True story

I have a former partner who is on the BOT for another Florida school, and while she is about 60 she is active. She has flown in fighter jets, raced at Sebring, you get the idea. But, if you asked her if her school's head coach in any sport was doing a good job, she would confess that she has no idea. The BOT is there to make decisions about the future direction of the school-questions like should it expand and have 75,000 students or does the university need a school of International Fashion Design. The day to day decisions are made by the paid professionals, the president, AD, Head of Med School................so OP's story does not shock me.

Exactly.

Moreover, this lady donates millions of dollars to the University. Therefore her seat on the BOT is a worthy destination for one with such philanthropic disposition toward the U.

Advertisement
I have a former partner who is on the BOT for another Florida school, and while she is about 60 she is active. She has flown in fighter jets, raced at Sebring, you get the idea. But, if you asked her if her school's head coach in any sport was doing a good job, she would confess that she has no idea. The BOT is there to make decisions about the future direction of the school-questions like should it expand and have 75,000 students or does the university need a school of International Fashion Design. The day to day decisions are made by the paid professionals, the president, AD, Head of Med School................so OP's story does not shock me.

This. Also, not all BOT members have say on athletic matters. The ones who do, or have the most say, are well known by this board

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back