TrumpyCane’s “Chocha (Pussoir) of the day/month” Medal goes to......

Advertisement
Man, I never understood liking UM in football and Duke, UNC, or anyone else in other sports. It's all or nothing for me.

I'm often critical of our teams because I want to see them improve. I want what's best for the young men.
I've been a Canes fan since I was 5 or 6 before I could even understand English. My eyes knew what my ears couldn't understand, we were badass motha ***as and were making a mockery of the establishment "bluebloods". I've had an unhealthy obsession with the team since and never cared at all for basketball, let alone college basketball.

In 2012, Duke offered me, a broke Mexican born kid raised in central Florida, a full ride (something even UM didn't want to do). Duke gave me my own chance to be a bad motha ***a and make a mockery of the establishment "bluebloods" in my industry. So because of tha, Ima Duke basketball fan (though I care about 1% as much about college basketball as I do football). But when it comes to football, it's all about the U. My *** was in the student section decked out in miami gear at both 2013 (when Duke beat us and everyone stormed the field) and 2015 (the lateral game).

So while I get the "all or nothing" approach, sometimes there is a reason beyond just hopping on the bandwagon.

I've been a Canes fan since I was 5 or 6 before I could even understand English. My eyes knew what my ears couldn't understand, we were badass motha ***as and were making a mockery of the establishment "bluebloods". I've had an unhealthy obsession with the team since and never cared at all for basketball, let alone college basketball.

In 2012, Duke offered me, a broke Mexican born kid raised in central Florida, a full ride (something even UM didn't want to do). Duke gave me my own chance to be a bad motha ***a and make a mockery of the establishment "bluebloods" in my industry. So because of tha, Ima Duke basketball fan (though I care about 1% as much about college basketball as I do football). But when it comes to football, it's all about the U. My *** was in the student section decked out in miami gear at both 2013 (when Duke beat us and everyone stormed the field) and 2015 (the lateral game).

So while I get the "all or nothing" approach, sometimes there is a reason beyond just hopping on the bandwagon.
You certainly can't argue with someone rooting for their alma mater, but there are often allegiances that go deeper. Fortunately, for some of us they line up perfectly.

Yes, and yours is a great example. However, the fans I am talking about have no ties to any school and simply go with what is popular. UNC basketball, UM football, whatever.

I'd say the people who have real reasons, like children attending different schools, are far less than those bandwagon fans that jump on just to be associated with a winner.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back