Trick plays against Ark St

Maybe it was to take time out of Nebraskas practice because they would have to learn to defend them?? Not sure why he would call so many, especially against Arkansas St.... it's the only reason I can think of.

That's exactly why. Makes coaches spend time in film and makes players and coaches spend time at practice learning it, just in case.
Unfortunately, the timing was awful and they're aren't particular good trick plays.
They clearly emptied the trick play book for Nebraska.

This is just a thought, I think the offensive and defensive playbooks are 100% Al Golden's. This offense is extremely similar to when Fisch was here.
I'm not giving Coley a pass here but maybe that's why he's having a hard time calling plays. Calling plays with someone else's playbook is tough. (I do realize they mentioned that they wanted continuity with the playbook when Jedd left.)
The reason why I bring this up is the trick plays look identical to the ones Miami used with Fisch around too. If that's the case, then Golden has to learn not to be a control freak (among other things), with him controlling the D and O playbooks and doing ST, he doesn't trust anyone and with all the micro managing he does.

Maybe someone could check out the offense that was run at Temple and compare it to our and see what schemes they use there for a comparative analysis. I can do it but it wouldn't be done for another week. Just food for thought.

They never said they would have the same playbook as when Fisch was here, and they don't. They said last year they would use a lot of the same terminology as to not confuse the players. Big difference.

Yeah you're right. I do remember that, I just don't see a whole lot of difference regarding the playbook either.
Hard to have a completely different playbook but using the same terminology, if that was the case.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back