Trouble From UNC...

daddacane

Senior
Carolina has caused havoc to most ACC teams because of their size at WR position....Players average 6'4," weigh average 215, can catch and run with the football. Powerful run game led by Landon Turner and other NFL type players on Oline, keep RB Hood churning along...Best defense Miami will face next to Clemson's..
Best pass defense Kaaya will face in the ACC, Chizik actually teaches db's to play the ball not the WR'
Not much is going to happen with Canes running up the middle but can advance the ball on the edges, and I believe with the talent UNC has in defensive backfield Kaaya will have a below average game...

The Best news for all the BBB guys is that Shula-Strong-and Tuberville have all gone on record stating they have no interest in the HC job at the "U". Chud is happy in NFL.. We'll lose Herman and Fuente to USC-USCarolina or Georgia. Kiffin linked to Maryland job. The field for hiring a meaningful coach is getting so small that the BOT will come down with a decision on Butch or Mario, as they're the only two who will be left. As usual Fire First, Hire Last attitude by BOT will leave us at the alter again...

Advertisement
UNC has played nobody this year. South Carolina and Duke are the best teams they've played. No one they've faced has a competent passing attack. They could very well be a legit defense, or it could be some skewed stats.

They're a lot like our 2013 team that was 7-0. I'm not saying Miami will win, but UNC has played one of the weakest schedules for all power 5 teams, so it's hard to really get a clear picture on how good they truly are.

Why will we 'lose' Herman and Fuente to USCe/w and Georgia?

Are you saying they're better jobs than Miami? 'Cos **** that.

Carolina has caused havoc to most ACC teams because of their size at WR position....Players average 6'4," weigh average 215, can catch and run with the football. Powerful run game led by Landon Turner and other NFL type players on Oline, keep RB Hood churning along...Best defense Miami will face next to Clemson's..
Best pass defense Kaaya will face in the ACC, Chizik actually teaches db's to play the ball not the WR'
Not much is going to happen with Canes running up the middle but can advance the ball on the edges, and I believe with the talent UNC has in defensive backfield Kaaya will have a below average game...

The Best news for all the BBB guys is that Shula-Strong-and Tuberville have all gone on record stating they have no interest in the HC job at the "U". Chud is happy in NFL.. We'll lose Herman and Fuente to USC-USCarolina or Georgia. Kiffin linked to Maryland job. The field for hiring a meaningful coach is getting so small that the BOT will come down with a decision on Butch or Mario, as they're the only two who will be left. As usual Fire First, Hire Last attitude by BOT will leave us at the alter again...

Seriously. LOL.

Take a look at Brian Kelly's speech after he won the Big East with Cinncy stating that he wasn't going to leave for Notre Dame. Where's he coaching now? Nick Saban said that he would not take the Alabama job while he was the coach of the Dolphins. Where's he coaching now?

Don't ever take anything coaches say publicly at face value. They can't comment on open jobs, but they can certainly have their respective agents start the negotiations.

Advertisement

It depends on what the coach is looking for. Does the coach value fan and admin support and commitment to the program or does he want to be able to coach for championships? Surprisingly, some value the former over the latter

"trouble from UNC..." suggests a problem with a player (suspension, injury..)

Advertisement
UNC has played nobody this year. South Carolina and Duke are the best teams they've played. No one they've faced has a competent passing attack. They could very well be a legit defense, or it could be some skewed stats.

They're a lot like our 2013 team that was 7-0. I'm not saying Miami will win, but UNC has played one of the weakest schedules for all power 5 teams, so it's hard to really get a clear picture on how good they truly are.

Agree with the weak schedule part but we are still going to get rocked. Hope I'm wrong but the cancer pyrite infected us with is still present. We are going down hard today. No D with have his **** torn apart today.

OP's post sounds like he's saying that UNC is going to win because they've adopted the al golden recruiting model. :monkey-serious:

Why do Cane fans continue to think Miami is a prime job in its current state, to include the crappy division of the worst big conference? Georgia, USCe and Missouri are all going to be looked upon favorably because of conference affiliation and support. USCw needs no explanation. Miami may end up with Butch instead of choosing him. The landscape of college football has changed dramatically and Miami is still behind the power curve.

Advertisement

Why do Cane fans continue to think Miami is a prime job in its current state, to include the crappy division of the worst big conference? Georgia, USCe and Missouri are all going to be looked upon favorably because of conference affiliation and support. USCw needs no explanation. Miami may end up with Butch instead of choosing him. The landscape of college football has changed dramatically and Miami is still behind the power curve.

It depends on what you're looking for in the program. If you only care about the talent you can bring in and the road to a national title, then Miami is better than Missouri or USCe and it's not close.

If you want a huge stadium with great atmosphere, Miami isn't there at the moment. If you win you can potentially bring the fans in as history has shown with the OB we can get a place rocking if we have something to be excited about.

I believe that Schiano is ahead of Cristobal on our list. He could end up being the compromise.

Advertisement
We are in better position than mizzou!!! They have major problems there, & a coach does not want to walk into that mess.. Chit why do you think pinkel is leaving.. Read between the lines!! Usc w, is even with Miami, Coach Davis, Schiano, Herman are a great fit for the Canes.
Butch first, Herman 2 nd... I'm ready , let's get this ball rolling!

I still think our defense is awful, which makes it difficult for me to get too excited for this game.

Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic when Golden finally got fired, but I was expecting D'Blowfrio to go with him. In my mind D'Blowfrio was as much of the problem as Golden if not more of the problem...and he's still calling our defense.

So, while I'm excited and rooting for us to win, I still think it's pretty obvious our defense looks really bad. Although we ran some interesting packages with 4 safeties last week which was nice. We'll see.

With 9 penalties, 2 turnovers and a missed FG, and a specials TD, not much analysis needed.
Not that this really matters, but I find it interesting that when Bush was in a little tiff with one of their WR's (who started it) on the sideline, the ref didn't take his eyes off of Bush.

Advertisement
Back