to get anybody hurt. But if that's your thing, fine. Dumb as ****, but fine. HOWEVER....in a one-score game, you don't do the same damned thing. You adjust and take a knee, because if the kid fumbles, you lose. So they weren't thinking about 100 yards, or anything else. They WEREN'T thinking, that's the problem. They just did the same exact thing they did in literally every single game to this point. And they got burned, rightfully so, for being ******* morons.
this. in ATM, there were more than 30 seconds left and ATM was within 8 (I believe there were over 2-3 min left in the game after atm cut it to 8). this one is sub 30 seconds w no timeouts. ga tech can't stop it and miami doesn't have to run a play or even give the ball back.

I will say this 100x times over, I feel bad for the players. they won the game. their coach stole it from them. I dont care about the coaches. theyre paid mercenaries who will get other jobs elsewhere regardless of what happened on Saturday. they all will leave for greener pastures when the opportunity presents itself. theyre not coaching for free. I am not in the business of protecting these paid millionaires from criticism. idc what people say about that bc they deserve it. if anyone wants to protect the idiots in the coaching staff room, thats on you and go right ahead but you look like a clown doing it. Marios first four games this year were great (he had us looking prepared, dominant, nd turning the corner). off the bye, we looked like Manny Diaz was coaching this team off a bye and even then, we still had that game won. we could have escaped our first poorly played game of the year with a win and get to UNC for an unbeaten showdown. instead it was a season crushing loss in most instances.

this. in ATM, there were more than 30 seconds left and ATM was within 8 (I believe there were over 2-3 min left in the game after atm cut it to 8). this one is sub 30 seconds w no timeouts. ga tech can't stop it and miami doesn't have to run a play or even give the ball back.

I will say this 100x times over, I feel bad for the players. they won the game. their coach stole it from them. I dont care about the coaches. theyre paid mercenaries who will get other jobs elsewhere regardless of what happened on Saturday. they all will leave for greener pastures when the opportunity presents itself. theyre not coaching for free. I am not in the business of protecting these paid millionaires from criticism. idc what people say about that bc they deserve it. if anyone wants to protect the idiots in the coaching staff room, thats on you and go right ahead but you look like a clown doing it. Marios first four games this year were great (he had us looking prepared, dominant, nd turning the corner). off the bye, we looked like Manny Diaz was coaching this team off a bye and even then, we still had that game won. we could have escaped our first poorly played game of the year with a win and get to UNC for an unbeaten showdown. instead it was a season crushing loss in most instances.

Agree with all but we beat A&M by 15. The game ended with a 1 play drive after we picked off Weigman...we handed the ball to Parrish to run out the clock from our own 3 yard line. But even if he fumbles, A&M has the ball at our 5 or somewhere close, down by 15 points, with 30 seconds left. We're good. Again, still moronic to even run it, but if you're afraid you might get a safety, I maybe 1% understand. There is still no reason to not just get under center, take a snap and take a quick knee at the 2 and end the game.

But they didn't, they handed it to Parrish, and the clock ran out. But we had a 15 point lead. If we handed it to him in that same situation but only up 8, I'd have gone nuclear, because that's begging for disaster. But when you're up 3 with 36 seconds left with a running clock and the other team having no timeouts and you do literally any singular thing other than take a knee, you deserve to lose. We deserved to lose. And we did.

Agree with all but we beat A&M by 15. The game ended with a 1 play drive after we picked off Weigman...we handed the ball to Parrish to run out the clock from our own 3 yard line. But even if he fumbles, A&M has the ball at our 5 or somewhere close, down by 15 points, with 30 seconds left. We're good. Again, still moronic to even run it, but if you're afraid you might get a safety, I maybe 1% understand. There is still no reason to not just get under center, take a snap and take a quick knee at the 2 and end the game.

But they didn't, they handed it to Parrish, and the clock ran out. But we had a 15 point lead. If we handed it to him in that same situation but only up 8, I'd have gone nuclear, because that's begging for disaster. But when you're up 3 with 36 seconds left with a running clock and the other team having no timeouts and you do literally any singular thing other than take a knee, you deserve to lose. We deserved to lose. And we did.
no I meant the people saying the Dawson quote about not running it out when we went w the vertical deep pass to George who scored and iced it)

I found this interesting (although we were up big). Maybe Dawson shouldn’t get as much blame, if any.. cause I would think this is the Mario way, and he should be the only one getting blame for the decision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After not thinking about this for a day I realized they were trying to get Chaney his 100 years, at least that is the only rationalization I could come up with. Oh he got it on that play and then disaster struck. Dawson is an idiot if that is the case, he is not ready for prime time but he is what we have and he is better than Gattis, but not on Saturday night he wasn't. The offensive performance on Saturday was just that, offensive, it looked as bad as every game Gattis called. I am sick to my stomach still and Mario is apparently worse than Butch was on gameday.

Final thought, wtf was Kam Kinchens doing letting a receiver get behind him on the final play, you are supposed to be an All-American Kam and that is the most basic fundamental rule to follow as a safety. Kam was not even close enough to get a pass interference call, it's Ga Tech, we just lost to them because of everyone that took that field that night, everyone should be embarrassed by that performance, most of all the coaches and supposed leaders of that team.

Time to go out and salvage a season that you yourselves lit on fire! Beat UNC and most of this will be forgotten, go on a 3 game slide and it will live with you forever.
All this nonsense is giving tvd a pass.
Dudes were open and his progressions were slow.
There were dudes open and he had plenty of time.
They showed press coverage and dropped into zone at least 90 percent of the game. But a lot of passes were off or he forced them into coverage. I went and rewatched the tamu game and he was throwing lasers that day. He did not have anywhere the velocity he had that first game.

I found this interesting (although we were up). Maybe Dawson shouldn’t get as much blame, if any.. cause I would think this is the Mario way, and he should be the only one getting blame for the decision.

I have a weird feeling it might be some philosophical approach that Mario has.
Maybe his mentality is we play till the end and we don’t get on our knees for anybody but god.

Maybe his mentality is we play till the end and we don’t get on our knees for anybody but god.

mUsT rUn bAlL.

KnEeLiNg iS nOt fIziKuLL

He is a caveman who after many years of coach doesnt know time management

Advertisement
Yeah, but those games weren’t in jeopardy at all and we’re getting young kids some burn. Our game was a **** show and we were lucky to get out of there with should’ve been. Win

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

still smdh over that whole sequence of events. Beyond dumb.

Advertisement
if this is the reason, it makes me think Mario is worse than I could have imagined. what an insane reason to lose a game.

Advertisement
Back